close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This Just In From Glock: 0-4-2 RSA for Gen4 G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JBarbaresi, Jul 13, 2011.

1. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

It's a liability issue. I don't know if all of the retailers have a little disclaimer somewhere on their website, but I know that Glockmeister has on their packaging:

"The determination of the fitness of the suitability of any product for specific use is the responsibility of the buyer. All firearms are potentially dangerous and can cause great harm, personal injury and death. It is your responsibility and legal obligation to handle, load and unload, use, transport, maintain, and store your firearm in a safe manner so as to prevent its accidental discharge. Likewise, parts for firearms are potentially dangerous and if installed improperly can cause your firearm to malfunction or accidentally discharge. These parts should only be installed by a Glock Certified Armorer. No liability is expressed or implied for damage or injury as a result of installation or use of this product. Warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of the original only (exception - stock parts)."

Glock won't sell the parts directly to consumers because it'd be a liability nightmare. Even if they put a disclaimer some lawyers would try to argue that as the manufacturer selling these parts to consumers, even with the disclaimer, the manufacturer would be implying liability if the consumers detail strip their guns and improperly reassemble them. Besides that, there's still the possibility of a defective part that could cause dangerous malfunctions even if the pistol is assembled properly.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. Hunng

Hunng

voyager4520's post are always awesomer than everybody elses!

3. filthy infidel

filthy infidel 100% Infidel

From the looks of this, you have a functioning brain. I agree with your post, and when Glock makes Gen 4s worth buying I'll own one or two.

4. dkf

dkf

Glock should have just changed the grip and mag release on the G4 and left everything else G3. I agree all these spring revisions should not e necessary.

5. coverdog

coverdog Platinum Member

BS, it's doesn't have to be dripping wet but it's metal to metal like any other gun and needs lube like any other. Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

6. Hunng

Hunng

For years and years the Glock manual only specified a drop of oil in just a few places, thats probably where people got that from...now its a little bit different, more suggested lube points.