1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
My good friend worked at Folsom as a C/O, inmate asked if he would bring in a small can of fish food from pet shop, ligitmament request.

But a No No. Friend said no, you ask me to break rules. No can do. Second time he was asked he threatened inmate write up if asked time three.

Had he "just brought in food for pet minnow", who knows what next request would be? Or the fish food brought in would be leverage, to get C/O fire if he did not become smuggler..

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,482 Posts
If she was bringing in drugs she was also having sex with him. Those two things go together in prison smuggling schemes

·
Unfair Facist
24,473 Posts
I worked in the state prison system for three years before going to work for the police dept.

When I worked there women were not allowed to work the compound or in any position putting them in contact with inmates unsupervised.

Later they started letting women work the compound, and the scandals began, one after another, on and on.

·
Semper Paratus
27,982 Posts
Nothing gets ladies all hot and bothered more than a guy that's a project ,women COs around men is a horrible officer safety issue .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I have worked in a prison and a jail. In training they talk about males not being allowed to search females or even enter female housing units. Because guys are apparently predators.

But when you start looking at escapes aided by staff, contraband smuggling, or sex with inmates and staff, it’s usually female staff members involved.

I will state the obvious, generally a high percentage of correctional staff is male. So it makes the staff-inmate misconduct percentages even worse for female staff.

pretty sure the people running correctional institutions should be reconsidering the theory that male staff are the problem.

·
NRA Life Member
64,256 Posts
It's hard to believe how hard it is for new officers (and sometimes old ones) to get it. The inmate gets the officer to do them favors and when the officer is no longer useful to them, they get the officer fired or use them as the basis for a lawsuit. I have a case right now where the inmate was violating rules by building a relationship with a female officer - when word got out she was immediately fired (within minutes) - once she was no longer useful, the inmate avoided charges by claiming he was sexually abused and then sued the prison system and every supervisor, training instructor, etc., ever connected with her for the terrible trauma he suffered. One of the guys in my Army Reserve unit spent a year in prison for smuggling tobacco and tattoo ink to an inmate - they held off sentencing long enough for him to retire from the Army.

·
NRA Life Member
64,256 Posts
My good friend worked at Folsom as a C/O, inmate asked if he would bring in a small can of fish food from pet shop, ligitmament request.

But a No No. Friend said no, you ask me to break rules. No can do. Second time he was asked he threatened inmate write up if asked time three.

Had he "just brought in food for pet minnow", who knows what next request would be? Or the fish food brought in would be leverage, to get C/O fire if he did not become smuggler..
As I understand it, that's a standard technique, passed down from inmate to inmate. It's even part of training for officers that inmates will use that technique. They ask for something so minor that it doesn't seem like any big deal, like the fish food, which isn't technically "contraband" and probably doesn't violate a criminal law. Once the officer gets him the fish food, the next request is a little more of a violation, "hey, can you get me a cigarette" and the implied threat that if the officer doesn't go along, the inmate will tell about the fish food and the officer will get fired. Pretty soon the officer is bringing in drugs.

·
Registered
31,047 Posts
I have worked in a prison and a jail. In training they talk about males not being allowed to search females or even enter female housing units. Because guys are apparently predators.

But when you start looking at escapes aided by staff, contraband smuggling, or sex with inmates and staff, it’s usually female staff members involved.

I will state the obvious, generally a high percentage of correctional staff is male. So it makes the staff-inmate misconduct percentages even worse for female staff.

pretty sure the people running correctional institutions should be reconsidering the theory that male staff are the problem.
The staff know it. I bet I could invite a CDCR IA investigator over for BBQ and beer and before he has had 3 beers and only had chips and salsa I could get him to admit the truth. The problem is the politicians in this state will never let them admit it. I bet CDCR knows pretty well what the stats are: x% will do it over the course of their career, it happens until age y when the inmates think they are too old, etc.

·
Unfair Facist
24,473 Posts
I can recall a few instances where female correctional officer were found to be shacking up with newly released inmates who had been in the facility they worked in.

·
Semper Paratus
27,982 Posts
I can recall a few instances where female correctional officer were found to be shacking up with newly released inmates who had been in the facility they worked in.
We have seen our share of Deputies over the years decide it was just fine to start banging an ex inmate from county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,699 Posts
If she was bringing in drugs she was also having sex with him. Those two things go together in prison smuggling schemes
Hybristophilia is a thing that only affects women.

