Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So yea... the other day while showing off my Glock 27 to some buddies and 0wning them at the range, we laughed that my accuracy was owed to a loose front sight that was compensating for my garbage abilities :rofl:

Long story short, my Glock front sight had come loose:crying: It was the "press in" type they had and I was bummed so I picked up a replacement hi-viz locally just to use for now and maybe grow fond of.

Well, today I took it upon myself to call Glock and tell them how I use it, what rounds etc ask if they had any known problems in a cool, calm manner and before I knew it they were taking my information down to send me the new sight I require as they have changed from that stamp in design to the screw. So, In addition to my currently off the firearm sight, I'll also be including a very warm thank you for Glock to read, throw out, frame or use as toilet paper.. Regardless, it's the least I can do to thank them formally.

Somewhere between the competitive pricing, the Bet my life on it reliability and the no B.S. Customer service is why I carry my Glocks... Im still not sure but who cares:wavey: Keep up the good work Glock.

·
NRA Life Member
5,878 Posts
I too have experienced EXCELLENT customer service from Glock! All of the other reasons you listed are very valid as well.

·
NRA Life Member
1,758 Posts
Glad to hear they are phasing out the "pin-on" front sights. Those have always been the weakest link in the Glock design.

I actually had the front sight fall out of my school-issued Glock when I was doing my final qual for the academy. I used to shoot hundreds of rounds a week back then though (the glory days when ammo was cheap and available), so I was able to SWAG the rounds onto the target and qual'd with a decent score regardless.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for sharing. They get a bum-rap most the times (and other times have had it coming). Overall, the company leads the industry in both product and service.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Glock and Wilson seem to be very similar in this regard.

Both are very friendly and very dedicated to their customers.

Will continue to purchase products from both due to the reasons: reliability, customer service, and performance!

·
Banned
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
exactly.. it's one thing to have a great reputation for quality and then have your nose in the air.. on the phone they were as courteous as can be... Made me feel like I was at a bar with my feet up having a conversation instead of making me feel like a kid tugging on someones shorts for attention...

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
That is good stuff, glad to hear it.

·
Private side
11,595 Posts
Decided to carry my G36 on my vacation to CA. Somewhere around day 5, I take the gun out of the case and go to holster up. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... something is amiss. The front sight, the original plastic pinned version has decided it needs a vacation of its own. Fortunately I was able to find it on the carpet and use a pair of tweezers to pull the pin and reattach it.

Looks like a set of steel sights might be in order....something with Loctite applied.:whistling:

·
Cool Cat
12,111 Posts
Decided to carry my G36 on my vacation to CA. Somewhere around day 5, I take the gun out of the case and go to holster up. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... something is amiss. The front sight, the original plastic pinned version has decided it needs a vacation of its own. Fortunately I was able to find it on the carpet and use a pair of tweezers to pull the pin and reattach it.

Looks like a set of steel sights might be in order....something with Loctite applied.:whistling:
The steel sights take an installation tool, they are tight enough as to not need any loctite to stay in place.

;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
customer service is great. i called after my first 100 rds about my recoil spring assembly. The part that sat on the lip on the barrel had some pretty big scrapes in it. I asked if it was normal the guy said not really. Asked me my info. 3 days later new recoil spring assembly at the door.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Called Glock and new front sight (screw in) is on the way. Customer service wanted to charge $8 incl shh, but I asked to be connected to warranty service for my rear sight. The metal in mine slightly rusted to the slide and the plastic sight was deformed when I tried to adjust it. Warranty guy said no problem on the rear sight, so I asked about the front sight as well. "No problem" again - so a free set of sights for a 20 yr old pistol is on the way. :).

Guy I work with just bought a Taurus PT140 Mil Pro and the magazine release doesn't fit right so that he can get off at most 3 shots before the mag falls out. He called cust serv and the guy was completely indifferent and it was like pulling teeth to get any help. Conversation went something like this:
"mag falls out when shooting"
"uh huh"
"can I send it in to be fixed?"
"uh huh"
"to the addr on the website?"
"yeah"
He's not a happy Taurus customer.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
You know, there are so many reasons to love Glocks. The company seems one of the few that are genuinely in touch with their target customers. The GSSF is extensively organized; the customer service is great; lots of cool merch to choose from; spare parts no problem. Love it.

Glock 4 life.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You know, there are so many reasons to love Glocks. The company seems one of the few that are genuinely in touch with their target customers. The GSSF is extensively organized; the customer service is great; lots of cool merch to choose from; spare parts no problem. Love it.

Glock 4 life.
It's unfortunate that we all sit here and praise Glock for their excellent and stellar customer service-- and yet, they are what customer service *should* be. If something is wrong, they fix it. What do they get from it? An extremely happy and dedicated customer who turns around and has nothing but praise for the company and recommends it to friends and family. Cost to Glock to replace a part, or even your entire gun? Pretty much nothing to them. But they gain so much.

I haven't had any of my own experiences with Glock. But I bought my Glock 23 a few months ago, and so far I love it. I carry it everywhere (CCL, OWB in a Blackhawk CQC on right hip). When people ask me I love to them about it. Although nothing has gone wrong with it yet, I love knowing that I've got a company with a great reputation of not only being there for their customers, but they do everything they reasonable can to make any problems right.

Go Glock! Leading the way for great firearms, AND great customer service. Arguably the best company in the world. :)

(Former customer service person turned software engineer/Oracle DBA)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I called customer service once. They were completely unable to give me what I was expecting. :steamed:

By this I mean they were cheerful and friendly.

My junk wasn't broken I just had a few questions. Hopefully my junk WON'T break.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've been up to Glock in Smyrna twice, once with my own Glock and once with a buddy. Both times the customer service was perfect. While you are waiting for my gun to be worked on, every employee who walked by was very friendly and asked if I needed help. I felt like calling the president of my company and asking him to come with me the next time I go up to Glock, so he can see what customer service is all about.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts