Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 19x out yesterday and today both days shooting over 100 rounds of wally world Winchester, some Remington 115 grain and also hydro shock 124 and NATO 124 grain fmj.
All I can say is this 19x runs great and accuracy is right on!! Love the grip and have been carrying it for a week now in my alien gear rig with no problems.
I have 3 other glocks and have no regrets on the 19x. Notice the heart shaped hole I shot out for ya!! Gun Trigger

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Coo!! Today a friend from work came over to cut some firewood then I introduced him to the 19X, he like it as well. He thought it was well balanced loaded and felt it shoot as well or better than his Gen3 19C. I on the other hand still love the C models, though the more I shoot the 19X more I like it. If I see another one, it just might follow me home.

Reactions: Mopoe

·
Banned
199 Posts
I really do like the 19X concept. I wish Glock would do this with other models. Glock is already the BEST selling handgun in the world. Could you imagine how much more they would sell if they used the same grip concept on other models? I know I would be more of a Glock fan/owner if it were to happen.
I often wonder what direction Glock will go in after Gaston's death. Not hoping he will die anytime soon, just wondering........
:headscratch:

·
Conservative because I’m a fan of common sense.
1,305 Posts
I’ve got a G19 Gen 4 as my current favorite and have been trying to ignore the 19X telling myself it’s just the same gun with a few tweaks and I could keep my money for more frivolous things...like food.....mortgage...etc.
However you guys are making it difficult because you seem to really LIKE the darn thing a LOT!
One question on ammo please: What are your thoughts on pro’s and cons of shooting 9mm aluminum in Glocks? Is it dirty...does it cause damage in any way...? (All I know for sure so far is it’s a little cheaper than brass and the guys at the range who collect the shells probably get tired of having to pick those out of the bucket at the end of the day)
I shot 100 of them yesterday with no misfires and my accuracy was like it always is.... meaning I am comfortable I could shoot someone Shaquille O’Neals size from 20 feet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve got a G19 Gen 4 as my current favorite and have been trying to ignore the 19X telling myself it’s just the same gun with a few tweaks and I could keep my money for more frivolous things....
I'll say that the 19x trigger is leaps and bounds better feeling than the 19G4 that I have. Also, and this may be my imagination, but the grip size (the girth) seems smaller to my hands. Have not bothered to measure it.

I also removed my lanyard holder and replaced it with a Vickers Gen4 plug, which fits perfectly and in FDE almost matches the 19x color.

For me, it will only get better when this gun comes with a manual safety and an optics plate. Yes, I know, a manual safety is a controversial subject, but as an old, long time 1911 user, I like them.

FWIW, not having ever owned a G17, I was concerned about printing in my IWB holsters. Needless concern, at least with the flat bottom mag. Just as concealable as any 19 I've had.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
One question on ammo please: What are your thoughts on pro’s and cons of shooting 9mm aluminum in Glocks? Is it dirty...does it cause damage in any way...? (All I know for sure so far is it’s a little cheaper than brass and the guys at the range who collect the shells probably get tired of having to pick those out of the bucket at the end of the day)
I shot 100 of them yesterday with no misfires and my accuracy was like it always is.... meaning I am comfortable I could shoot someone Shaquille O’Neals size from 20 feet.
I've always like to shoot some Blazers out of my pistols. Its cheap and in general have never had any real issues with it. Never had damaged caused by it. Usually shoots and functions well in my Glocks. Just got some Federal aluminum that I'm gonna try.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’ve shot probably 1000 rounds of the federal aluminum ammo from Wally World in 9mm and .45 and never had an issue. It seems cleaner to me than Winchester white box (federal seems to shoot cleaner across the board in 9mm, .45 and 12ga) and I’ve not noticed a difference between that and the federal brass.

·
Conservative because I’m a fan of common sense.
1,305 Posts
I shot 100 of them yesterday with no misfires and my accuracy was like it always is.... meaning I am comfortable I could shoot someone Shaquille O’Neals size from 20 feet.[/QUOTE]

I’ve shot probably 1000 rounds of the federal aluminum ammo from Wally World in 9mm and .45 and never had an issue. It seems cleaner to me than Winchester white box (federal seems to shoot cleaner across the board in 9mm, .45 and 12ga) and I’ve not noticed a difference between that and the federal brass.[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.