Glock Talk banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Conservative because I’m a fan of common sense.
1,295 Posts
One question on ammo please: What are your thoughts on pro’s and cons of shooting 9mm aluminum in Glocks? Is it dirty...does it cause damage in any way...? (All I know for sure so far is it’s a little cheaper than brass and the guys at the range who collect the shells probably get tired of having to pick those out of the bucket at the end of the day)
I shot 100 of them yesterday with no misfires and my accuracy was like it always is.... meaning I am comfortable I could shoot someone Shaquille O’Neals size from 20 feet.[/QUOTE]

I’ve shot probably 1000 rounds of the federal aluminum ammo from Wally World in 9mm and .45 and never had an issue. It seems cleaner to me than Winchester white box (federal seems to shoot cleaner across the board in 9mm, .45 and 12ga) and I’ve not noticed a difference between that and the federal brass.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response... seems like a good deal to me. I got mine at WallyWorld too and see no reason not to keep using them. I appreciate your info.

· Registered
10,337 Posts
Man, I really want one if those.

Relegate my carry G4.17 to nightstand duty.

With kid # 2 on the way, gonna be a hard sell with my better half.

Reactions: Dcc65

· Registered
414 Posts
Took my 19x to the range today and it was everything I hoped it would be. I have always liked the 17 Gen 2 (no finger grooves) frame, but wasn't fond of the extra barrel length, so I gave it up for the 19. This gun is perfect for me.

· " Fast is fine but, accuracy is everything"
1,221 Posts
Man, I really want one if those.

Relegate my carry G4.17 to nightstand duty.

With kid # 2 on the way, gonna be a hard sell with my better half.
Your 17 is a great gun. When I was young raising kids I never had extra cash that wasn’t spoken for, shoes clothes orthodontist. Before you know it there gone and you will have a lot more cash. Be glad you have your 17. You will get yours someday. Congrats on your kids on the way. They are a lot of fun.

· Registered
103 Posts
View attachment 386996 Had my 19x out Sunday. 200 rounds with no issues. This was my second trip. 350 rounds total. Gave it a good cleaning. Damn nice Pistola
When asked about the "fast draw" in the 1920's during the shooting of a Hollywood movie, Earp actually said "never tried it. Doc shot his big toe off doing so. Best idea is to hurry up and take your time". Really!

· Registered
41 Posts
I shoot aluminum fairly often since it's so cheap. Not noticed any big difference in dirty residue.

I’ve got a G19 Gen 4 as my current favorite and have been trying to ignore the 19X telling myself it’s just the same gun with a few tweaks and I could keep my money for more frivolous things...like food.....mortgage...etc.
However you guys are making it difficult because you seem to really LIKE the darn thing a LOT!
One question on ammo please: What are your thoughts on pro’s and cons of shooting 9mm aluminum in Glocks? Is it dirty...does it cause damage in any way...? (All I know for sure so far is it’s a little cheaper than brass and the guys at the range who collect the shells probably get tired of having to pick those out of the bucket at the end of the day)
I shot 100 of them yesterday with no misfires and my accuracy was like it always is.... meaning I am comfortable I could shoot someone Shaquille O’Neals size from 20 feet.

· Registered
10,337 Posts
Your 17 is a great gun. When I was young raising kids I never had extra cash that wasn’t spoken for, shoes clothes orthodontist. Before you know it there gone and you will have a lot more cash. Be glad you have your 17. You will get yours someday. Congrats on your kids on the way. They are a lot of fun.
I appreciate your kind words, we are excited to start the journey over with #2.

I've got things worked out with my better half that whenever my LGS gets one one for my spot on the list (apparently there's a goodly list) I'll be ready to rock.

Reactions: MikeG36 and Lawdog3

· Have Gun Will Travel
3,464 Posts
jr24, that's great news. Best of luck to you and your family. I'm also happy for you with regards to you and your wife working out the 19x budget.

SGJ, I've shot a bunch of AL case 9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP over the years and I can't remember ever having a problem.

· Registered
19 Posts
I had my 19x out yesterday and today both days shooting over 100 rounds of wally world Winchester, some Remington 115 grain and also hydro shock 124 and NATO 124 grain fmj.
All I can say is this 19x runs great and accuracy is right on!! Love the grip and have been carrying it for a week now in my alien gear rig with no problems.
I have 3 other glocks and have no regrets on the 19x. Notice the heart shaped hole I shot out for ya!! View attachment 386458
I just bought my 19x Saturday (my first Glock :)), which holsters have you tried with it so far?

· Registered
2,248 Posts
I just bought my 19x Saturday (my first Glock :)), which holsters have you tried with it so far?
Glock sport/combat holsters work.

Reactions: bones123

· Banned
333 Posts
I just picked up a 19x today as well, and put 200 rounds through it this evening. I gave up my 19 about 2 months ago in a poor decision, and this was interesting enough to get me back into the platform. While this is not my first Glock by any means, it is my first using Glock 17+2 magazines from the factory.

I had about 5 total FTFs, all using the +2 magazines loaded to 19+1. Are these not a +1 mag (forgive the stupid question)? That accounts for 3 FTFs, the other 2 were mid magazine. I am going to load them all up and let them sit for the next couple of days to see if this resolves the issue....anyone else seeing the same thing? I am not worried yet, as most mags need to be loaded and rest a few days regardless. No fails on the flush 17rd mag.

TIA!

· Registered
19 Posts
Sorry for the highjack shift1

I shot what the range had and it was Sig Elite performance 115gr.. I was just curious what you shot cause I'm going to cabela's Saturday to buy some bulk ammo.

I had no FTF issues in the 150 rounds I shot.

· Banned
333 Posts
Clean and lube your pistol and try some good 124gr. ammunition tgoldieOO.
I seriously doubt you have a magazine issue and leaving magazines loaded does nothing.
I respectfully disagree on settling magazines (specifically their springs) but either way, not dreadfully concerned. I think that is one of those oft debated things that just falls in the YMMV category...it’s something I have done with all new pistols and it works for me, so I’ll leave it at that.

I have plenty of 124 NATO I feed my VP9SK which will wear it in nicely (in fairly small quantity). I will also likely cycle some Sig Elite Perf. 115 and see how it does. Sig ammo is fairly stout in 115 versus the less pricey range ammos.

Perhaps it’s the 1911 enthusiast in me, but I don’t even begin to judge a pistol until 500 rounds are through it (less blatant issues)...doesn’t matter if it’s a 1911 or a plastic fantastic.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.