Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Conservative because I’m a fan of common sense.
1,295 Posts
I’ve got a G19 Gen 4 as my current favorite and have been trying to ignore the 19X telling myself it’s just the same gun with a few tweaks and I could keep my money for more frivolous things...like food.....mortgage...etc.
However you guys are making it difficult because you seem to really LIKE the darn thing a LOT!
One question on ammo please: What are your thoughts on pro’s and cons of shooting 9mm aluminum in Glocks? Is it dirty...does it cause damage in any way...? (All I know for sure so far is it’s a little cheaper than brass and the guys at the range who collect the shells probably get tired of having to pick those out of the bucket at the end of the day)
I shot 100 of them yesterday with no misfires and my accuracy was like it always is.... meaning I am comfortable I could shoot someone Shaquille O’Neals size from 20 feet.

1,295 Posts
One question on ammo please: What are your thoughts on pro’s and cons of shooting 9mm aluminum in Glocks? Is it dirty...does it cause damage in any way...? (All I know for sure so far is it’s a little cheaper than brass and the guys at the range who collect the shells probably get tired of having to pick those out of the bucket at the end of the day)
I shot 100 of them yesterday with no misfires and my accuracy was like it always is.... meaning I am comfortable I could shoot someone Shaquille O’Neals size from 20 feet.[/QUOTE]

I’ve shot probably 1000 rounds of the federal aluminum ammo from Wally World in 9mm and .45 and never had an issue. It seems cleaner to me than Winchester white box (federal seems to shoot cleaner across the board in 9mm, .45 and 12ga) and I’ve not noticed a difference between that and the federal brass.[/QUOTE]

1,295 Posts
I shot 100 of them yesterday with no misfires and my accuracy was like it always is.... meaning I am comfortable I could shoot someone Shaquille O’Neals size from 20 feet.[/QUOTE]

I’ve shot probably 1000 rounds of the federal aluminum ammo from Wally World in 9mm and .45 and never had an issue. It seems cleaner to me than Winchester white box (federal seems to shoot cleaner across the board in 9mm, .45 and 12ga) and I’ve not noticed a difference between that and the federal brass.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response... seems like a good deal to me. I got mine at WallyWorld too and see no reason not to keep using them. I appreciate your info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.