·
Premium Member
25,342 Posts
Juvenile facility. There were two facilities. Male/ female. I hated the female one. These under 18 gals were extremely forward. More then one staff got stupid.
IMO most had more mattress time in then average 40 yr old loose woman. Once they had sex. They were done. Only safe action. “If I even suspect you are having sex with inmate I will be reporting you ASAP”. You want my help? Stay the heck away. But night guy was having sex with a couple gals. Bringing in whatever they wanted. He only got 12 yrs. Plus lifetime sexual predator label... Hope it was worth it.
The boys camp wasn’t bad. But in today’s world I’m sure the false accusations would be common.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,482 Posts
Reactions: 10or45 and pgg00

·
Unfair Facist
24,473 Posts
We have seen our share of Deputies over the years decide it was just fine to start banging an ex inmate from county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Periodically the sheriffs dept. and the police dept. would jointly pay for an outside narcotics guy to come in and run drug stings.

Every single time corrections officers both from the state prison and the county jail were caught up in the stings. Every time.

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
8,664 Posts
The last bar I worked at was a CO hangout. There are 2 prisons 5 minutes away, and a 3rd about 20 minutes away. I got to know quite a few, and heard lots of stories about dirty CO's. A couple years ago a CO was caught bring drugs into an upstate prison. After being interrogated he admitted to bring in cell phones, chargers, lots more drugs and over 100 scalpels. SERT teams from all over the state were sent in to literally turn the whole prison upside down, looking for the contraband. Only 73 scalpels were found.

Female CO's that were professional and did not have sex with inmates despised those that did, as did the male CO's. I know of 4 female CO's that lost their jobs for having sex with inmates, none of whom did any time for it. The whole teaching program in one close by prison, all females, quit after the director of the program was caught in a compromising position with an inmate. It seems all 12 were doing inmates, too, and wanted to get out before they were investigated. From what I understand all 12 went on to teach in local schools. It seems that street gangs like the Bloods and Crips have women who become CO's for the sole purpose of servicing gang members where they work. I have been told there were 2 arrested recently, for just that reason. Surprisingly, they both sported gang tattoos on their arms for everyone to see.

Another CO I know well started his career a few years ago at a downstate prison. He told me that a good 70% of the guards are dirty, and the sneaking in of contraband by them is totally out of control. He transferred out as quickly as he could.

The worst part about being a CO in NYS? Our governor. His administration has decreed that each inmate gets a kindle. It takes about 10 minutes for them to be hacked so inmates can communicate with people outside the prison. 50 pounds of goods can be sent to inmates each month, and there is just no way all of it can be screened by staff for contraband. Inmates are no longer allowed to be drug tested, and may no longer be put in the hole for disciplinary measures. Assaults on staff have become out of control, and even prison's that have a reputation for being relatively safe no longer are.

Sadly, being a CO in NYS is about the best paying job available for guys with just a high school education and no technical skills. Many guys make $100,000+ a year after they get out of the academy, with overtime. Many also work what is known as 2's and 4's, where they work 2 double shifts in a row, then have 4 days off. Those are great incentives, but even with all that, they are working in a cesspool with human excrement up to their noses their whole shift. I couldn't do it and have a great deal of respect for those that do, and do the job right.

Reactions: packsaddle

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
I worked in the state prison system for three years before going to work for the police dept.

When I worked there women were not allowed to work the compound or in any position putting them in contact with inmates unsupervised.

Later they started letting women work the compound, and the scandals began, one after another, on and on.
Nooooooo!?!,!,!,!????!

·
Unfair Facist
24,473 Posts
Nooooooo!?!,!,!,!????!
Before I left the state prison system we had plenty of scandals involving gay male CO’s. And we even got a Gay LT. he called in sick one monday, his explanation was he couldn’t come to work because he had engaged in to much anal sex that weekend and was bleeding.

The front gate officer who took the call posted it on the main gate window for everyone to read as they walked thru arriving or leaving for work.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Before I left the state prison system we had plenty of scandals involving gay male CO’s. And we even got a Gay LT. he called in sick one monday, his explanation was he couldn’t come to work because he had engaged in to much anal sex that weekend and was bleeding.

The front gate officer who took the call posted it on the main gate window for everyone to read as they walked thru arriving or leaving for work.
Gross.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts