close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This is a good week!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Kona, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Kona

Kona

So I signed up for a Utah CCW class in Missouri that I will attend on tuesday. I was so excited that I placed an order on a MTAC holster last night at 1am and a beltman belt at 1:30am. I already have a smartcarry and a galco horsehide holster but Im very impatient when Im excited so I just had to have another holster too.....

After speaking from the gentleman who conducts the class, he seems to know his stuff. Its an 8hr class from 8am-4pm. We will shoot between 50-100 rounds from all types of positions while running through different scenarios. He also said they have a FATS III simulator. I have never heard of one of these but it sounds pretty cool. So we will spend some time on that as well. Another thing that I found interesting was that we have to shoot both a semi-auto and a revolver. I will be bringing my G27 as my primary carry so I guess I will need to rent the revolver....Oh well.....and lastly, since I will be taking the class on a tuesday morning; the class should be very small! Im nervous to take the class since I have never taken a weapon class EVER and plus its not just standing shooting at the paper target. They say to bring a notebook and pen to take notes as well as fill out the paperwork. He told me to write down all my questions before hand and bring them in (IDK what to ask!!??).....But overall, I am excited and nervous! Any advice before I go?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  2. B.Reid

B.Reid

Just have fun and think about shooting some matches. IDPA is good training because you are forced to shoot from unusual positions. Standing and shooting at paper is boring!!

3. Jestur

Jestur

Way to go Kona. I just ordered the Mtac and beltman also for my GEN4 G22 and am waiting on my CCP next month.