Glock Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I started teaching a lady to shoot. She's a retired movie stunt woman. Like she said, for years she shot a lot of guns but with only blanks.

Last Saturday she bought a Mare's Leg and shot it at my place Sunday.

Today I took her to lunch. Among other things I asked her was, if she knew/worked with Steve McQueen. She said Yes she knew him well and when she saw the Mare's Leg at my place a couple weeks ago she just had to get one.

Pretty cool.:)

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
GOOD FOR YOU!. And good for her.

8,219 Posts
Cool story bro, tell it again!!

Haha I'm messing with you!! There was a thread that was talking about "cool story bro."
Now who would make a thread like that? :whistling: :supergrin:

·
Registered
17,468 Posts
Nothing more dangerous than a woman with a attitude and a "assault rifle".
Oh yes there is.

A woman with pms and an assault rifle is much more dangerous.

You van still reason with an attitude.

·
****** Viejo
32,104 Posts
M2,I sure do like your posts re: new shooters.You are a champion of the shooting sports.Also I recognize a few of the photos in this thread from previous posts.Good job Sir.tom.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
30,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cool pics. what movies did she stunt in?
We haven't had much time to talk about it but she has told me of several.
I forget the names (I'm bad remembering names). I'm going to start writing them down so I can look for her in the movie.

Sunday she said she doesn't like acting but sometimes had to. In one movie she was a bank teller. The BG grabbed her and pushed her face up against a glass. She was supposed to keep screaming. Finally the director told her to knock it off, they couldn't hear the actors.:supergrin:

She did everything, like hanging from a helicopter, etc, but I understand (from another lady) she was very good with horses and motorcycles.

She was also telling about the fatalities and injuries.
Remember the actors that were killed with blanks.
Then there's the helicopter crash that killed Vic Morrow.
One stunt man's wife was a extra during a boat jumping over a crowd scene. The stunt man put her at a safe place but the boat hit the jump wrong and side slipped killing the stunt man's wife.

The lady was injured a lot. She said some directors were good to work for but some would want stuff that was just too dangerous and would get people hurt.

Interesting lady.
Sunday we are going to the gun show to buy her a pistol.

Next time they shoot the ladies want to learn to shoot the 45 Kimbers.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.