close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking of a Glock 36, Any Input Would Appreciated

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Carrys, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I'm thinking about a new G36. The old 1911 is getting just a bit to......cumbersome actually. Don't always carry it as I more and more come to rely on my other Glocks for daily carry. Nothing "wrong" with it, I'm simply considering more comfort and weight related issues.

I don't walk out the door without being armed, ever. And due to medical reasons I find cross draw meets my needs better. Always carried strong side and much prefer it, but what is, is.

Just thought some G36 owners could share their experiences and views with me.

Thanks!

Edited to add:

Sorry for the left out "be" in the thread title, sometimes I just type faster than I think. And considering how slow I type..........

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. jmsfmtex

jmsfmtex

I love mine. It is dependable, accurate, comfortable to carry and reliable.

3. MCPreacher

MCPreacher

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  4. acpd442

acpd442

New G36 owner here. Love my new Glock. Very accurate. At 25 yards I can keep all the shots in the 8 ring and getting better. My 2 inch snubby was great to carry but the 36 takes up the same space and packs more punch. I use it as my off duy/BUG piece. Take the plunge, you won't regret it.:wavey:

5. Bultx1215

Bultx1215

6. yesitsloaded

yesitsloaded

I have been a 1911 fan for decades - currently have a 3" Kimber Ultra CDP-II (EDC for past 5-years); Ed Brown Kobra in Commander-size and a Les Baer SRP Government-Size.

Never owned a Glock till I took a Glock Armorers course with a buddy of mine a year ago - now I have 4 (22,23,27,36). My 1911's seem to stay put in the safe for EDC and I always reach for and wear either my 27 or 36 depending on dress that day. My 36 has never failed to eat up and spit out whatever I've fed it - it conceals well and fits my hand perfectly.

Took some getting used to (1911 to Glock), mainly in pointing and trigger pull, but I quickly found the right grip position for me and the trigger reset point, I am as comfortable and accurate with all of my Glocks (even the subcompact 27) as I was with my $2k+ Les Baer.

The detailed information about the Glocks design, function and reliability garnered in the Armorer's course quickly did away with the 'disposable tactical Tupperware' mindset I had been fed within the 1911 community and I am quite happy with the reliability and ease of maintenance with my Glocks.

I say 'go for it' :)

7. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

8. TarzanT

TarzanT

Do it. Do it NOW! Turn off the computer and go get it - NOW! Summer's coming - go while there is one in stock. Seriously, quit reading and just go...NOW!

Why are you still here?

Like my wife is so fond of pointing out, "Over $15k in pistols and you carry that $500 Glock more than all the rest combined!"

9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

you cant hold it like a little girl and then get mad when it jams.

10. implexant

implexant

I purchased one specifically to jog with. I use a smart carry.

It's almost the EXACT same size as a Glock 19, just with a shorter grip and a VERY small bit slimmer. The length is identical, even with the shorter barrel. The biggest advantage is the weight. This thing is light, and the grip makes it more concealable. It was just getting difficult to jog with a "heavy" Glock 19 under athletic shorts. Plus, a .45 is better for up close and personal encounters that could potentially occur while jogging in an urban environment.

As far as reliability... I've put several hundred rounds through the pipe, no failures of any kind whatsoever. I purchased mine brand new in 2008. I've heard of problems with older ones, but as long as you purchase brand new you shouldn't have an issue.

Just don't expect this to be smaller than a G19. It is not an ankle gun, it is not a pocket gun.

-Chris

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  11. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

That helped a lot, I was wondering about it's relative size......thanks.

12. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Get a new one, don't get one of the first year or two made. Mine doesn't like SWC bullets at all and only functions right with ball ammo profiles. It's my only Glock I won't carry.

13. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

Mine shoots anything you put in it. No issues whatsoever. Smaller than a 19, but not by much. Look at it as in between a 27/26 and a 19/23.

14. yesitsloaded

yesitsloaded

Yup - I agree with what Chris said above. My 36 will fit in all my 19/23 holsters, and I can't carry the 36 in my ankle either (but some here do). I prefer the 27 in my Galco Ankle Glove (best ankle rig I've found) and will be getting the 30 Gen 4 when it comes out to replace the 27 for the ankle and deep concealment.

Also agree with HerrGlock - buy a new one - mine is less than a year old, 500 rounds through her and not a single hiccup.

15. bkenut

bkenut

Love mine and carry it in a Raven Holster with an extra mag.

16. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

They've been out for almost 10 years. Mine's from 2006 and has zero issues.

17. SagKC

SagKC

Great Glock .45...go for it...you'll never regret it!

18. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Thanks for all the replies fellows.

Just another quick question, I have owned a G30 but was looking for something a bit thiner to be honest. And I know the 36 is somewhat thiner, but is it worth the loss in number of rounds, in your opinions?

19. SagKC

SagKC

IMHO, no personal concern carrying the G36 along with an extra mag vs. carrying 9 or 10 in a G30. Many times find myself carrying the G30 without an extra mag if carrying in summer with clothing restrictions along with the extra bulkiness of the G30. YMMV:wavey:

20. DoubleDog

DoubleDog Grrrrr.....

I almost picked up a 36, but it didn't feel right in my hand...I went with the 30 instead...

I doubt you could go wrong with a 36...

DD~