Glock Talk banner

This is jacked up..... [PISSED]

297 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  SPDSNYPR
On Tuesday, one of my good troop was advised she had been promoted to Sergeant. She had gotten her assignment and was getting ready for her swearing in.

Today, I got a call from Personnel... Someone screwed up and it was all a mistake. Her promotion was rescinded and someone else was promoted.

That's jacked up....... :steamed:
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Mr. Awesome
12,693 Posts
Yes, that's messed up.

· IWannaBeSedated
11,306 Posts
Watch her sue (and win) for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

· Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RussP;12338095 said:
How the hell does somethinng like that happen. It had to have been signed off on by, what, more than a couple of people, right?

Not funny at all.
How it happens is that we hire hundreds of sergeants off of a qualified candidate list. When the current list is about to expire, the City (due to Affirmative action litigation) is entitled to exercise affirmative action and pass over some people to reach a protected class. I am not saying I agree with it, but that's what happens when for 150 years, you blatantly ignore more qualified candidates and hire only white males over 6 feet tall. Anyways, in this current case, someone grumbled about how Affirmative action was applied and certain promotions were rescinded. :steamed:

· Registered
388 Posts
I hope she sues for reverse discrimination if I've read and understand correctly what you've said. That just wasn't right but in the current climate I doubt anything will go the way we think it should. Keep us informed if any action is taken and how things progress.

· Daddy X2
4,121 Posts
That's a crock.

· Zippy's Friend.
6,467 Posts
That sucks . . . . .

But more importantly, is she hot, and do you have pics?? :whistling:

· Crazy CO
17,668 Posts
I hope she sues, and wins.

· Zippy's Friend.
6,467 Posts