GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've never owned one. My Granddad had several on our New York farm so got some experience with the long barrel 28".

Need some advice about 20 or 12 gauge and brands. Right now prices are astronomical if you can find one.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I live in a mountain environment with few neighbors.
If your house has more than one door, you need more than one. Stop analyzing and buy a Maverick 88 or H&R Pardner or whatever is $150 or so at your LGS (try Walmart first). Get your first security barreled pump, then continue your analysis paralysis.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
If your house has more than one door, you need more than one. Stop analyzing and buy a Maverick 88 or H&R Pardner or whatever is $150 or so at your LGS (try Walmart first). Get your first security barreled pump, then continue your analysis paralysis.
Haven't been paying attention to the shotgun market lately, have you?

·
A swamp dude
10,917 Posts
As someone else said, try pawn shops for hidden values. A great find would be an older 12 gauge with a slug barrel.

You can also canvass friends, coworkers and neighbors about guns they might be willing to sell. There are millions of shotguns out there in closets and under beds that no one has touched for years.

Patience and tenacity in searching for a good gun will pay off, eventually.

Any brand will do if it’s working properly. High-end guns aren’t necessary; reliability is what matters.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have 5 doors to the outside. So 5 Shotguns? :waving:

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have nice(expensive) hunting guns but a Maverick 88 Security stands guard in the bedroom---paid the huge sum of $219 for it a couple years ago and have no doubt it will do its part if called upon.

·
Native Mainiac
18,699 Posts
I've never owned one. My Granddad had several on our New York farm so got some experience with the long barrel 28".

Need some advice about 20 or 12 gauge and brands. Right now prices are astronomical if you can find one.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I live in a mountain environment with few neighbors.
Maybe the classic Earnest Hemingway double barrel, or the more modern Curt Cobain models would be more fitting for your situation???

Be careful if they are loaded......

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
An 870 magnum (police) with minimal remaining parked finish, a +2 extension and painted magpul furniture is my go-to.

Ugly as sin but still manages where it counts.

·
Mr. Awesome
10,268 Posts
Haven't been paying attention to the shotgun market lately, have you?
I recently bought my H&R Pardner, from Wal-Mart, for $148.88 (plus tax). I saw one, last March, but hesitated and missed it. This time, I jumped.

Reactions: Nucflash

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Maybe the classic Earnest Hemingway double barrel, or the more modern Curt Cobain models would be more fitting for your situation???

Be careful if they are loaded......
A new, somewhat strange follower. But we take what we can get, even from Bear Country. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
2 tries not too bad here. Would like to meet up with my new Pard Half Clip for a friendly Bruncheon on Maine Territory ! :waving:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Don't be shy, FullClip! I will be seeing my Boston College grandson shortly.

Just a short hop up to you in the Maine Wilderness. Let me know.

Dinner is on me. .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Good news and bad news ..

The Good. Member FullClip is my new follower! That is very exciting!.

The Bad. He has so far declined a tete to tete in his Wilderness Hideaway.

I am positive this will be quickly resolved!

41 - 60 of 107 Posts