Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was definitely a spur of the moment deal. I stopped into my LGS just to see what he had, if anything piqued my interest. I got piqued.

Rectangle Wood Font Material property Motor vehicle

Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor Wood stain

Heritage Rough Rider .22/.22 Mag with a very practical 16" barrel 馃槅. It's got adjustable fiber optic sights and a remarkably nice trigger pull. Now if only I can get good enough cocking it during rapid fire (five shots in 10 seconds) I could really impress the guys on my pistol team next year!

For what it is the fit and finish are ok and the action locks up tightly.
Trigger Air gun Line Font Gun barrel

If I end up really not liking it I know I can sell it at auction and get back quite a bit more than I paid for it. I'll have to put it on paper and give a range report as soon as I can 馃憤.

ETA: it does have a "safety" so I can dry fire it with no damage to the firing pin.
Trigger Air gun Bumper Gun accessory Shotgun

Hand Air gun Trigger Finger Shotgun

Cuhootnified Roamer
A different gun indeed. Pretty cool looking!
Enjoy it in health! Cheers 馃嵒

Cuhootnified Roamer

Registered
I wonder if you can put a buttstock to it since that the barrel is 16鈥 long? Hmmm鈥he mind ponders鈥
If it has a 16" barrel, I'm 99% sure that you legally can. Just like with a Thompson Center Contender. With a 16 " barrel, you are allowed to put a conventional shoulder stock on it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if you can put a buttstock to it since that the barrel is 16鈥 long? Hmmm鈥he mind ponders鈥
I'll have to research to see if Heritage offers one, or what I can find to fit it. If it's as accurate as I hope it is with the right ammo it sure would make a good small game getter.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did find a company that makes both a buttstock and a forend for it, Salem Lakes Armory. The stock is basically two long pieces of maple that sammich together over the grip frame. Looking at videos it seems to be a solid unit. It's unfinished so I'll have to stain and seal it but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Maybe a custom made cross draw rig is needed for easier access? Last night I tried the old "twirling it on the index finger like a cowboy" but that didn't go over so well 馃槅馃槅. It's going to be raining most of the morning so I may just run to the range and see how it shoots at 50'. If I do I'll snap pics 馃憤

Registered
Where are you gonna put your off hand? If you grab the barrel it would effect the point of aim, right? SO would resting the barrel on a rest.

Be interested in the accuracy of such a beast.

IMHO, any pistol with a barrel of over 10 inches proves you are a gun slut. I hear there is medication for that...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts