close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking of trading my USP45 for a Glock 33

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by M249SAW, Dec 21, 2004.

1. M249SAW

M249SAW Rescue Jockey

Hey all,

Ive been thinking alot lately about tradin in my HK USP .45 fullsize for a G33. This is mostly due to the fact that I need a smaller carry weapon as the USP is pretty big.

Questions,

How does the .357Sig rate as far as stopping power compared to the good ole .45ACP?

How enjoyable is the G33 to shoot? Ive fired the G32 once and I was impressed by the round but I cant imagine it in a small frame pistol like the 33.

Thanks
    Kyle

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

The G-33 isn't much smaller than the G-32.If you can get +P+ 9mm you might do just as well with the G-26.With the G-33 you can get a G-27 barrel and use 40 S&W and 357 Sig.I like mine but I think a goos 9mm might be just as good.I got the G-33 because I figured the bottle neck cartridge would be more reliable in a subcompact pistol.I don't care much for shooting 40 S&W but 40 caliber bullets work well.I think 45 gives up too much from a short barrel.Either in capacity,velocity or increased recoil.There aren't a lot of ammo choices in 357 Sig.Full power 125 grain bullets is about it.The odd full power 115 and 147 grain loads don't seem to work any better and aren't very standard.With 9mm practice is much more enjoyable.I do carry my G-33 though.After New Years I think I'll get a G-26 but I'll never get rid of my G-33.I've had it since 1998.It's the perfect size for carry.

3. Brooklyn South

Brooklyn South

I have a G32 and opted for a G26 too, as I thought that the G33 might be too much of a good thing, at least for me. I subscribe to the theory that the best rounds in the main defensive pistol calibers (9, 357, 40, & 45) are pretty close in terminal performance in full size guns. Shot placement is the key, along with a number of other factors.

If possible, I suggest that you keep the 45. Also see if you can rent or borrow a G33 to try before you buy.

Good shooting!
    :) :) :) :)

4. M249SAW

M249SAW Rescue Jockey

Im going to a range today that has at least 40-50 rental pistols so I have a pretty good chance that they will have a G32 or G33 to try.

Thanks guys

5. Brooklyn South

Brooklyn South

6. dao

dao Brrrr.

My 33 is a BLAST to shoot :)

Have to admit - I was pleasantly surpised by the accuracy of this little package, and it certainly makes some noise! My only compaint is the cost to shoot; hard to find cheap .357 Sigs... Might have to think about reloading after all...

7. tgn22

tgn22