This election is going to put me in the poorhouse...

Discussion in 'GT Voting Booth' started by ottomatic, Aug 29, 2020.

1. ottomatic

ottomatic

The 2016 elections were the first time that I financially supported anybody. Even though Trump was originally not my choice in the primaries (Ben Carson was), once he got the nomination, I sent him $50. It was less that I thought that he needed it, more a sign of support.
    This year it is different. Not only am I financially supporting him, I have sent $ to support minority candidates who are running as Republicans, such as (but not limited to) Lacy Johnson, who is running against ilhan omar in MN and Kim Klacik in Baltimore.
    Now I see how Brian Mast handled himself on the way to his hotel and figure that I would feel really bad if I don't show some love.

BuckyP, NMG26, n2g and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gregoire G

Gregoire G

I've given money to John Cornyn here in Texas and a smaller amount to Elise Stefanik in NY. Elise has been helping Trump so I gave her some money. I will give Trump some cash now that things are in full swing. Only issue is it's like feeding stray cats, they won't leave you alone after you give them something.

3. ottomatic

ottomatic

OMG! Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Georgiagunguy

Georgiagunguy

I’ve received six texts today asking for money. Normally I’d be pissed, but it’s a small price to pay to keep my 2nd Amendment rights

B C and n2g like this.
  5. ottomatic

ottomatic

While this is true, it goes WAY beyond the second amendment. This is "Do or Die" for the United States as we know it.

n2g likes this.
  6. peng

peng

The GT beer thread is doing the same to me. :p

B C likes this.
  7. Vito

Vito

I've given to several Republican candidates this time around, all modest amounts, and what it has given me in return in the 30 to 50 texts a day, and a like number of emails each day, asking for more money. I am also getting about a dozen calls on my mobile phone every day that I don't answer because I know that they are solicitations for further donations. I do what I can to help, but I can't send money to everyone, and certainly not over and over. I'll be glad when Nov 4th arrives.

8. ottomatic

ottomatic

I can definitely do without the constant texts.

9. sourdough44

sourdough44

Yeah, a little to much drinking during the debate last night. I’m starting out a little slow this morning. Well hexx, it is my weekend after all.