Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find my self a little to often leaving my G27 at home, ESP for short little trips to the grocery store or the local 7-11. I hate that I have formed this habit and I'm thinking about trading in my G27 for a little BodyGuard or a Ruger.

I like the S&W BodyGuard, a friend has one and its perfect for pocket carry even in a pair of gym shorts or sweats!

Looking for opinions on this? Possible other options.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Diesel Girl
8,983 Posts
Ok..... Seriously......

Dump the 27 for a .380?

What the hell are you smoking? :shocked:

Make the commitment to carrying all the time and stick with .40!

You'll be better off.

As for the .380....

I can't make a recommendation for a caliber I can't and won't recommend. I do recommend that you stick with your Glock 27. It can be concealed and carried easily enough that you shouldn't be complaining about it.

Trust me, if a barely five foot tall 135 pound woman can carry a full size HK45, you can handle carrying a subcompact Glock for God sakes!

:wavey:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Ok..... Seriously......

Dump the 27 for a .380?

What the hell are you smoking? :shocked:

Make the commitment to carrying all the time and stick with .40!

You'll be better off.

As for the .380....

I can't make a recommendation for a caliber I can't and won't recommend. I do recommend that you stick with your Glock 27. It can be concealed and carried easily enough that you shouldn't be complaining about it.

Trust me, if a barely five foot tall 135 pound woman can carry a full size HK45, you can handle carrying a subcompact Glock for God sakes!

:wavey:
Well said!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I traded my lcp .380 for my glock 27 (well sold and bought, regardless) and haven't looked back. Highly suggest keeping the 27. You will regret not having 10 rounds at your disposal. Around here 40 is cheaper than .380

Sent from my dumb phone which may have misspelled some words.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I can't think of a gun that I either sold or traded away that I wouldn't like to have back. You've been given good advice above on the Ruger LC9 as an alternative.

·
Registered
17,468 Posts
Rule #1 if a gunfight is have a gun.

Somewhere further down the list of rules is have a gun that's caliber starts with a 4.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

·
Made in Texas
312 Posts
The BG 380 is one of my daily carry firearms. As the OP said, perfect for pocket carry for gym shorts/cargo etc

I do carrying a larger P30 in 9mm or my STI when wearing jeans/cargo pants, but there's no way I could conceal either of those weapons in shorts, especially gym shorts.

If you can't afford to just buy a LCP .380 or BG 380, sell the G27 and buy a Sig P938.

·
Raven
12,746 Posts
I find my self a little to often leaving my G27 at home, ESP for short little trips to the grocery store or the local 7-11. I hate that I have formed this habit and I'm thinking about trading in my G27 for a little BodyGuard or a Ruger.

I like the S&W BodyGuard, a friend has one and its perfect for pocket carry even in a pair of gym shorts or sweats!

Looking for opinions on this? Possible other options.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I carry my Ruger LCP almost everywhere. I've got a few other carry guns but the LCP is the one I get the most mileage out of. Had a Keltec P3AT before this one, but it fell apart.

Its enough to get you out of the most commonly encountered bad situations.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Then, you could trade the.380 for a nice lightweight folding knife.
I have an lcp from when we didn't have permits in Wi. Now that I have a g26 and an XDM .45 compact, I never go without and the lcp stays in the safe.
Perspective sure changes, doesn't it?

·
Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
68,339 Posts
Kahr if you need thinner.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
although I have a 380 its only a back up. for a smaller gun I wouldn't go smaller than a 9mm. there are so many small 9mm on the market now you can easily find what will work. for me I'm looking at a Kahr CM9 for limited summer carry but mostly carry the 27 in the warm weather.

·
Florist
22,416 Posts
If it's the G27 size that bothers you, there are plenty of good 9mm guns out there in the same size (ie: thinner) package as .380s.

If it's the.40 cal kick that bothers you, that's different. And if that's the case, try a 9mm first anyway, before jumping on the .380 wagon.

·
Raven
12,746 Posts
If it's the G27 size that bothers you, there are plenty of good 9mm guns out there in the same size (ie: thinner) package as .380s.

If it's the.40 cal kick that bothers you, that's different. And if that's the case, try a 9mm first anyway, before jumping on the .380 wagon.
Problem is, there are no guns out there which pack a better round and are as small as .380 pocket pistols with any kind of capacity. Its always a tradeoff, because we can't tote around an XDm service model .45ACP in our khakis.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.