This new coronavirus epidemic is starting to heat up

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by cowboy1964, Jan 22, 2020.

1. flyover

flyover

Inyo Tim likes this.
  2. Jed Cooper

Jed Cooper

3. flyover

flyover

A slightly higher number of new cases in Kansas. Another 1,366 new cases for a total of 56,592 cases. 2,816 have been in hospitals with 768 having been in ICU's and 250 have been ventilated. 2,039 have been discharged.

Male cases stand at 27,891 (49.3%) and female cases at 27,830 (49.2%) with not reported at 871 (1.5%).

632 deaths, 367 (58.1%) male and 263 (41.6%) and not reported 2 (0.3%).

502,770 have been tested with 446,178 testing negative. The monthly testing rate per 100K is 2,813. the monthly percent positive is 7.4%.

The hospital capacity remains in good shape. 632 ICU beds in all uses with 121 used for Covid, 36% of the beds are available. 155 ventilators in all uses with 34 used for Covid, 84% of ventilators are available.

There are now 49 counties with over 100 cases and that is just under half of all Kansas counties, it takes way to much time to wade through all the numbers. My county now has 24 confirmed cases and 21 has recovered.

4. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

5. flyover

flyover

n2g, Westexas, wyntrout and 1 other person like this.
  6. hannstv

hannstv

I am pretty sure that is how they are coming up with the case numbers in Texas. The information that the state releases is useless. I just kinda keep an eye on the number of hospital beds being used by Covid 19 victims.

n2g, flyover and Inyo Tim like this.
  7. wyntrout

wyntrout

While I was looking around for Quercetin information, I tried to figure out what to take with it for the best effect. 500mg for prevention seemed good and double that, or more for treatment. The Vitamin C, 500-1,000 mg daily, helps keep the Quercetin working to get the Zinc, 50 mg daily, where it's needed. The Quercetin and bromelain should be taken without food so it does the antioxidant bit, else it just acts as a digestive enzyme.
    A most helpful, one of many, bit of information:
    Quercetin and bromelain info: https://vitamedica.com/.../bromelain-and-quercetin.../
    My son is a chemist and has worked in all aspects of food ingredients, but now works to provide the ingredients and supplements as a salesman and sometime chemist at their plant to help out. He takes 1000 mg Quercetin and 200 mg bromelain daily.
    I put my wife and me on Doctor's Best 500 mg Quercetin and 250 mg Bromelain in 2 capsules taken early in the day without food. I figure that can be easily doubled if needed.
    I take a LOT of supplements and at least one has 100 mg added. I'm no doctor and may be creating bad compounds, but I have some medical problems along with age, and at 74 I'm trying to increase my health and longevity with all kinds of "beneficial" or necessary supplements. I do a lot of exercise, too, and even practice punches and kicks... above my height, too, which is something a lot of younger people can't do. I can see my feet and lower anatomy without bending over, too! [​IMG]
    I do maintain and update a comprehensive list of my medications and supplements for doctors' visits. The assistant ALWAYS asks if I take any medications! I update the list before visits and it's two pages long.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    n2g, Westexas, flyover and 1 other person like this.
  8. flyover

flyover

wyntrout and Inyo Tim like this.
  9. Tvov

Tvov

This is probably a known website to most here, but this seems to be a very easy graph to see the cases over time. You can change the state at the top of the graph. Hopefully the link works for everyone. Assuming Kansas will follow what has happened elsewhere, I would expect the cases to begin dropping... it will be interesting to see what happens. If you put in "Florida", you can see that the cases have already dropped substantially:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=time+graph+of+covid+connecticut

n2g and Inyo Tim like this.
  10. flyover

flyover

Right now Kansas appears to yo-yo around. There has been a very slow reduction in cases but the next thing you know the case numbers are right back where they were.

n2g and Inyo Tim like this.
  11. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

If you want to stay sane stop looking at case numbers.

Hospitilizations and deaths are the only numbers that matter. With the level of testing inaccuracies and the almost certain double, triple or quadruple counting of cases, that number has become a joke.

12. bdcochran

bdcochran

Random observations:
    1. People are not supposed to playing group games like soccer. They are.
    2. People are not supposed to be marching in protests. They are.
    3. The only consistency is people wearing masks going into stores.
    4. The local body count is lower than the death by gang shooting every day.
    5. The homeless encampments are dramatically up.
    6. A great number of small businesses are now dead.
    7. Significantly fewer people walking with their kids around the neighborhood.

MB-G26, hannstv and Inyo Tim like this.
  13. flyover

flyover

I think what screws up the numbers for Kansas is that it can take up 10 days to get test results.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  14. porschedog

porschedog

It seems like a lot of the folks who worried the most about covid are still here.

15. Sherlock913

Sherlock913 If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?

I've taken a 1000mg a day for years to help with allergies.

The numbers are bogus and Kelly is just using them to seize more control.

Thanks for posting this info, I take my vitamins with food everyday which includes 1000mg of Doctor's Best Quercetin, have for years. Looks like I need to mix things up. I had no idea about the conversion to digestive enzymes.

I don;t trust the numbers. This thing is overblown. The info coming from Italy in Feb/Mar confirmed that.

Ignore them, they are bogus. They cleared entire floors of hospitals to act as covid units and they still remain empty. All the hospitals in the KCMO/KCK-Wyandoote/Johnson/Jackson/Platte county areas had to furlough people as they had no business.

Amen. There is a virus, but it is sooooo overblown it's insane. Come Nov 4th, it will be a non story. Hell Comey-Barrett will knock it out of the news just like the junkie felon did over the summer.

billy_56081 likes this.
  16. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

Hospitals and clinics in central Kansas did the same, cut staff, reduced hours for those not cut.

17. MB-G26

MB-G26 Ornery & Irreverent Lifetime Member

8. Metric tons of people in need of medical care, critical AND/OR necessary/continual healthcare involvement, etc., HAVE GONE WITHOUT due to "COVID19" access restrictions.

9. "Video/telemedicine" does not cut it!

10. Aparently uncounted/unreported numbers of Americans have chosen suicide as a result of not being able to take the cummulative negative, life-impacting effects anymore.

DAMNIT!

nursetim and Inyo Tim like this.
  18. Jon_R

Jon_R

FL it takes 6-12 weeks to officially die from it. Time from when you die until you are counted as a covid death. That messes the numbers to if you are using deaths as a factor in assessing the current situation. All I care about is in the hospital for covid count for my county. I also take a look at percent positive daily and total tests. Knowing daily tests are test taken sometime on the last 5-10 days. The in the hospital count is near real time. Updated multiple times a day.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    flyover and Inyo Tim like this.
  19. bdcochran

bdcochran

My experience. Doctor missed one. Scheduled weeks apart because they had furloughed a lot of doctors.. Had the a video one and it failed. Kaiser was promising return calls on its main line in 2 hours. One of the calls was never returned. The computer system has to be excellent. I was on the phone to one Kaiser doctor in San Diego at 2 am getting medicines prescribed. My primary doctor was working from home. Her covering doctor was also outstanding.

Unless you were in a car accident, your medical treatment was always going to be "elective".

I know medical office building construction requirements in CA. The Kaiser facilities were not designed to handle large scale virus admissions. Kaiser is losing money and it has to be in the billions.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  20. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Positive testing rates are 25% in some midwest states and hospitalizations are up. Anything over 5% is considered bad. And we're not even really into flu season yet. I'd say the second wave is starting.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN26I10Y