This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Westexas

Westexas

AdamRodgers and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  2. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

4. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

9 confirmed cases in my CT town now (population about 63,000). Of course, it is much higher than that.

n2g, flyover, AdamRodgers and 5 others like this.
  5. Westexas

Westexas

I’ll address the third question first. The hemaglutinnin inhibition has to do with the virus only. Elderberry extract is known to bind to the Hemagglutinin receptor on the flu virus. The flu virus uses this to bind to Sialic acid found on epithelial cells. It has nothing to do with clotting function.

Cytokine Storm is the result of over stimulation of the immune system. Most apt to happen in younger people with good immune systems.

Elderberry extract can worsen autoimmune disorders and interferes with immuno-modulating drugs which tamp down the immune response.

MB-G26, n2g, flyover and 3 others like this.
  6. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Michigan state lawmaker dies; coronavirus suspected

The Associated Press reported that 44-year-old Michigan state Rep. Isaac Robinson's mother, former state Rep. Rose Mary C. Robinson, announced her son's death Sunday, which she suspected to be related to the coronavirus due to the nature of his symptoms.

"I called EMS, they took him to Receiving at 6 a.m. and he was dead by 11," the elder Robinson told Crain's Detroit, a local news publication, on Sunday.

Robinson, a Detroit Democrat, had apparently been suffering from coronavirus symptoms for days but initially refused to go to the hospital, according to his mother.

“He wouldn’t go to the hospital. I kept insisting the last three days,” she said, according to Crain's Detroit. “I kept saying, ‘You should go to the doctor, go to the hospital.’ Of course, he resisted.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/state-rep-suspected-to-have-died-of-coronavirus "

7. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    flyover, AdamRodgers, pblanc and 2 others like this.
  8. GlockAndMan

GlockAndMan

By virus deaths/population ratio US is not yet that bad. Not even among 15 first. Look at the column before the last one.

upload_2020-3-30_8-57-4.png

n2g, Boundertom, flyover and 6 others like this.
  9. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Gov. DeSantis says shipment of drug hydroxychlorquine on way to Florida to help combat COVID-19

TAMPA, Fla. - Shipments of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine are headed to Florida hospitals in four counties. Governor Ron DeSantis made the announcement at a news conference Saturday afternoon. He also mentioned at least 2,000 45-minute rapid coronavirus tests are coming to parts of Jacksonville and South Florida.

Production for hydroxychloroquine is ramping up as demand rises.

"If somebody is in really bad shape and there is no other treatment available and a doctor believes its something that could be helpful we want that patient to be able to have access to that," DeSantis said.

The drug is now part of numerous clinical trials throughout the world testing to see if it could help treat COVID-19 patients. In the U.S., there's currently two trials for hydroxychloroquine. One is already underway at the University of Minnesota. The other trail is at Columbia University Irving Medical Center and is set to begin enrollment next week.

"We actually had a Floridan who used it who was in very bad shape with COVID-19 he used it and it managed to clear up the lungs at the virus," DeSantis said.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/gov-...ine-on-way-to-florida-to-help-combat-covid-19 "

We should know more soon from the trial in NY.

MB-G26, n2g, flyover and 2 others like this.
  10. thewitt

thewitt

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    AGF0526, hugo55, MB-G26 and 6 others like this.
  11. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Nevada Governor Sisolak’s Chief Medical Officer Who Banned Hydroxychloroquine for Treating Coronavirus DOES NOT Have License to Practice Medicine

But as reported in the Washington Times in 2018 — Ihsan Azzam does not have a license to practice medicine in the United States and yet he is dictating public health policy in Nevada!
    Nevada’s top doctor isn’t licensed to practice medicine in the United States.

Ihsan Azzam testified in Las Vegas on Tuesday that he has a master’s degree and worked for several years in environmental public health and epidemiology before being named chief state medical officer last May.

Azzam says he practiced for several years as an obstetrics and gynecology physician in Africa before moving to the United States in the 1990s.

On Sunday night the FDA issued an emergency authorization for hydroxychloroquine to be prescribed to coronavirus patients.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...s-does-not-have-license-to-practice-medicine/ "

n2g, flyover, AdamRodgers and 4 others like this.
  12. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

If staying airborne for 3 hours isn't airborne , then what is?
    Paratroopers stay in the air for a couple of minutes, and we call the
    whole damn division airborne. :D

Cmacc, AGF0526, Quigley and 21 others like this.
  13. astepup

astepup

I'm thinking I should put in for another week off beginning next Monday, but there's no way in hell they'd approve that.

spork, flyover, AdamRodgers and 4 others like this.
  14. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

n2g, spork, flyover and 4 others like this.
  15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Passed it in what way? The CDC estimates 38,000,000-54,000,000 cases of the flu with 24,000 to 62,000 deaths (and that top number for deaths and been revised upward by several thousand at least 2 or 3 times in the last couple of weeks).
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Captain Steinbrenner likes this.
  16. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Doesn’t hurt to try. Every single day away from people, your odds of avoiding infection are improved.

spork, flyover, AdamRodgers and 4 others like this.
  17. bdcochran

bdcochran

It has occurred to me that with all the free time available to members and the inability of some to understand statistics, that they need some help. For those who are afraid of statistics, I have gone to google for you. In fact, if you take the time to read, I found you a free Harvard University course!
    Showing results for free online statistics course
    Search instead for free on line statistics course

Search Results
    Web results

Learn Statistics with Online Courses | edX
    www.edx.org › learn › statistics

Free statistics courses online. Learn statistics and data analysis and advance your career with free courses from top universities. Join now.
    Introductory Statistics : Basic ... · ‎Introductory Statistics · ‎Statistics for Business

Online Statistics Courses | Harvard University
    online-learning.harvard.edu › subject › statistics

Learn inference and modeling: two of the most widely used statistical tools in data analysis. Free. 8 weeks long. Available now. Colorful dice faces.

I hope that members who don't understand how traditional epidemics unfold will use google and do some research.

spork, AdamRodgers, skorper and 5 others like this.
  18. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:9

We have 2 hot spots here in Georgia. One is the Atlanta area and the other one is Albany in SW Georgia.

Latest numbers:

Total cases: 2683
    Hospitalizations: 678
    Deaths: 83

n2g, spork, flyover and 4 others like this.
  19. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

I've tried to point out such possibilities in past posts. Our entire scientific body, US and Worlwide, seem to have zeroed in on human <6ft contacts as the mechanism of spreading infection. While that is a plausible, agreeable, demonstrable assumption, our focus on it ignores other avenues of transmission that may be more devastating to us.

Potential indirect Proof? It would be that with severe quarantines, infections would still be an exponential function. Quarantine method would slow it down, but still spreading with madness.
    I am hoping that's not the case, but we need to be aware of the possibility. Keep an eye on it.

spork, AdamRodgers, Westexas and 2 others like this.
  20. DonGlock26

DonGlock26