This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. spork

spork Caffeinator

Yep. It is hard to even remember where I saw it or read at this point since I have watched a gazillion videos and read numerous articles, but I recall that multiple sources have stated that there is indeed a possibility of reinfection (plus it may be worse the second time around).

2. Westexas

Westexas

Tweets & replies
    Media

[​IMG]

BNO Newsroom
    @BNODesk

·
    4m

Coronavirus update: - 77,812 cases worldwide - 10,846 being tested - 2,360 fatalities - 11,529 in serious/critical condition - 20,867 recovered - Most cases in China - Growing number in South Korea - 29 countries reporting cases

Very few new cases from China. Either everyone is cured or they gave up reporting.

Mortality rate: 3%

3. spork

spork Caffeinator

Thie Chinese have stated that it is airborne, but the WHO has actually tried to roll that back for some reason. It is as if the WHO is not only covering for China's lies, but is lying to cover for China when it tells the truth.

4. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

Of course it’s airborne
    Haven’t we known this for weeks?
    The WHO is indeed worthless

5. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

If you don't write it down, it didn't happen.

6. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

India was mentioned a couple times in posts that I can't now 're-find'.

Upon reading those, "open defecation practices" was my next thought.

I know nothing first-hand about India, but... this cov19 bug is also spread in/via feces, right? Airborne feces (mini particles from UNlidded toilet flushes) ... now imagine that stastically, just under half their (crowded, cramped ) population participates in "open defecation".... hillsides, crop fields or rice paddies or whatever... water table, wells, etc. ?

AdamRodgers, catman71, spork and 2 others like this.
  7. spork

spork Caffeinator

Strangely, everything you just said describe portions of California as well.

8. OGW

OGW SAF

I also have the impression that most people don't really have a clue about the virus or what a pandemic might entail, even a few people whom I thought were plugged in.

9. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

Yeah, I know. The SF poopfest situation, for example, would seem very relevant.

10. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

South Korea is increasing at an alarming rate. Are most of the new cases still associated with that church?

AdamRodgers and Inyo Tim like this.
  11. Dynactus

Dynactus

I agree, OGW. One of the best ways to get plugged in to this new problem is to study up on the 1918 flu epidemic. Don't just look at the statistics. Watch videos of people who lived through it describe their experiences on youtube. Then go to several cemeteries and notice how many gravestones have the date of death as 1918 or 1919, and how old the person was when he died. It is very sobering to say the least.

DonGlock26, Westexas, AGF0526 and 5 others like this.
  12. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

Welcome to my reality. Me, the wife, my son, her 2 daughters and 3 grandkids. If things go bad the girls will most likely be coming here, with little or nothing in the way of food. I am stocking up now, and Amazon Prime is very helpful. Most non-perishables and canned goods there are $1 to $3 less than the local supermarket per item, and are delivered to my door.

The one plus is if they do move here, the one daughter's live in bum is going to be sent packing. If I am in a good mood I might give him a couple cans of Spaghetti-O's for his journey.

13. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

While reading up on the 1918 pandemic, I ran across an interesting theory on how it came to Europe. 96,000 Chinese were brought to the war as laborers to dig trenches. It is thought they might have brought the virus with them.

14. DocCasualty

DocCasualty Wolverine

7DE13C71-1976-4FBD-B1FC-4D4415C67B7D.jpeg

15. Sgt127

Sgt127

Kind of disturbing thought I just had.

There seems to be a belief that you can catch the virus a second time. If the second round is the same strain, without a mutation.....

That makes me think the body doesn’t make antibodies to fight it.

That would mean they can not develop a vaccine against it.

Am I missing something here?

That would be a problem, right?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  16. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ttDMGEme-k

Westexas, AdamRodgers and Sgt127 like this.
  17. bubbatime

bubbatime

Just an observation:

I've been going to the grocery store about every other day for the past month. Every time I go, I grab several flats worth of canned goods. I've been putting up a lot of extra food at my house.

I have about 4 different grocery stores in my neighborhood that I rotate to, to get variety. Over the last month, I've noticed that the canned goods at every grocery store has gone from completely full to less than 50% full. It appears that folks in my neighborhood are stocking up, and supply at (my) local stores seems to be dwindling, compared to only a month ago. As I said, I go every day or every other day to these stores, so I'm noticing the dwindling supplies.

Just an observation....

I think once this thing kicks off, it will RAPIDLY kick off, and the news will be reporting the pandemic and folks will panic and clean the stores out. If you wait until the last minute, it might be too late. NOW is the time to stock up if you love your family and like to eat..... we are only 9 meals away from anarchy. The average family has 9 meals in their home.... only a 3 day supply.

18. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

I tried to explain this concept to someone last night, and she just could not grasp it.

https://internationalman.com/articles/nine-meals-from-anarchy/

19. Westexas

Westexas

In one the many posts I’ve made was a report from Chinese Scientists that the antibodies produced are not very protective. Also, the immune response is short lived.

So, producing a vaccine that gives protection is problematic.
    This is the same issue that they’ve had with a vaccine for HIV. The vaccines produced induce antibody production, but the antibodies produced are not protective.

COVID 19 is going to have to run its course. In time, humans will develop resistance and this will likely become just another cold virus.

The same thing happened with the 1918 H1N1 virus.

pugman, Sgt127, OGW and 3 others like this.
  20. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

We did develop antibodies to H1N1 and can make a vaccine for it though, right?
    If Covid-19 is impossible to vaccinate for, I foresee a future where everyone takes ARV’s like HIV patients do. Any resistance will be built from natural selection. This may make 1918 look like happy times.