close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

This election will make or break the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Fox, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Wrong. There are other choices but media has programmed you and others to ignore them.

2. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

And therein lies the rub because there is no reasonable restriction. They are infringements pure and simple.

3. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

That's the problem though. The sheep will accept what the media tells them and that the media tells them there are only two choices... instead of thinking for themselves and truly being involved the majority of Americans let the media dictate to them who to vote for, what to think it cool and so forth. A nation of sheep voting for one wolf or another. It doesn't matter because a wolf is a wolf none the less...

4. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

No, it doesn't have to be the lesser of two evils. For cripes sake people! We have leaders out there that can do the job and are a far better choice than the two media selected clowns being forced on us. Step up, if enough people vote 3rd party then we win as the lesser of two evils becomes nullified and WE TAKE BACK OUR GOVERNMENT.

5. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

That's BS, a well qualified and long vetted candidate was presented. One that would have had an enormous positive effect on getting this nation back on course. But the media completely ignored him and when they didn't they did everything they could to make him look bad. The problem is he has a long record of practicing what he preaches. And the best part is, he isn't a puppet. And that is why Ron Paul was never given fair coverage.

In every debate he was in, his message never wavered, never changed. He didn't stoop to slanderous personal assault to win a debate, he use the Constitution and a common theme of personal responsibility and freedom to win his debates. But still in light of being a true to his message politician... he wasn't good enough. BS.

6. Slug71

Slug71

Its not BS. Romney made it PERMANENT!

7. Slug71

Slug71

Exactly!

8. Slug71

Slug71

We'll still be voting RP. :)

9. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

45 and a Libertarian for as long as I can remember... before I even knew what a Libertarian was.

10. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Seems so many have forgotten this.

11. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

He is making a real choice, he is choosing like many others, what he believes is right not what the media says he has to choose or what rude condescending people try to bully him into choosing. I have made my choice to and while it isn't the popular choice, the choice dictated to me by the media or shouted at me by narrow minded people, I can look myself in the mirror and say with honest integrity that I stood for what I believe in and I did not compromise myself, my nation or my values that I have held my entire life... all so I could step in line with everyone else and do as I was told to do by the media. Try it sometime. It's really quite liberating to live by your values and convictions without compromise.

12. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

And there is the irony... Ron Paul didn't endorse Romney...

" Mr. Paul, in an interview, said convention planners had offered him an opportunity to speak under two conditions: that he deliver remarks vetted by the Romney campaign, and that he give a full-fledged endorsement of Mr. Romney. He declined.

"It wouldn't be my speech," Mr. Paul said. "That would undo everything I've done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for president.""

13. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

I do live by my values and convictions, but I also live in this reality. Voting for a libertarian third party cost the GOP votes, not the Dems.

There is a difference between Romney and Obama, despite what the narrow minded Paulites would have us believe.

Letting Obama win in '08 was a disaster. Letting him win again will be worse. I don't think Scalia will last another 4 years. If the makeup of the court is changed to a younger liberal viewpoint we will be in a world of hurt, maybe destroyed.

I couldn't look myself in the mirror with anything but shame if I was part of the reason for that.

14. Acujeff

Acujeff

Gary Johnson‘s record? He did serve a governor of New Mexico for 8 years. Kablam has posted on GT - during Johnson's entire term in office, NM maintained no concealed carry, took massive amounts of money from the bloated federal government, had a pretty high state income tax rate, had a terrible public education system, had a significant illegal alien issue, and still had drug laws.

Though Gary Johnson is not a gun owner, the former governor of New Mexico says he believes in the right of citizens to bear arms. But he also says current gun control laws are “inadequate” and ripe for improvement. In other words, he’s looking to play it straight down the middle, just as Barack Obama did in his campaign for CIC.
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/06/aaron-jossie/2012-candidates-on-gun-rights/

Libertarians are just hypocrites when they come to gun forums to call us sheep when they are voting Johnson for the sake of their party. Splitting the vote just improves Obama's chances of winning.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  15. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

G36, that's great!

You vote by your convictions and let me do the same

16. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Gary Johnson on Gun Control

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFYmyUSwcCM"]Gary Johnson Discussing Gun Control - YouTube[/ame]

Thank-you,

17. Slug71

Slug71

Well said.

18. Slug71

Slug71

He did make a real choice.

You sir, are a sheep.

19. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

How would I ever NOT let you do that? I have no power over you. You, and libertarians in general, can never be convinced when they are wrong.

Or are you saying you don't want me to criticize you for what I consider a very bad decision?

20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Yet we've had basically a 2 party system since mass communication was a typeset paper delivered by a guy on a horse. In fact, it has been the same 2 parties since the whigs self-destructed around 1850 and made room for the Republicans as the second party. before that it was Whigs v. Democratic Republicans and then Whigs v. Democrats.

CNN caused that?:upeyes:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012