close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This election will make or break the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Fox, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Acujeff

Acujeff

Johnson had it easy being pro-2A in a pro-2A state. Regardless, Johnson can't win, he can only split the vote with Romney.

Romney was in an anti-2A state, had to pander to the anti-2A democrat majority and was still able to reduce or remove gun control and sign pro-2A bills. I've posted Romney's record and qualifications in this thread, but we already know that facts and documentation doesn't register with FFalman.

The "just vote third party” idea translates into "just let the democrats have control of the government" .

If Libertarians were really concerned about the RKBA they would be supporting and helping Romney defeat Obama.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Ah, small minded people and the neat little boxes they try to put everyone in. Always refreshing.

3. TheJ

TheJ NRA Life Member Lifetime Member

This.

I beleive Romney would appoint 2A friendly justices.
    I KNOW Obama HAS & WILL continue to appoint strongly anti-second amendment freedom Judges. Judges that have lied under oath in their hearing about their support for the second amendment. Not only will the next president have the opportunity to appoint several SC justices but many many lower federal court judges. This will impact our freedoms for several decades at a minimum..

4. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

That is true to a point. In courts you always see filthy tactics and dishonesty. :faint:

5. jakeh

jakeh

Java Junky has it right!

I have lived through the election and terms of a lot of presidents, since Eisenhower, and Obama has been the only one that thoroughly scares the living hell out of me. I have lived in fear of what he may do to our wonderful country, even beyond our beloved 2nd Amendment, since the day he was elected and to be honest since the day I first saw him speak and heard that he was running for President.

If you do nothing else in the coming days before the election, please watch Obama as he speaks and don't listen to what he says but how he says it. Look at how he holds himself and learn to "read" him. Actually you should do this for any person, especially those running for public office. Use his actions to confirm and/or disprove your observations of just what type of person he/she is and what they may be capable of.

I have a hard time putting my feelings/thoughts into words at times and hope that this response of mine does give you pause to think about why you would want to elect Obama for another four years. So please understand that I can not reference a "link" to what I believe or what might happen as these words of mine come from personal observations and a lifetime of "reading" people.

I wish us luck and good fortune in these next four years.

Jake

6. Rob_Roy

Rob_Roy

Fortunately, the older Justices are liberal. It is Justice Kennedy -- the "swing vote" -- leaving the Court that one needs to worry about. Still, the main poster is correct about the potential to have an Obama majority on the Court. The Second Amendment is worded in a way that gives opponents some wiggle room.

7. Glockworks

Glockworks Ready/Aim/Fire Silver Member

The prez is only there for 4 to 8 years. Th supreme court is there for life if they wish! THAT is the main reason to vote Obama out!

8. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Vote Romney or prepare to be enslaved. Glad I live in Texas. Soon enough we'll be our own nation and it won't matter.

9. s&wfan

s&wfan

Don't worry about the President.

Don't worry about the Supreme Court.

Join the NRA and support the NRA-ILA. They are kicking *** and taking names here lately.

I know some people have issues with the NRA. No institution is perfect. Support Gun Owners of America if you have a problem with the NRA.

If every member on this board gave 20 bucks a month to the NRA-ILA, we'd go a good way toward paying for a really good lawyer every year. Think about that.

10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

What you have said is both insightful and true. It is a principal reason, 'Why' all of us who carry sidearms everyday should be extra careful to always project a very positive image of, 'people who carry guns'.

How should we do this? One excellent way is to speak positively about the Second Amendment whenever we have either an invitation or opportunity to do so. Another good way is to keep our sidearms hidden from general public purview - Especially when we are moving about inside an urban environment.

I would suggest that all of us will get a lot farther in persuading other people to appreciate and accept the Second Amendment by wearing an NRA/GOA/JPFO baseball cap, T-shirt, or shoulder patch than we ever will by flaunting our deadly sidearms in public.

(It's the 21st century, people!) ;)

11. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

And both choices are wrong.

Ironically enough your sig reads "Right is right even if nobody is doing it, and wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it."

Take a lesson from your sig...

12. Java Junky

Java Junky

And to sit there and await a fate decided by others is the way'a the @*#&in' dodo.

13. devildog66

devildog66

Gary Johnson in 2012!!!

14. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Glotin, I appreciate your logical response and that you didn't just resort to name calling. The gov't is like a cancer but instead of replacing it with the flu lets look at a different analogy. You have a cancer that is only operable once every 4 years. Now I've personally had cancer and it is no fun. So given Romney we are given the opportunity to replace our stage 4 cancer with stage 1. Now there is no guarantee that we will make it to the next operation 4 years down the road but at best we will probably be right back to having stage 4 cancer. At worst we will be dead even though we gained a few more miserable years out of life.

The last thing I want is 4 more stagnant years followed by a president even worse than Obama. America needs an awakening and maybe Obama is exactly what the doctor ordered. I would never vote for the man but since the GOP is too stupid to elect a real candidate I will pick neither. Its kinda like someone asking it I want to be shot in the arm or the leg. Well honestly I really just don't want to be shot. So I will let you make that decision if you so please and I will stick pick neither.

I guess it all boils down to me not seeing Romney as a solution to the problem but at best a temporary delay of the inevitable. I just can't watch this country fall under a so called "conservative"

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

15. garander

garander

Yea great post:whistling: But Look falman, if you can't at least admit the danger posed by obama's two supreme court apointee's, Well there is no hope for you.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  16. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

The facts have already been posted, but don't let that stop you from posting BS.

17. tslex

tslex

False.

18. NIB

NIB

Times were different back then. Back then, gun owners weren't aware of any pending antigun legislation until they picked up the new issue of Guns & Ammo at the news stand. By then it was usually to late.

Today it is different in that any whiff of any antigun legislation is quickly learned and the news spread through out the net within seconds thanks to the internet. We are able now to communicate and act faster against any legislation then back then.

Antigun legislation was a part of the Obama administrations agenda. That is until they saw the massive gun and ammo sales records right after the election. Obama probably pooped a little in his pants after that and saw that the gun culture in America is a lot bigger and more powerful then he thought.

He's laying low knowing he needs to be reelected. If reelected, he becomes a lame duck president and can put forth and sign any legislation without a care in the world.

19. garander

garander

Sure obama can push a more anti gun agenda without fear if he is reelected. But he could damage his party depending upon how restrictive the measures are.

20. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

This assumes that our Narcissist in Chief CARES about his party. I think all he really cares about is himself.

-Pat