Thinking of a CZ P07

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Para-bellum, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Para-bellum

Para-bellum

Was going to get an HKVP9 but after buying and shooting a p10f I have really taken a liking to it. I know the P07 and vp9 are different animals but the thought of a nice DA/SA carry pistol is growing on me.

Anybody with any experience with the p01/p07/p09...what are your thoughts on this? Also I know youtubers and magazine reviews are high for them but I’d like to hear from actual users about reliability. Any of you guys have a Cajun gun works trigger job on any of these?

Strongly leaning towards the p07 but appreciate any advice, negative or positive on them.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    1L26 likes this.
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Good duty gun for sure

grecco, Gfive45 and Para-bellum like this.

3. Para-bellum

Para-bellum

Your opinion and a few others I value most on this forum. Which of the 2 between the vp9 and p07 would you choose? My LGS has a shadow 2 on order for me btw. Can’t wait for that.

4. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

I found the P07 to be “ok.”

I bought it as a carry gun but eventually switched to something else. It was a truck gun for a while, until CoVid drove up the prices for used guns, and I sold it.

For a DA/SA carry, I would suggest a PX4 Storm Compact over the P07. Especially if you can find the Langdon PX4 Compact Carry Model with all the possible upgrades already done for you.

Para-bellum likes this.
  5. 1L26

1L26

You may all go to Hell and I will go to TEXAS!
    I recently shelved my 10mm 1911 that was my EDC for a P01 Omega. I have taken a great liking towards it. I wasn't sure I was going to keep it after I purchased it but, after taking it out of the box and qualifying with it for my LEOSA annual qualification it has really grown on me.

Not any recoil to speak of and cycles smooth and no failures. I thought that in these crazier times I'd better have more rounds than bigger rounds. The 10mm will probably make a return appearance when the nuts go in for the Winter.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    TheDreadnought and Para-bellum like this.
  6. jstrange

jstrange

I have one and like it quite well. Seems high quality. The only thing I am not too happy with is that you need to use snap caps to dry fire.

7. Para-bellum

Para-bellum

While I appreciate beretta pistols for what they are, outside of the 92 they really don’t work for me. Even then I’d rather have a shadow 2/ppq match or a 320 legion then the 92 performance. The 92 performance is a great pistol none the less. My neighbor swears by his 92. We go back and forth all the time about beretta vs this or that lol.

Really? That’s good to know. I have plenty of snap caps because of my 365 lol.

TheDreadnought likes this.
  8. Cambo

Cambo

I have a Cajun modified P07 and P09, and they are excellent. They are accurate out to 25 yards, and they are my primary defensive guns.

Nomado, Gary1911A1, grecco and 3 others like this.
  9. Para-bellum

Para-bellum

What was the turn around time from Cajun?

10. Cambo

Cambo

I put the parts in myself. Almost as easy to work on as Glock. Cajun is pretty backed up these days I understand.

Gary1911A1 and Para-bellum like this.
  11. SlickCZ85

SlickCZ85

I have owned and carried a CZ75D PCR. I changed grips to the cz cocobolos, I grabbed night sights from CGW (which are dawson), I also put a steel guiderod in it. I kept the trigger stock and used rounds to break it in. I’m 3000+ rounds and going with it. When just shooting in single action at the range...its incredibly light.

If I could do it over again, I would grab the P01. The P07 is supposed to be just as good and they have the omega trigger system. You’ll find more accessories for P01 and P07 versus my PCR. Though, you really dont need much.

PM if you want data. I think they are great.

arkdweller22 and Para-bellum like this.
  12. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

I had a P07 and liked it so much that I gave it to my son in law.

After fumbling around with different carry guns for about a year, I’m back to carrying a CZ, this time a P-06.

I’m a firm believer in CZ’s.

1L26, Cambo and ScotchWhisky like this.
  13. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

I have had one, it’s a very good carry piece. For an even better experience consider its Swiss clone, the Sphinx SDP.

14. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

I bought one new several years ago and it was a capable pistol, well made IMO.

I traded it in on an HK for reasons, but there was nothing wrong with the CZ, especially for carry.

Para-bellum likes this.
  15. grecco

grecco

I have a P07 Urban Grey,
    I did the Cajun Gun Works trigger upgrade, this made it better.
    I prefer it over my P01.

Cambo, Para-bellum and ScotchWhisky like this.
  16. arndog123

arndog123

My P09 and P07 are reliable and very accurate guns. I actually prefer shooting them over my CZ P10C,F or all steel CZ75’s. The recoil impulse is very smooth on both especially on the P09 when compared to all my other CZ’s.

I’ve installed CGW’s short reset kit on both guns and was very happy with the results. It lightened up and smoothed out the trigger pull in addition to reducing the reset.

I also own a VP9 and it hardly ever comes out of the safe. It comes with an excellent trigger and feels great in the hand but I shoot my CZ’s a lot better.

Cambo and ScotchWhisky like this.
  17. ScotchWhisky

ScotchWhisky HEMIs, guns, and booze

P-07 / P-09 are underrated pistols. Very accurate, great ergonomics, soft shooting, and generally really nice SA triggers. CGW if you like to mod.

Terry G, Cambo and grecco like this.
  18. grecco

grecco

The P07/PO9 are pretty easy to work on, there are step by step videos on youtube.
    A good polish job, some tweaking and a good cleaning does wonders.

Cambo and Para-bellum like this.
  19. Para-bellum

Para-bellum

I think I’m going to go with the p07. I like the idea of carrying it more since it’s a bit lighter

Gary1911A1, Cambo and grecco like this.
  20. grecco

grecco

Just a fyi.
    The P07 will accept CZ75 mags and Sig p226 mags, not a perfect fit, but functional.
    I could not get the Sig P228\229 mags to lock the slide back.
    Just a FYI :)

Para-bellum likes this.