This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Westexas

Westexas

I didn’t know you were a Texan. Let me know if you ever head up to the north central area. By the way, it’s cold here today. Mid thirties right now.

I think Captain Trips likes this weather.

flyover, AdamRodgers and Geko45 like this.
  2. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

It had better dam well be; I think we are going to need it shortly.

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Yep.

4. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

5. Westexas

Westexas

They knew about this back in December. I knew about it at the end of December. Quarantining and containment should have started then.

Instead they denied human to human transmission and did nothing. The point is, they had plenty of warning.

6. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Quinine is available for 9 cents a pill through the grey market. Also plenty of herbal preparations from the tree bark can be purchased through Amazon. Obviously the real, concentrated medication should have better consistency, bioavailability, etc. If a medication like Lariago could be obtained, it might slow viral replication if taken early. I wonder if the safety profile would justify taking it as a prophylactic for a little while.

AdamRodgers and Westexas like this.
  7. Westexas

Westexas

ANSA) - Rome, February 26 - Civil Protection Chief Angelo Borrelli said Wednesday that the number of people with the coronavirus to have died in Italy has climbed to 12 while 374 have contracted the deadly virus. Borrelli, who is also extraordinary commissioner for the coronavirus emergency, said the 12th case died in hospital in Piacenza, making him the fist victim in Emilia-Romagna.
    He said he was a 70-year-old man originally from Lombardy who had "important pre-existing" conditions.

Four minors have tested positive for the coronavirus in Lombardy, the northern region's Welfare Councilor Giulio Gallera told private television La7 on Wednesday morning.

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/202...ted_75f1f090-6893-46fa-99cb-44feea920071.html

8. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

9. Chui

Chui

https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/journal-of-chemical-neuroanatomy/vol75/part/PB

There are other studies, too.

Lots of money involved in defending 5G. Most studies look at cell temperature but that is only ONE effect. RNA damage is one effect.

Your WiFi router is a danger as is constant use of a cell phone and cordless phone. The 5G network will require transmitters every couple of houses (higher te frequency the shorter the wavelength and less penetration capability).

It’s NOT a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. thewitt

thewitt

Take this BS to your own thread

11. pugman

pugman

And there go the Olympics.

If not under control by May...2020 Summer Olympics cancelled... not rescheduled.

catman71 and Inyo Tim like this.
  12. BMyers

BMyers

Inyo Tim likes this.
  13. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Let's get back to reality

Corona virus is going to kill a whole lot of boomers. That's who needs to be worried. That and those already sick.

If there are food shortages due to lack of truck shipments then the side affects will be natives getting restless and looting and violence in major cities.

China and the United States are two different cultures. When the Chinese implement a quarantine people know if they come out they're going to get shot or disappeared.
    Here? Some of these inner city youths are going to make the Rodney King riots look like a Disney parade.

I don't know about the rest of you but rural out here most people look out for each other and are polite and will take care of each other The tweakers may get shot but it would be no big loss to society.

Otherwise people are just going to stay in their homes and maybe go a little hungry for a while. But electricity and water won't stop. There will be a lot of panic buying but that's just a part of life for the unprepared.

Most utilities nowadays can be managed remotely. They will still need people on site to manage valves and repair items but skeleton crews can perform those operations.

I really think the Boomer generation is going to get hit hard if this outbreak spreads here.

14. Westexas

Westexas

https://thebulwark.com/iran-and-the-coronavirus-crisis/

...One other prominent winter event is especially worth noting in the context of the coronavirus: a Persian heritage festival in Hamedan, the birthplace of Cyrus the Great, scheduled for January 24 to February 9 to coincide with the Chinese New Year—so as to attract Chinese tourists. Despite the coronavirus outbreak in China, the festival continued, and Chinese tourists arrived in droves to visit Hamedan and other cities across Iran—and Iranians, in response, kept uploading videos of sightings of Chinese tourists to show their objection to the regime’s policy of allowing them into Iran in the wake of the epidemic in China.

Iran became one of the very few countries that did not ban flights from and to China...

...Things get worse. As the COVID-19 disease is spreading, masks are nowhere to be found because, according to leaks from inside the IRGC, security forces had taken face masks out of the market following the recent protests since protestors had used them to cover their faces.

Medications are in short supply, as well...

catman71, OGW, jmontgomery and 6 others like this.
  15. Westexas

Westexas

Yeah, I’m probably screwed. If I die from this, I’ll need you to take over.

catman71, MB-G26 and AdamRodgers like this.
  16. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

That's why I was worried about my mom.

I don't care about food The human body is very resilient and can go months on calorie deficita. all I am worried about running out of toilet paper :animlol:

Stock up!!

catman71, Cmacc, Csv and 4 others like this.
  17. Westexas

Westexas

Yesterday, 12:52 PM
    From Radio Farda

Coronavirus Reaches The Political Elite In Iran And Rouhani Talks About Enemy Plots
    1 hour ago

Mahmoud Sadeqi an outspoken reformist member of the Iranian parliament (Majles) has tested positive for Coronavirus, while there is deep concern about the true extent of a possible pandemic in Iran.

Meanwhile, Deputy Health Minister Iraj Harirchi who has been actively playing down the significance of the contagion for public health in recent days, has also posted a video on social media announcing that he is also ill with the virus.

Several other Iranian officials including a county mayor in Tehran and the head of the Tehran City Council were also tested for the virus, and some of the test results have been positive.

In the meantime, media outside Iran put the number of deaths as a result of Coronavirus at 68 while officials in Iran insist the casualty toll is 15 adding that 95 other patients have been officially tested positive for the virus. .

Announcing the result of his test, Sadeqi (Sadeghi) wrote in a post on Twitter on Tuesday February 25, "I have very little hope to survive." He is a veteran of the Iran-Iraq war and his lungs were reportedly damaged by Iraqi chemical weapons. People with weak lungs are more vulnerable if they contract the virus.

Meanwhile, Sadeqi asked Judiciary Chief Ebrahim Raeesi to grant furlough to political and security prisoners to prevent the spread of Coronavirus in prisons...

Read more: https://en.radiofarda.com/a/coronavi.../30453730.html

18. Chui

Chui

Go LIVE underneath a 5G tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Westexas

Westexas

Source: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/iran-r...ases-1.4828044

Iran raises its death toll to 19 amid 139 coronavirus cases
    Jon Gambrell The Associated Press Published Wednesday, February 26, 2020 5:43AM EST

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES -- Iran's president said Tehran has no immediate plans to quarantine cities over the new coronavirus rapidly spreading across the country, even as the Islamic Republic suffers the highest death toll outside of China with 19 killed amid 139 cases confirmed on Wednesday...

Woo Hoo! We can still vacation in Iran!

20. Chui

Chui

catman71 likes this.