close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking of shooting my first GSSF shoot

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by snakeman, Jun 13, 2004.

1. snakeman

snakeman

I am new to all of this. I was thinking of giving it a try for something to do. I have a G21 that I use for a duty weapon. I have hi cap LEO mags and night sights on it. Can anyone tell me if I can use this, what cattagories to shoot in, and anything else I may need to know? Thanks.

snakeman

2. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

The G21 is good for every category except major sub and sub compact. With the G21 you can shoot in Amatuer Civilian or Amatuer Guardian, Competition, Stockmeister and Unlimited. The LEO mags are also allowed but you can only load up a maximum of 11 rounds (10+1) in the gun. The sights have to be notch and post style sights. So if you've got Trijicons or Meps on it you're sights are allowed.

As far as what else you need to know, well that would be a very long answer, so I'm going to give you some links to read through.

www.gssfonline.com has all the official rules, a match schedule and maps and all that kind of stuff.

http://www.sportshooter.com/GSSF/ has some great information on GSSF. You can learn a lot from reading that web page.

There is also a "Tips From the Pro's" thread at the top of this forum, lots of good info there as well.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask and me or some of the other shooters will have an answer for you.

Welcome to GSSF and good luck at your first match.

3. Farmer

Farmer

If you do decide to shoot at a GSSF match be ready to get hooked and want to travel to matches in other states also. I shot my first one last year and this year I am shooting three matches all in different states. You should do it you will have a lot of fun and all the people are great and more that willing to help another Glock shooter.

4. BoomerG20

BoomerG20

I shot my first match last year thinking I would probably go to two or maybe three.... I ended up shooting NINE! I am planning on shooting 11 this year. Be very careful as GSSF is very addictive. You will meet some of the freindliest people the shooting sports has to offer, and have a great time doing it. Good luck

BoomerG20

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

;f :cool: ;z ;z ;z ;c ;c ;c ^c