GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
In all fairness the local womens prison is pretty bad, too. How bad? There is one wing nicknamed 'The Chapel' for the many COs marrying inmates.

Reactions: CAcop

·
Registered
198 Posts
Working in a prison is a strange beast. Anyone aspiring to work corrections, do your best to not read up on an inmates criminal history. Some of the inmates crimes makes me think they should be shot. I just assume they are all equally ****ty and go about my day.

And none of them are your friends. If they are dropping snitch notes to you about another inmate, good chance he us doing the same thing and trying to remove his competition. They do anything and everything to learn about you and try and get close to flip you. An inmate is constantly watching you 24/7

·
NRA4EVR
11,504 Posts
My former agency has arrested two female COs this year for sex with inmates. It’s sporadically happened over the years, but they were always just fired and it was kept quiet. Long overdue to hook them, prosecute and hold them to the law. They should have never given a break to anyone in the past.

·
Registered
31,019 Posts
My former agency has arrested two female COs this year for sex with inmates. It’s sporadically happened over the years, but they were always just fired and it was kept quiet. Long overdue to hook them, prosecute and hold them to the law. They should have never given a break to anyone in the past.
Those two cases had me puzzled because I couldn't think of when they charged them before. I was pretty sure it had happened before but never heard of it.

It needs to be public and charged and under the new tier system at least 10 years as a registered sex offender. That alone will make people think twice. They may still do it but it might buy you a few who figure the juice isn't worth the squeeze

·
Unfair Facist
24,235 Posts
Those two cases had me puzzled because I couldn't think of when they charged them before. I was pretty sure it had happened before but never heard of it.

It needs to be public and charged and under the new tier system at least 10 years as a registered sex offender. That alone will make people think twice. They may still do it but it might buy you a few who figure the juice isn't worth the squeeze
But....but.....it’s TRUE LOOOVVVEE!,,

Reactions: CAcop

·
Registered
114 Posts
I worked Corrections for just over 12 years for the state. I've worked close custody to minimum custody all of it in a male facility. Death row to community custody. I've worked with both male and female officers and found that both are equally capable of being compromised. It is a matter of integrity and character not genetics. (While It is true that female officers are not charged as severly as male officers. If a female officer is charged with sexual contact with an inmate the charge is reduced and she is not required to registerer as a sex offender. If a male officer commits the same offense he will do time and be required to register as a sex offender for life.) What I did observe most often. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The powers that be were generally more dangerous, more crooked than any convict behind the fence. The higher the rank, the more more corrupt they became. The local news reports on this made this an embarrassing job to have. The head of the Department of Corrections in my state has enough DUIs on his record that he would be disqualified for visitation. No over time, poor pay, constant harassment by your superiors and the population and no respect from the community. It's no wonder that officers get compromised. Many of us were former military and would never cross that line. You would be surprised at the number of those that would and thought nothing of it. So, just shy of 13 years I left my badge on the Captain's desk and walked out the gate for the last time. It was the best decision I ever made.

·
Unfair Facist
24,235 Posts
It should come as no surprise that those that engage in such behavior are by character more akin to the criminals they become compromised by than law abiding citizens.

My observation was that while the majority of CO’s and cops were fine, those that were not were simply criminals that had as yet, not been caught and convicted of crimes.

·
Registered
31,019 Posts
It should come as no surprise that those that engage in such behavior are by character more akin to the criminals they become compromised by than law abiding citizens.

My observation was that while the majority of CO’s and cops were fine, those that were not were simply criminals that had as yet, not been caught and convicted of crimes.
That happened in Rampart. From what I understood they had gang ties going in and when sent to prison they clicked up with the Bloods.

Reactions: Dragoon44

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
As I understand it, that's a standard technique, passed down from inmate to inmate. It's even part of training for officers that inmates will use that technique. They ask for something so minor that it doesn't seem like any big deal, like the fish food, which isn't technically "contraband" and probably doesn't violate a criminal law. Once the officer gets him the fish food, the next request is a little more of a violation, "hey, can you get me a cigarette" and the implied threat that if the officer doesn't go along, the inmate will tell about the fish food and the officer will get fired. Pretty soon the officer is bringing in drugs.
Ever watch the WW 2 movie, “The Great Escape”? This was one of the techniques the allied POW used on the Germans.

·
Registered
14,457 Posts
I was actually involved in a state prison shakedown a couple of years ago. They brought in officers from all over the state because half the prison staff was crooked and couldn’t be trusted.

Step #1 was securing all the corrections officers they had warrants for.

Step #2 was searching the prison and securing all the dope the CO’s had been providing the prisoners.

·
Wood butcher
2,375 Posts
Ther's a reason PRISONERS are in PRISON........and it ain't by playing nice on the outside.
Yes - they have all the time in the world for their schemes. It's their nature.

Reactions: MrPizza

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Many years ago when I was doing refrigeration work I would have to work in a prison , male and female prisons . When I would get to the salad port they would write down everything that I brought in there and check when I left in the male prisons . They would also have a maintenance person and 2 or 3 inmates meet me there and carry everything that I was bringing in and assist me with anything heavy . One time leaving they found that I was missing a 4” peace of emory cloth . They gave me heck for that . I told them for now on don’t let the inmates carry my tools or be around me when I am working , I can’t watch them the whole time . In the female prisons they could care less what you brought in there and they had a unsupervised female trustee working with me . I asked her where the bathroom was and she told me where it was and she said lock the hell out of the door . She told me that she was getting out in 2 more months and wanted me to visit her at the prison . I didn’t do it . She was caught running drugs from Florida to Virginia . She also got her plumbers card while she in there .

·
Unfair Facist
24,235 Posts
Many years ago when I was doing refrigeration work I would have to work in a prison , male and female prisons . When I would get to the salad port they would write down everything that I brought in there and check when I left in the male prisons . They would also have a maintenance person and 2 or 3 inmates meet me there and carry everything that I was bringing in and assist me with anything heavy . One time leaving they found that I was missing a 4” peace of emory cloth . They gave me heck for that . I told them for now on don’t let the inmates carry my tools or be around me when I am working , I can’t watch them the whole time . In the female prisons they could care less what you brought in there and they had a unsupervised female trustee working with me . I asked her where the bathroom was and she told me where it was and she said lock the hell out of the door . She told me that she was getting out in 2 more months and wanted me to visit her at the prison . I didn’t do it . She was caught running drugs from Florida to Virginia . She also got her plumbers card while she in there .
Maybe she wanted you to plumb something for her.

Reactions: MrPizza and redrick

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
She had me thinking . She was a blonde with a big chest and not fat . I didn’t want to end up on the men’s side , so I didn’t have to think long . I don’t think I would like Friday nights there .

21 - 35 of 35 Posts