GlockTalk Forum banner

21601 - 21620 of 22060 Posts

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
FL two day numbers about the same. 17k cases 108 deaths on 243k tests. Last two days so 8.5k 54 and 121k per day. Testing positive percentage 6%. A typical day for FL last month+.

17,000 and change. However, again reporting a significant backlog of tests.

I would guess somewhere around 11-12k

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Anyone know if this site is legit and gives decent data?

https://rt.live/

I have been watching it and not sure it has value or not. FL went from red to green with .99 r naught value yesterday and didn’t even report data so I wonder how good the data is for seeing if things are improving or worsening.

·
Registered
19,305 Posts
New cases in Kansas appear to be going down slowly. 5,225 cases in todays update brings the total cases to 153,021. 5,018 have been hospitalized and 3,352 have been discharged. Another 26 deaths brings the toll to 1,529.

812,424 have been tested with 659,403 testing negative. The monthly testing rate per 100K is 5,138. The monthly percent positive is 18.6% down 0.1%.

82 hospitals in this update. 868 total ICU beds with 565 in all uses and 221 in use for covid patients. 35% of beds are available. 838 total ventilators with 168 in all uses and 73 in use for covid patients. 80% of the ventilators are available. 802have been admitted. 2,164 inpatient beds are available.

No increase in the number of counties that have 100 cases or more. The state lists 135 cases for my county and the county health department did not update their numbers.

·
Registered
19,305 Posts
Not good.
I think Kansas got to 20%, maybe a little more. Today we were at 18.6%. I don't know if we are falling because of less cases or a backlog in testing.

·
Banned
2,568 Posts
Anyone know if this site is legit and gives decent data?

https://rt.live/

I have been watching it and not sure it has value or not. FL went from red to green with .99 r naught value yesterday and didn’t even report data so I wonder how good the data is for seeing if things are improving or worsening.
Their data is reasonably good, although it's good to understand that an rT number lags the real time situation by at least a day...

Also notice that the data is presented as a range. Think of it like the cone of probability of a tropical storm.
A given state's range might be larger or smaller that other states with similar rt number. This is an indicator of the robustness of the data set

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Yeah FL is moving towards better just wanted to know if the site has good science behind it or just random junk. Sounds like it at least will show an improving or declining situation relative to virus spread.

Their data is reasonably good, although it's good to understand that an rT number lags the real time situation by at least a day...

Also notice that the data is presented as a range. Think of it like the cone of probability of a tropical storm.
A given state's range might be larger or smaller that other states with similar rt number. This is an indicator of the robustness of the data set

·
Registered
10,130 Posts
I think Kansas got to 20%, maybe a little more. Today we were at 18.6%. I don't know if we are falling because of less cases or a backlog in testing.
Most likely too soon, but could it be that the numbers peaked and are now leveling off or starting to drop? That is what happened in New England in the spring.

·
Registered
19,305 Posts
Most likely too soon, but could it be that the numbers peaked and are now leveling off or starting to drop? That is what happened in New England in the spring.
I am hoping we are leveling off but with the Thanksgiving Holliday I expect the numbers to head up again.

·
Registered
16,321 Posts
My D-I-L was just diagnosed. She is a nurse and is now self-quarantining at home. She is young, healthy and strong so we are very positive about her ability to get through this. My son is being tested now and likely will also be positive, but he has no symptoms.

Her symptoms are "Like the worst flu I've ever had - times 10."

·
Registered
19,305 Posts
One of my customers works for a farm implement dealer. He called looking for a gun and the conversation drifted to the virus. He said they had 8 workers out with covid, three in the parts department alone.

·
Registered
19,305 Posts

·
Registered
19,305 Posts
Dr. Campbell
Nov 29, 2020
Current state of COVID knowledge

Nov 30, 2020
UK update, 30th November

Nov 30, 2020
US update

·
Registered
19,305 Posts
Monday's update is better in some respects, worse in others. 4,425 new cases, 799 less cases than the last update, but brings the total of cases to 157,446. 5,105 have been admitted to hospitals with 3,403 discharged. Deaths were up by 87 for the grim toll of 1,560 deaths.

822,884 have been tested with 665,438 testing negative. The monthly testing rate per 100K is 5,493. The percent positive is 18.4%, down 0.2%.

77 hospitals in this update. 833 total ICU beds with 543 in all uses and 227 in use for covid patients. 39% of ICU beds are available. 919 ventilators total with 219 in all uses and 92 in use for covid patients. 76% of ventilators are available. 854 have been admitted. 2,157 total inpatient beds are available.

The state still has 96 counties with over 100 cases. The state site says my county has 140 cases, the county health department is reporting 138 confirmed cases with 18 active cases and 4 deaths.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
We have to be grateful for not having a moronic tyrannical governor, that’s all.
The idea of having that POS crackhead of Gillum as governor during this times instead of DeSantis is terrifying, can you imagine the chaos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,007 Posts

1. a discussion of side effects of the vaccine up for consideration.
2. given the possibility of fake news co-mingled with short quotations, always consider the source of information/media as well. I am only messenger, not an advocate or anti-advocate.
3. I noticed concerns about dissemination about side effects and also that one person wants to change common language so as to soften terminology like adverse reaction.

·
Registered
19,305 Posts
Dr. Campbell
Nov 30, 2020
Moderna vaccine and long COVID

Dec 1, 2020
Vaccine approvel and rollout

21601 - 21620 of 22060 Posts