GlockTalk Forum banner

21221 - 21240 of 21631 Posts

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
There are 1,872 total "staffed" beds in ND, our hospitals have been open for electives since May. The good news is that we have a half dozen closed hospitals sitting around that could take overflow if it came down to it..we just have no one to work there since even our normal hospitals are chronically understaffed.
Our numbers are rising slowly, however, I expect that to change once cold weather begins. We’ll only be in the forties on Tuesday.

·
Registered
30,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,223
Ohio set a new case record today, 2348.

·
Registered
18,175 Posts

·
Registered
18,175 Posts
The case numbers keep going up just like anywhere else. Kansas added another 1,488 cases for a total of 74,456 cases.3,506 have been admitted into hospitals with 2,485 being discharged. The number of deaths jumped by 80 for a total of 952. The number of deaths appears to be driven by the recent outbreaks in the long term care facilities.

605,509 have been tested and 531,053 have tested negative. The monthly testing rate per 100K is 2,499. the monthly percent positive is 7.9%

123 hospitals reporting this time. 984 total ICU beds with 621 in all uses and 1 covid use. 37% of ICU beds are available. 924 total ventilators with 169 in all uses and 45 being used on covid patients. 82% of ventilators are available. 329 have been admitted into hospitals. 7,402 total beds are available.

67 out of 105 counties now have had over 100 cases. My county remains at 32 covid cases with 30 recovered.

Reactions: Westexas

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I have given up caring about cases. Hospital stats are all I really follow. As long as the hospitals have capacity to care for those that need it I am indifferent to cases. Each case takes another person from the waiting to be infected column and puts 95%+ of them in the done with it column.

I have been tracking the “surge” in cases in FL against hospital stats.

FL (22M population) in hospital primary diagnosis covid (icu vs not icu not broken down)
Oct 1 2082
Today 2125

My county 600k
Oct 1 75
Today 63

This is with daily cases of around 2-3k for the month so 50K new cases in Oct raised our real time hospitalized people count by 43 for the month. We can bump it up to 10k a day and have hospital capacity. This is all with no restrictions and no mask mandate etc. Governor said there will be no more lockdowns no matter what. Citizens use common sense and carry on.

FL
Icu beds available today1,425 23%
Hospital Beds Available 14,733 24%

So if half the people in the hospital today for covid where in the ICU we could double that amount and still have ICU beds. Probably only 15% or less of those in the hospital for covid are in the ICU but no data. Just hospital beds we could multiply the current count by 5 and still have available beds.

The case numbers keep going up just like anywhere else. Kansas added another 1,488 cases for a total of 74,456 cases.3,506 have been admitted into hospitals with 2,485 being discharged. The number of deaths jumped by 80 for a total of 952. The number of deaths appears to be driven by the recent outbreaks in the long term care facilities.

605,509 have been tested and 531,053 have tested negative. The monthly testing rate per 100K is 2,499. the monthly percent positive is 7.9%

123 hospitals reporting this time. 984 total ICU beds with 621 in all uses and 1 covid use. 37% of ICU beds are available. 924 total ventilators with 169 in all uses and 45 being used on covid patients. 82% of ventilators are available. 329 have been admitted into hospitals. 7,402 total beds are available.

67 out of 105 counties now have had over 100 cases. My county remains at 32 covid cases with 30 recovered.

·
Registered
18,175 Posts
Reactions: n2g and Geko45

·
Registered
30,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,228
I am indifferent to cases. Each case takes another person from the waiting to be infected column
And every 50 or so confirmed cases is another death. So yeah, I still care about cases.

Reactions: Geko45

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
I think it's time to stop being afraid of this virus.

1. vaccines are nearly here. that will cover 60% of those who take it.
2. Antibody therapeutics are already here with Trump's recovery being the proof. So the infected can get treatment and feel better in a couple of days.

the problem is that because this is so political, the democrats obstruct effective treatment use, discredit the treatment Trump used, put fear in the hearts of Americans, and cause people to die who could otherwise have been cured. This is the sad part of the story.

