This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. mrdann

mrdann

I can NOT speak to the efficacy of using Time/UV light/heat to decon PPE.

What I was hinting at is this...
    Anyone who has received military NBC training, can tell you how gruelling and time/labor intensive it is to PROPERLY decon and doff (decontaminate and take off) PPE. And.......they can tell you just how likely you are to screw up somewhere in the process, thereby contaminating/killing yourself anyways.

What we see with the vast majority of untrained mask wearers is something like this.... Guy puts on a mask and gloves and goes to Walmart. The mask is improperly fitted and allows air to pass AROUND the edges instead of being forced THROUGH the filtering portion of the mask. Then the mask becomes irritating, so they guy hangs it around his neck, puts it on his head, or slides it down to cover his mouth but not his nose. Then our guy touches door handles, shopping carts, produce, etc, etc, etc with his rubber gloves. He touches his mask with those same gloves. Then he goes to his car, grabs his keys with his gloved hands, opens the door with his gloved hands, loads his groceries with his gloved hands. THEN.....our guy takes off his mask with his gloved hands, throws it on the dashboard of his car, takes off his gloves which he balls up and sticks in his pocket to save for reuse and drives home to bring groceries to the wife and kids, thinking he is SAFE because HE USED PPE...just like the pros.

For those who DON'T understand all that's wrong with my scenario.... I'll give you the same visual I gave my guys at work. Imagine you're wearing a mask and gloves. Imagine you're on a game show and they drop a bunch of flour or baby powder on your head. Imagine you now want to remove your mask and gloves and go home. HOW....would you proceed WITHOUT getting ANY of that powder in your eyes, your mouth, or your nose? HOW....would you get ALLLLLLL of that powder OFF of you...off of your body, off your PPE, annnnnd keep from tracking ANY of it into your car, your home, your office, etc? And.....imagine that flour is now invisible btw.

So... Having STUFF that one ISN'T trained to use properly, does not bestow "powers" by magic. It often bestows a very false sense of security/ability.

If you're putting potentially CONTAMINATED PPE in the passenger compartment of your vehicle, then you clearly DO NOT understand that you are completely negating the whole point and purpose of the PPE.

2. Westexas

Westexas

Catchy tune. I need to add that to my workout “easy listening”
    apocalyptic music collection.

Grayson, AdamRodgers and spork like this.

3. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

My Christian friends point out that "it's in God's hands" doesn't mean you shouldn't use the brain God gave you! Our Church suspended services weeks ago, and my wife's Bible study is using Zoom.

It's not that tough, people.

4. drumgod

drumgod

I've got big balls...

5. Westexas

Westexas

Well, the nurse that we thought may have infected us with Captain Trips turned out to be negative.

Dang it! I wanted to get this over with already.

6. evlbruce

evlbruce

Never underestimate the laziness of the MSM.

flyover, MB-G26, AdamRodgers and 4 others like this.
  7. evlbruce

evlbruce

If it makes you feel better there's a fair chance it's a false negative. Or you can look at it that there's no proven immunity and you dodged a boomerang.

MB-G26, AdamRodgers, spork and 5 others like this.
  8. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

Haven't had a chance yet today to YT briefings. Whose "comments about God and reading the bible"? The MyPillow guy?

flyover, Inyo Tim and Westexas like this.
  9. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well some people have a hard time trying to figure out how to use "Play-Dough" if they were given some. Still 90%(just guessin') of MSM don't realize(Or maybe they do and that's even worse) that their misinfo and panic preaching because "All Things Trump Are Bad" is killing people. We are at war and all persons that do that stuff should be locked up until the crisis is over. NOTE TO DEMS/MSM: We(USA) really are AT WAR AGAINST AN INVISIBLE ENEMY. THAT ENEMY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT POLITICS ONE IOTA. CEASE AND DESIST IMMEDIATELY.

Just like many NAZIS after WWII was over, were put on trial for "Crimes Against Humanity"/"War Crimes" at Nuremberg. I believe many of the Dems and MSM should also face charges for knowingly(During a time of War) and purposely putting out misinformation, and trying to lead as many Americans into PANIC and CHAOS. PBIAMF

flyover, astepup, Csv and 1 other person like this.
  10. MB-G26

Way earlier on in this thread, a good & somewhat longer YT instructional video was posted re proper "doning and doffing" (putting on/removing) N95 mask. I presume proper technique applies to any 'disposable' type irrespective of N rating. I don't think this is "it" but there are several on YT of varying length and coverage (PPE items).
    YT search string: https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=n95+mask+removal
    1:38 min. short & sweet, N95 mask only.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    n2g, flyover, Westexas and 3 others like this.
  11. MB-G26

Re: sanitizing otherwise SINGLE USE/disposable N95s:
    (This is just fyi, I have no way to know whether 100% accurate or not, etc. Note also the comments shown in the attachment. YT won't let me copy/paste them for some reason. NO CLUE as to accuracy or veracity, but I thought it noteworthy.) THESE ARE FYI ONLY, implement at own risk. (I sooooooo wish my oven were that clean!)

Screenshot_2020-03-30_185601.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

13. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

OMG! So, there is no global pandemic? Phew.

billy_56081, flyover, Geko45 and 2 others like this.
  14. jmontgomery

jmontgomery

First death in my town. She was a patient at my pharmacy. Early 40s. Passed in the ER. Post mortem positive test.

n2g, flyover, FullClip and 3 others like this.
  15. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

As she stabs herself in the eyeball with the contaminated outside edge of the mask... Good job.

flyover and AdamRodgers like this.
  16. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

You were told not to talk about operation "Clean Sweep". Now we will have to cancel it since everybody knows.

Bummer

n2g, billy_56081, flyover and 4 others like this.
  17. B C

B C

n2g, flyover, Westexas and 2 others like this.
  18. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

This.

I spent 20 years working asbestos, mold, lead & bio cleanup. Without proper Devon you are just wasting time.

I posted this video a few hundred pages back. It’s cheesy but it illustrates the point.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=plQ7N9-4EJ0

n2g, flyover, Boundertom and 2 others like this.
  19. spork

spork Caffeinator

Cheesy, but it really gets the point across. I like it.

flyover, Boundertom and Westexas like this.
  20. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Geko45 and spork like this.