close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking about trading my Glock 22 for a Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GLOCKCRAZY1, Dec 3, 2011.

1. GLOCKCRAZY1

GLOCKCRAZY1

I was thinking of trading my Glock 22 .40cal for a Glock 30 for easy concealed and carry,please,any suggestions were I can find a good deal in Marshfield Mo, thanks.....:dunno::tree::patriot:

2. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

The Glock 30 is good but I would make sure to try it out first. It is a little bit shorter in grip and barrell, but its every bit as fat as the 20/21.

3. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

Can't help you locate one out there dude, but a tour of your local gun shops will likely turn one up. If not, I've had GREAT success with online purchases from sites like Gunbroker.com, Bud's Gunshop, Gallery of Guns etc.

You won't regret a change to the G30 if you are looking for something easier to carry, in my opinion. I have both but rarely carry the 22 due to it's length and the long grip protruding. The G30 might be thicker, but it's stubby grip and nose more than make up for it's width when trying to pack it under light clothing. I regularly carry my G30 and G29sf and feel EXTREMELY well armed out here. My practice is to carry the big brother magazine with 13 rounds or 15 rounds respectively on my off side for a high cap reload. It's a tough little powerhouse and you can't go wrong with a 30. You might look into getting an SF model though. Most people find it more comfortable to grip and carry.

4. Glock40man

Glock40man

The G30 is an excellent pistol. If you don't mind something a little "thicker." I would recommend the G30SF. I really like mine. But, I do notice the difference in width when compared to a G19 or G23.

5. 40 S+W

40 S+W

What is the problem here?? My new G22 goes everywhere with me sitting in a Galco Fletch holster.. Any loose fitting button up shirt and its gone!!!

6. AWESOMO 4000

AWESOMO 4000

Good decision. I was juuust about to buy a 30SF when I regressed back into my SIG fixation and got a P229R. Have to carry a G22 when I'm working and hate it. Just don't like it. Not a big .40 fan, don't like the platform. It's light though I guess.

7. den888

den888

The G30 is quite thick, as others have said.

8. cheapshot

cheapshot

Just got a 30 last week. Very pleased with it! Recoil is as minimal as a 45 can be. It is really fun to shoot! As far as concealability though, i don't know. I live in Illinois!:brickwall:

9. mt920

mt920

:brickwall: Dude, I feel your pain.

The 30 is on my short list of pistols to own. However, I'm not interested in trading my 22 for it. To me the 30 would compliment my 22 and 26 well.

10. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

That is hitting the nail on the head. Another problem I think you will find, is, that trade, isn't going to happen, without an out of pocket expense for you. G22's, around here are the cheapest used Glocks going, police trade ins everywhere, and going for the mid 3's. If you were to find a used G30, it will be somewhere in the 500 range. Trading for a trade in, with the G19, or G23 models would be much more to your advantage, and doable. Seriously doubt you'd find someone to trade away their G30, for your G22. Just saying. Good luck though in your attempt.

11. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

G30? Spectacular gun. Acurate as you can ask a compact to be. One is on my hip as I type this....

Gray_Rider
    Deo Vindice!

12. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

A friend and i were just last night comparing his new G27 to my G29. When you look at the two side by side they are almost the same size. Just a half inch shorter on the barrel length, and about an 8th inch wider. The G23 and G29 are almost the exact same size, except the G29 is about an 8th inch wider. The G29 sure feels bigger, though. The G29 in this picture carries 20 rounds of 10mm with one mag. Concealed carry of it is easy, and comfortable. A G27 set up like this would be even easier, lighter, and more comfortable... but just less powerful. .40 is technically just as powerful as .45... so... if you don't need the more powerful and versatile 10mm, you might as well go for the G27 instead.

[​IMG]

13. Glock Master

Glock Master

The Glock 30 .45acp is an excellent pistol.

14. PolymerPackin

PolymerPackin FrontSight4Life

i recently sold a perfectly good gun for another perfectly good gun and took almost $200 in the rear. buy guns - don't sell em'

15. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

The G30 is an excellent pistol, but not everyone has big enough hands for it.

16. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

I use my G30 for hiking, camping, biking and genral walks in the woods. With 10+1 rounds in the gun and a 13 round G21 mag as back up it is an excellent carry gun. I'v had min since the 30 first came out and it's never given me a bit of heartache. Very, very accurate. About the size of a G19 only a bit fatter. I think it is a more versatile gun than the G22 in that it functions well as a ccw or home defense gun. The G22 can be concealed but it takes a bit more work. I don't think you will be disappointed in a G30.

17. GLOCKCRAZY1

GLOCKCRAZY1

Thanks to all who commented,just bought a Weatherby shotgun a 459 PA......but still thinking about something a little easier to conceal,thanks my friends........

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  18. OneSharpShooter

OneSharpShooter

My uncle just finished raving about renting and shooting a Glock 30 at the range this past weekend. I can't wait to try it. I own a 3rd Gen G27 right now, and it is my CC weapon of choice. I am intending on buying a second G27 and I think, based on a lot of the posts I read here, I might try and find another Gen 3. Can someone tell me the difference in thickness and weight between the G30 and the G27?

19. Schaffer

Schaffer

The 30 with a flat baseplate hides nearly as well as a 26 or 27.

If you can swing it,buy one used. You can never have to many glocks

20. Glock_your_world

Glock_your_world

That is exactly what I did back in 2009 was trade a g22 for a g30sf and i am very happy with my choice. I like the g30sf way better than the g22 even with it being thicker.