·
emeritus
3,069 Posts
It all lies.

Wife and I turned on the news at 5:00 to get the weather forecast as were expecting some inclement stuff to come through.

Naturally, they dutifully transition to their death watch. 43 new deaths was listed with an asterisk. Out of the 43, 31 were derived, "from a review of past death certificates". WTF does that even mean? In further review, the same dead people voted democrat.

Lies. Fear. And a few of you here are held tightly in their embrace. Sad.

·
Registered
18,175 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
I think it's time to stop being afraid of this virus.

1. vaccines are nearly here. that will cover 60% of those who take it.
2. Antibody therapeutics are already here with Trump's recovery being the proof. So the infected can get treatment and feel better in a couple of days.

the problem is that because this is so political, the democrats obstruct effective treatment use, discredit the treatment Trump used, put fear in the hearts of Americans, and cause people to die who could otherwise have been cured. This is the sad part of the story.
You do know that your average person does not have access to the level of care the President received right? Half of the drugs they gave him are unapproved and would normally require reams of paperwork and a half dozen bureaucrats signing off before you would be allowed to have them..by then it would be too late. Most people aren't getting ANY form of care until their symptoms are critical.

·
Registered
18,175 Posts
A higher case count on this update. 1,774 new cases for a total of 76,230 cases. 3,584 in hospitals and 2,518 have been discharged. 975 deaths unfortunately.

616,262 have been tested with 540,032 testing negative. The monthly testing rate per 100K is 2,822. The monthly percent positive is 8.1%.

128 hospitals in this update. 1,008 total ICU beds with 647 in all uses and 2 in use for covid patients. 36% of ICU beds are available. 1,015 total ventilators with 220 in all uses and 41 in use for covid patients. 80% of ventilators are available. Currently 403 covid patients and 7,831 beds available.

69 counties at over 100 cases. My county remains at 32 cases and 32 recoveries.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
You do know that your average person does not have access to the level of care the President received right? Half of the drugs they gave him are unapproved and would normally require reams of paperwork and a half dozen bureaucrats signing off before you would be allowed to have them..by then it would be too late. Most people aren't getting ANY form of care until their symptoms are critical.
I trust the president will keep his word when he said he will make the same treatment he received available to every American for free. for sure the cost of this treatment will be FAR less than shutting down the country.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I think a medical examiner or two
Came back from vacation for my county. We usually have deaths 0-4 a day and today we had 15. 10 of the 15 from Long Term Facility keeping with our existing percentage of 64% of our deaths are ltc. 5 of the 15 are people diagnosed in Aug and 7 in Sept. they don’t tell you when they die but it sometimes takes a couple of months from death to be counted. if you look at the FL data with deaths by day of death we have a long gap usually for people who died. So deaths are pretty worthless for evaluating the current situation.

Florida added a breakdown of deaths by age.

82% of deaths are 65+
new cases today 3700 and over 65 are 14% of them. Hospitalizations steady. 2,113 (3.5%) of our 61,000 beds have covid patients in them. Available beds and ICU beds 23% available. If the snowbirds stay away we will have more available hospital capacity the. We ever have.

The age group that is growing case wise is age 5-24 in FL.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/#latest-stats

https://bi.ahca.myflorida.com/t/ABICC/views/Public/HospitalBedsCounty?:showAppBanner=false&:display_count=n&:showVizHome=n&:eek:rigin=viz_share_link&:isGuestRedirectFromVizportal=y&:embed=y

·
Wolverine
8,829 Posts
Yeah . . . IDK. People just aren’t getting it. Admitted an elderly person tonight with multiple co-morbidities, CoViD19 positive with classic symptoms. Despite being symptomatic for a week, decided to travel 300 miles across the State, stopping at who knows how many rest stops and/or restaurants and gas stations, staying at a hotel with others, going to how many other venues over a couple of days, and now potentially having spreading it further and prior to the trip. WTF?

21221 - 21240 of 21631 Posts