close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This happened at a Walmart near me...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Osborne, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Osborne

Osborne

Was watching some movie trailers, when I seen this on the side under the "more from YouTube" tab.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L_DLJK4o2YM"]Walmart Employees Throwing iPads - YouTube[/ame]

6 days and 4 million views....

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Where's that thread about people being too stupid to employ?

3. ted1

ted1

Wow what a bunch of idiots I hope someone saw that and they got the ax.

Sent from my AT300

4. jfost11

jfost11

And with over a million employed by the company, someone is bound to recognize them.

The video also displays why the company's logistics division treats potential store transfers like someone off the street.

5. Adjuster

Adjuster

Not buyin it. Spoof, scam or other. No way is that a WalMart receiving, warehousing area.

/

6. Osborne

Osborne

It really makes me mad too, this area has been devastated by unemployment/poverty, there's not much work around here. And its gotten MUCH worse since Obama/EPA have killed off the coal mines... and you have jerk offs like these taking the jobs....

I've been trying to find a part time job for a while now to supplement my gun hobby I took up at the beginning of this year, and have been pretty unsuccessful yet people like this always can find jobs pretty easy?

7. arclight610

arclight610

That's because Wal-Mart only employs the best and the brightest

8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

You know, if Obama would make WalMart provide part-time help with health insurance, this wouldn't happen. :rofl:

9. TK-421

TK-421

And this video is the exact reason why the McDonald's where I used to work wouldn't hire you unless you had a college degree. They realize that people with college degrees who are willing to work at McDonald's are generally people with families who are desperate for money, and they will work their ass off to make sure they have a job, and that they keep it too. The only reason Walmart hasn't done the same, is the fact that there aren't enough college educated people willing to work at a Walmart.

10. jfost11

jfost11

Apparently, it happened in August and the highly intelligent lads have already been let go.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCs7gmV9LRQ"]Walmart Workers Trash iPads - YouTube[/ame]

That actually looks very much like the back of a store. It's mainly just a receiving area since there is very little space for a "warehousing area" in the back of most stores. If you've ever seen storage containers sitting outside somewhere in the parking lot, that's where the layaway was/is stored. There's no room inside for it. Having spent two years walking through one, I believe it.

11. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

MORONS:faint:

That's got to make Apple and Walmart execs happy.

12. RenoF250

RenoF250

Or they are resentful that they have a degree and they are still working at McDonalds. This kind of stupid comes in all flavors and education levels.

13. TK-421

TK-421

The resentful comes later on, when they've been there for a long time, but I'm sure the turn over rate is lower with college educated people than it is with high school kids, at least when there are no other jobs available. That happened back when it was nasty, and jobs were extremely scarce. Back when some places would have 5-10 openings, and get 2,000-3,000 applications. Now that it's gotten a bit better I'm sure it's much different.

14. Adjuster

Adjuster

What does a McDonalds manager make per year these days? I think I remember hearing several years ago that it was a pretty good gig.

/

15. TK-421

TK-421

16. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

When will people learn to quit putting their dumb ass exploits on the internet?

17. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

There are members here who lost their jobs who are now working there.

18. clancy

clancy

There is absolutely nothing that a Walmart employee could do that would surprise me. My local Walmart had one employee who stole over $500,000 in an 18 month period before she was caught. Last year another was caught with over $100,000 worth of tv's, computers and other electronic gear in his garage. When I went to pick up the Black Ops 2 yesterday morning I overheard 2 employees talk about how another employee stole 200 Black Ops 2 games, and didn't get caught. They thought it funny.

19. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Friend of mine here in Vegas is the store manager for a SuperStore.

He's been with Walmart for 20 years, his base salary is $80K, he works 60+hrs a week.

His bonus is tied to store performance, largely based on percentage of growth from year to year, overall sales and total per-store profit and a few other things.

His 2010 bonus was $125K, before taxes.

20. Cmacc

Cmacc

Buddy of mine was a Walmart Superstore general manager and he made similar. Transferred to a Walmart Pharmacy regional manager position, did NOT take a pay cut.