Glock Talk banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
i do understand your point deadeye, and believe it or not. I agree. My whole point is that while there is certainly something that needs to be tweaked in the engineering, completely discounting the platform, as some have done, seems counter productive. Glock was, is, and will be a masterpiece of design and function.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people whine about a spent casing hitting them on occasion. You are firing a controlled explosion. Who cares if a piece of spent brass hits you on occasion, as long as it isn't an expelled piece of lead and copper. I have SEVERAL Glock pistols, including a brand new G19 Gen4. They ALL shoot just like I would expect a Glock to shoot like. I haven't experienced ANY FTF's or FTE's. They have all performed flawlessly to date. Have I been struck by ejected brass on occasion, sure, but who cares. Grow a pair and stop trying to make a problem out of a non issue. Glocks, BY DESIGN, are built to go bang every time. They aren't, nor ever were, meant to be precise target pistols. They are COMBAT grade weapons. Sheesh.. people, just go shoot your pistol, learn to hit what you are aiming at and stop all of the crying. Other than that.... Have a great day.
What exactly does poor ejection have to do with a "precise target pistol?" The whole discussion/issue with poor performance would not exist were it not for long-time Glock owners. It's not the noobs that have the real problems with recent Glocks. They don't know if it's acceptable or not because they've never owned earlier versions of the gun. You can hurl insults all you want but that's not going to make it go away. When a shooter that's owned Glocks for years buys a new one he knows what to expect based on the years of shooting his other models. Right or wrong aside; his earlier models are the ruler by which the new gun will be measured. You can insult him; tell him it's normal; and tell him the quality of the new gun is every bit as good as it always has been but you're wasting your time. Lies don't stand the test of time. If the "issues" with late model guns are just internet commandos" spreading lies it'll pass and the truth will win over. There's definitely a small group here that do not want anything negative about Glock to be discussed. Insults are generally the way they respond. I do agree however that if you have one of the problem guns it's best to either figure out a fix for it and if that cannot be done get rid of it and move on. There are way too many guns on the market now that'll consistently sling brass to your 3:00 all day long to be stuck with a poor quality weapon.

I love my G19 Gen 4 and have listened to this debate for a long time. I think what some are saying is that this isn't a minor issue of a lob that taps your face, head or wherever. The last time I was out with it I was hit so hard in my glasses that I'll need to get the lens replaced. I'm fairly disappointed.

I'm gonna be shooting Speer Lawman 115gr. outta my new G19 Gen3. hopefully, it likes it.

I love my G19 Gen 4 and have listened to this debate for a long time. I think what some are saying is that this isn't a minor issue of a lob that taps your face, head or wherever. The last time I was out with it I was hit so hard in my glasses that I'll need to get the lens replaced. I'm fairly disappointed.
I've heard that a G23 extractor has fixed some. If that's true it is a relatively cheap fix. I have a LW cast/tool steel one ordered to try. It was pretty much the same price as the factory G23 unit. If that does not help I will just sell/trade it for a different gun. The Apex unit is not a sure fix so I'm not rolling the dice for $60. Some who really want to keep the G19 they have may well buy one and get good results. I just am not so loyal to any gun to keep spending money trying things. To Glock's credit I am certain that if I complained enough they would ditch the "use NATO ammo excuse" and either fix it or replace it with another one that may or may not be an improvement. Personally, I don't think the actual extractor or ejector is the root cause. Trying different ones may help mask the root issue but I think it MAY be an issue with worn tooling and excessive variances in tolerances. That is nothing more than a guess on my part but at least I am honest enough to admit it. Whatever it is I think Glock is on it behind the scenes right now trying to eliminate the problem completely. Competition today is just too vicious to have that weakness.
I promise you that those who consider the poor ejection just a minor annoyance would think differently if an eye injury gave them a trip to the ER for a scratched cornea.

Put some rounds through the G23 yesterday. Slings the 40 brass well. But, when I put in the 40-9 barrel, I had several landing on my head, few hitting my safety glasses and forehead. Was shooting Armscor 124gr fmj. Im guessing it needs a different extractor to eject right, if that will fix it. But will stick with my 40sw.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.