Thinking of doing my own grip reduction, but looking for suggestions on stippling pattern

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PaseMkr, Oct 18, 2015.

1. PaseMkr

PaseMkr

Hey all,

I found a great video on YouTube regarding a DIY grip reduction and I am planning on doing my own on a G26.

For my skill set I believe that the reduction will be easier than doing the stippling. That said, I was wondering if anyone had some cool ways/methods of doing stippling with a pattern that is more unique than the standard soldering iron dot pattern. I was looking to get a little more creative on that front.

Thanks
    Steve

2. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

Is creative functional? I use the soldering iron dot pattern and am pretty happy with it. I practiced on a water bottle cap and then a Glock mag extension. I did the stippling thinking the reduction would be much harder. I am anxious to see the results.

I would also add, its not just the pattern you use but where you stipple and where you don't/ My advice stay away from the top part of the back strap.

3. glide

glide Just sayin'

Good luck and go slowly when removing material.

4. jpshaw

jpshaw

I'm still wondering about how that filler holds up where the backstrap is cut all the way through.

5. dom42

dom42

Take your time. The stippling is actually the easy part. Well for me it is. I focus more on my edges and my cuts like the trigger guard raise or a glove bevel cut.

6. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

Treebark!

[​IMG]

AR- Pistol at the bottom, I did the grip and donated it. Made it a little better than the standard A2 it replaced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]