This guy REALLY didn't wanna talk to the police

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by itisbruno, Mar 9, 2010.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

You have to sit thru an ad, but it is a good watch - i'd be pissed of he drove thru my fence - how did he know no onw was standing on the other side?

The driver was almost impaled.

VIDEO LINK - long watch, I put the highlight link at the end of the post.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. --
    Two people were taken into custody following a rush-hour police chase that lasted more than 30 minutes Monday evening.

The chase started in the Northland when officers spotted a 39-year-old man wanted for felony warrants in both Kansas and Missouri. Police tried to stop the man, but he and a female passenger fled in a red Jeep, officers said. The Jeep had been reported stolen.

A pursuit began, with speeds reaching more than 90 mph.

The driver cut through neighborhoods, driving across lawns, parking lots and smashing through fences while trying to elude police. Officers backed off and tracked the man using helicopters.

At one point, the driver was going the wrong way on Interstate 635, with oncoming cars veering to get out of the way.

Pictures from NewsChopper 9 showed a piece of large wooden stake piercing the front window of the Jeep -- it was part of a fence the driver had plowed through.

When the driver crossed into Kansas City, Kan., police were able to corner the driver near 30th Street and Brown Avenue, where two people abandoned the Jeep and fled on foot, police said.

A woman was quickly taken into custody.

A man ran into an abandoned building and ran up to the roof, where he was cornered. He crawled down a ladder and was taken into custody.

Charges are pending.

ETA - here is the HIGHLIGHT REEL - the first video link is kinda long.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

Pictures from NewsChopper 9 showed a piece of large wooden stake piercing the front window of the Jeep -- it was part of a fence the driver had plowed through.
    :wow: