GlockTalk Forum banner

21201 - 21220 of 21633 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
As much as it pains me to agree with him, technically he is correct. Currently, if you have TB, latent or active, you can be forced to take treatment in the interest of public health and it is not far fetched to believe the kung flu wouldn’t be treated the same way, legally speaking.
This is where you hit the mail on the head... Lawsuits and incarceration coming for those who refuse to incur forced-inoculations, or wear a mask.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
This is where you hit the mail on the head... Lawsuits and incarceration coming for those who refuse to incur forced-inoculations, or wear a mask.
I’m concerned about our reaction to a disease with a 0.3% mortality rate. Our economy has been hammered by this. Every rogue nation and terrorist group on the planet has seen our reaction. I’m quite certain that someone out there is planning a little surprise down the road.

Imagine what effect a virus with a mortality rate 100 times higher would do.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I’m concerned about our reaction to a disease with a 0.3% mortality rate. Our economy has been hammered by this. Every rogue nation and terrorist group on the planet has seen our reaction. I’m quite certain that someone out there is planning a little surprise down the road.

Imagine what effect a virus with a mortality rate 100 times higher would do.
The Russians had/have a massive stockpile of Smallpox variants ready for distribution... Probably 1/2 the planet's population would be physically devastated and result in a global economic meltdown.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
The Russians had/have a massive stockpile of Smallpox variants ready for distribution... Probably 1/2 the planet's population would be physically devastated and result in a global economic meltdown.
Kanatjan Alibekov revealed this when he defected to the west. He was Deputy Director of Biopreparat. He told William Patrick of USAMRIID that the Soviets lost track of two tons of India One (weaponized Smallpox) after the Soviet Union collapsed. It’s believed that Iran and North Korea got ahold of some.

Who knows who else got their hands on this virus.

This is why I’m far more concerned about the future than what COVID 19 is doing in the present.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The real truth from doctors, scientists and valid data. Take it or leave it. Use it or not. Your choice.

This is from America's Frontline doctors. The one speaking the first 12 minutes is a certified physician and also a Stanford educated attorney. They are standing in front of America's Supreme court. The first 12 minutes or so gives a great deal of info about the great mask hoax and why it should not be mandated or even pushed on people.

In the first two minutes you get info about a doctor who is treating patients for Covid 19 for FREE in all 50 states by just going to his website. Out of 1900 positive cases ALL recovered using HCQ and a couple other items and only one out of the 1900 needed to be hospitalized. There was ZERO mortality rate with the patients they treated. Another doctor has a clinic in an area with one of the highest risk populations. His clinic saw over 20,000 patients and they had ZERO deaths and only ONE hospitalization.

These are the genuinely good doctors. These doctors are being told NOT to treat the patients with HCQ. They are ignoring it and saving lives. The mainstream media is spreading LIES. The FDA, CDC and WHO are controlled by big money - not by concern for your health.

Banned on Youtube:
https://www.infowars.com/posts/banned-from-youtube-americas-frontline-doctors-hold-2nd-summit-in-dc/

Or if you want to get it from the source (you need to give an email here) :
https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors.com/stream/

·
Registered
30,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #21,209
Whoa, that's a very slippery slope. Apply that logic to climate change. How about gun ownership.
Very slippery indeed. Though the gun ownership thing isn't slippery at all. My gun ownership doesn't affect anyone else.

Reactions: clancy

·
Registered
18,179 Posts

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Small sample size but on a work trip wandering around. I don’t care about masks but interesting the differences I see as I run around.

PA around Chambersburg mask compliance mediocre.
Northern PA (Sayer) next to NY border pretty strong.
Endicott NY was pretty strong. I stayed in PA since as a nasty FL person I can’t be in NY more than 24 hours.
Rural VA through Front Royal heading south not a lot of masks.
Charlottesville very heavy on masks to include outdoors. Even saw a 20 something girl on a scooter with a mask and no helmet. Helmet probably would provide her more safety.

Flight via Delta Orlando > Atl > Dulles was pretty smooth. Not sure about mask compliance on flight I was in row 1 boarded last and they blocked the seat next to me. Airport was less people than pre covid but not as dead as I thought it would be.

I will be home about 10 days then off to Denver airport heading down to Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
ND had over 1k positives yesterday and our Dept of Health announced that they can't process tests, do notifications and contract tracing fast enough to keep up. So they are eliminating close contact notifications and scaling back contact tracing to "eliminate the backlog". Meanwhile we have less than 20 ICU beds left in the state and about 250 regular beds...and the State gov hems and haws. Three of our largest cities have broken with the Gov's office and declared mask mandates on their own with possible other measures being considered...

