close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking of a Glock 35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tjr678, May 27, 2002.

1. tjr678

tjr678

I just purchased a Glock 22. I am hooked. I am thinking about getting a 35 to compliment my 22. How much should this cost me? I was thinking of $600 or so. Any thoughts?

2. SavannahGL

SavannahGL

Depends where you live, how fast you want it, and if you know someone with a FFL. If the answer to #2 is "whenever" and the answer to #3 is "yes" then check with D&R sports. Great prices, and if they have it, you are golden. Then they have to ship it to a FFL holder, who may or may not charge you $20-$50 to handlle the transfer. If they don't have one in stock, there MAY be some issues. Otherwise, gunshops usually chage "what the market will bear.

All that aside, get the 35. By far my favorite GLOCK, favorite hand gun, and favorite gun, all wrapped up in one.

3. Gunzz

Gunzz

In NH, a used one in pretty cherry condition (no scratches, dings, and berrel has barely any shine to it from slide) ran me $520 with 2 10rd mags. I like the balance and weight. Very close to a 1911 in dimensions, but reliability is 1000% better. I shall invest in $200 of high cap mags (2). All in all, I am so glad they came out with the 35. I also want a 34, but I see no real advantages of that model over a 26.

4. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Don't get a 22 AND a 35. They are almost the same thing.

5. tjr678

tjr678

If not a 35, what would you suggest?

6. KIDCOP

KIDCOP Rifle Master Millennium Member

I highly recommend the 35. It is a shear pleasure to shoot. IMHO is Glocks version of the 1911. I don't know about the other poster, but my 1911's have ate everything I've feed them. If anything the G-22 will not be as popular after getting the 35. Best

7. Mark M33

Mark M33 Millennium Member

Paid $610 for mine, if I ordered from Topglock or Glockmeister it would cost for $579 plus 20 shipping and 20 FFL, would have come out more. Great shooting Glock, 500 rounds and not a hiccup. You could also order the uppers for the 35, it will fit your 22. Glockmeister carries it, it will also recieve the 31 upper. M33

8. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

34 or 35 which to get... Both like I did just make sure you get the trigger worked on. I highly recommend Matt at Custom Glock.

9. tjr678

tjr678

At lunch break today, I bought a 35. Paid $580. Thanks for all your insight.;b

10. Jobe

Jobe

In Ohio mine cost 650 when it was first introduced to the public.

It shot straight as hell and never had any problems.

The only problem you may run into is trying to find a rig for it. I know that when it first came out, nobody made a holster for it so I was hosterless for awhile.

Jobe

11. Glockguy

Glockguy

Bought the G35 last weekend at at Gun Show for $510.00. Shot it today. Tried the Ammo gambit of Blazer 180 Grain FMJ, Speer Lawman 165 Grain FMJ, PMC 165 Grain FMJ, and Winchester BEB 180 Grain FMJ. Found the most accurate Ammo (for today, anyway) as a very close toss-up between Winchester BEB 180 Grain FMJ and PMC 165 Grain FMJ. This is a very accurate weapon which functioned flawlessly. I already had the G22 which I like very much (the G35 does seem to have less recoil) . . . . anyway . . . both are ultimate keepers!

Regards,
    Glockguy

12. 40loader

40loader IPSC Shooter

I paid $639.00 for mine here in New York, where some idiot thought that case "fingerprinting" would solve all the gun crimes. This is very expensive for the manufacturers and to my knowledge has not been used to successfully solve anything.

This stupid law is why some manufacturers will not ship to New York anymore.

13. jeremy54b

jeremy54b Merely Here...

First one hole groups i ever did were with my NIB 35, great gun, longer sight radius than 22, makes for faster recovery too. good luck!

14. EL RATA

EL RATA Millennium Member

Mine shoots into .75" at 25 yards off the bench with 165 FMJs. It's a squirrel gun!

Fella farther up had the right idea, if you already have a G22 just get a G35 upper _ and the 3.5 connector.

15. tjr678

tjr678

Well, I have 500 rounds in my G35. I don't think I have shot better! I highly recommend the G35. It was worth the guilt trips my wife placed me on for a week!

16. KIDCOP

KIDCOP Rifle Master Millennium Member

Told ya ;) ;f ;f ;f ;f

17. EL RATA

EL RATA Millennium Member

You're blessed if the wifely guilt trip only lasts a week!

18. trapfan

trapfan Got Glock?

This is a great weapon! The one I have will shoot under 1.5 at 50 ft and will eat any ammo I have run in it. Seems to like Federal 165gr jhp's and Winchester white box Wally World ammo. Took 3.5 LB. trigger out and my scores went south so went back to stock and right back to running good scores again. IMHO you will not need the G22 but you can use the mags in the G35 so keep it...allways keep ANY Glock that is paid for.:) :)