thinking about making a switch

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Alliance50, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Alliance50

Alliance50

For no certain reason I am thinking about changing my carry weapon.
    I generally carry a sig p220 or a full size 1911 and I have had an urge to start carrying a glock 21 gen4.

Now the 21 is about 1/2 pd lighter loaded with 14 rds than my 1911 or sig loaded with 9 rds which both weight in at 3lbs.

But that is not the reason I'm thinking about weight and size really not an issue and the capacity isn't either.

Like I said no real reason.

However I am looking for opinions on carrying a 21?

thanks

Also one thing that might be getting me thinking about this is when I take my workouts outside (Jogging) the 21 is what tags along.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. BGPD

BGPD

I have carried a 1911 for most of my career. My second choice, based on ergonomics and accuracy is a GLOCK.

3. ca survivor

ca survivor

I'm changing from 1911s to Sig 220, but if you like the 21 go for it....no reason needed LOL

4. Alliance50

Alliance50

I carry one of my 220's alot more than 1911's now also what made you switch, 1911's.
    I like the DA/SA trigger set up on the 220's. Dead accurate also. Mine are two ss elites one carry and one full size and I also carry the Equinox full size.

5. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

In all reality, you answered your own question. If you are looking for accolades, here's mine. If weight is a concern, I'd rather have ammo capacity, over firearm construction, be the determining factor, of weight carried.

My first carry was a 1911, and own, a 220. My carry is a G21, or variant! FWIW.

6. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

They're all great guns. I'd think they'd all be too heavy to go jogging with, though. If I only had the 3 to pick from, I'd take the glock, because it's the cheapest if it works it's way out of the holster (somehow :dunno:) I suppose. I prefer my 1911 trigger, my glock carries better, but I carry a g26, not the pig of a beast 21! It's chubby, that's for sure. Most glocks fit in my glock IWB holster, but not that beast. I can't even get the nose in.

7. collim1

collim1

It shouldn't be a big change they are all full size guns. The big difference is width. I would love to have capacity of the G21, but for me it does not feel and shoot as good as the thin grip of the P220 or 1911.