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
ND had over 1k positives yesterday and our Dept of Health announced that they can't process tests, do notifications and contract tracing fast enough to keep up. So they are eliminating close contact notifications and scaling back contact tracing to "eliminate the backlog". Meanwhile we have less than 20 ICU beds left in the state and about 250 regular beds...and the State gov hems and haws. Three of our largest cities have broken with the Gov's office and declared mask mandates on their own with possible other measures being considered...
Wow. How many hospitals in North Dakota? Only 20 ICU beds in the entire state are available? and only 250 regular beds?

I am probably getting my news and internet reports mixed up, but up here in the northeast area when the china virus was at its worst some ICU were full temporarily, but most hospitals were actually mostly empty due to all the "elective" procedures put on hold.

·
Registered
11,613 Posts
I was listening to the radio last night about the epidemic virus. It was a person seeking the 15 seconds of fame: using mouth wash and swabbing the nostrils with baby shampoo kills the virus and implicitly kills the transmission.

This flies against logic. Sure, some mouth washes kill some kinds of germs. You can find a substance to clean the nostrils of germs, some substances work. However, does using a mouth wash stop the production of germs in the mouth or jamming something in the nostrils permanently stop a virus?

August 2020 article -NO. https://nypost.com/2020/08/14/mouthwash-might-be-able-to-kill-coronavirus-but-it-isnt-a-cure/

Separately, I am throwing a challenge. Obviously, the chances of picking up a germ, a bacteria, a virus will go up in a confined space you are breathing in if you increase the concentration of the item in that space. What I do not understand is the assertion going around that if a person contracts the virus in a low count environment, the suffering will be less than if a person contracts the virus in a concentrated count environment. It does not make sense to me. If you have a study that confirms such an assertion, please post it.

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
What I do not understand is the assertion going around that if a person contracts the virus in a low count environment, the suffering will be less than if a person contracts the virus in a concentrated count environment. It does not make sense to me. If you have a study that confirms such an assertion, please post it.
Yes, with all the "news" being thrown around, I remember hearing / reading something about "low" count virus infection having fewer effects or something.

Doesn't really make sense to me. I always assumed that when a virus gets into your body, it starts to multiply? What is the difference if you initially get "less"?

·
Registered
18,179 Posts
I was listening to the radio last night about the epidemic virus. It was a person seeking the 15 seconds of fame: using mouth wash and swabbing the nostrils with baby shampoo kills the virus and implicitly kills the transmission.

This flies against logic. Sure, some mouth washes kill some kinds of germs. You can find a substance to clean the nostrils of germs, some substances work. However, does using a mouth wash stop the production of germs in the mouth or jamming something in the nostrils permanently stop a virus?

August 2020 article -NO. https://nypost.com/2020/08/14/mouthwash-might-be-able-to-kill-coronavirus-but-it-isnt-a-cure/

Separately, I am throwing a challenge. Obviously, the chances of picking up a germ, a bacteria, a virus will go up in a confined space you are breathing in if you increase the concentration of the item in that space. What I do not understand is the assertion going around that if a person contracts the virus in a low count environment, the suffering will be less than if a person contracts the virus in a concentrated count environment. It does not make sense to me. If you have a study that confirms such an assertion, please post it.
Yes, with all the "news" being thrown around, I remember hearing / reading something about "low" count virus infection having fewer effects or something.

Doesn't really make sense to me. I always assumed that when a virus gets into your body, it starts to multiply? What is the difference if you initially get "less"?
My understanding of those reports was the lower the viral count, the body's immune system had more time to react to the virus other that having a high viral load that overwhelms the immune system. I don't know that my understanding is correct but that is what I got out of it.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts

Smaller viral load gives more time for your immune system to kick in. It takes a certain amount of time for a virus to replicate. The smaller the initial dose, the longer it’s going to take for the virus to reach overwhelming numbers. This gives the immune system more time to mount a defense.

There are exceptions. Ebola Zaire is virus capable of causing an overwhelming viremia with just one viral particle.

Mode of transmission plays a factor as well. Variola major (Smallpox) has a 33% mortality rate introduced into the respiratory tract. Introduced through a cut in the skin generally only produces mild disease symptoms with a low fatality rate.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts

It’s a numbers game. A small viral load initially infecting a patient takes time to build up numbers sufficient to cause symptoms. This gives the immune system more time to ramp up.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Wow. How many hospitals in North Dakota? Only 20 ICU beds in the entire state are available? and only 250 regular beds?

I am probably getting my news and internet reports mixed up, but up here in the northeast area when the china virus was at its worst some ICU were full temporarily, but most hospitals were actually mostly empty due to all the "elective" procedures put on hold.
There are 1,872 total "staffed" beds in ND, our hospitals have been open for electives since May. The good news is that we have a half dozen closed hospitals sitting around that could take overflow if it came down to it..we just have no one to work there since even our normal hospitals are chronically understaffed.

21201 - 21220 of 21633 Posts