close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking of trading my Gen 2 glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by srkr, Apr 9, 2010.

Tags:
  1. srkr

srkr

I have a Gen. 2 Glock 19 with Austria markings.

I'm swaying back and forth. Was looking at a Glock 36. I like the .45 much better. Do you think an even trade would be fair? I'm still new to this whole glock thing. I bought it about 6 months ago and still haven't shot it.

srkr1432@sbcglobal.net

BTW. I live in the DFW area. Texas that is.:cool:

2. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Don't you think you ought to shoot it at least once before you trade it away?

3. Chuck

Chuck Millennium Member

You really need to shoot that 19 to really appreciate how nice they are to shoot. The 36 will not be as nice.

4. srkr

srkr

Ihave several 1911's and a couple xd's and this one just sits in the safe. I'm accustomed to the .45 round. This would probably be like a .22 comparetavly speaking. I do like the 15 round but in a self defense scenario very seldom is there more than 3 shots fired anyway. I also have a lot of .45 and almost no 9mm ammo minus one box.

Another question: How much more will the glock 36 weigh compared to my current 19 fully loaded.

thanks

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  5. Brent10mm

Brent10mm

I happen to have a Gen 2 G19, and the G36.

I like both, they are IMO the two best CC glocks. I tend to go with the G36 most of the time, as it is lighter fully loaded, and thinner...bigger holes..:whistling: you can notice a difference, but slight.
    G36 is about as good as it gets in the CC dept., I havent shot my 19 much, compared to the 36, but I'm usually more accurate with the 36. Win Ranger T's make nasty little mushrooms to...:supergrin:

keep the 19, its the quintessential glock.. just does everything well.
    save for the 36.

6. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

Sell it in Mass, they go for good money here. Four Seasons Firearms lists used ones for $599. Sell it here, buy a brand new G36 with NS and have money left over for ammo.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  7. byaah_19

byaah_19

I live in the dfw area too. I'll tell you a great site for buying and trading firearms is texasguntrader.com . Post it on there for trade and Im sure someone will work something out for you. As for the question "do you think an even trade would be fair". I think it would be to the right person who is looking for a 2nd gen 19. If you found what you wanted I wouldnt give more than about $50 bucks or acouple boxes of ammo to even out the trade.I have a g30 and love it. 4 more rounds than the 36. Just a little bit bulkier but love to shoot it. Good luck

8. srkr

srkr

Ok guys gonna just put her back in the safe and save up for the 36.

Thanks for the advice, I was leaning towards trading and I have been convinced to save it for my son, when he grows up.

That boy is gonna have quite an arsenal when I'm gone.
    :supergrin:

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Shane

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  9. coal

coal

If you want .45acp, you'll need something other than the G19. Seems 9mm is not working for you. Opinions vary.