GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I’ve got a 12 gauge Remington 870 pump with an 18” barrel, loaded with 00 buck. There are better shotguns but not many better ones for the price & reliability.

Make sure you’re ok shooting a 12 gauge. If you can’t, then just get a 20 gauge. Whether you settle on a 12 or 20 gauge, you’re gonna sleep better.

And I must say that shooting slugs at the range is a lot of fun. I was very surprised at the accuracy of my $354.20 shotgun.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I think, IMHO, that home defense shot guns are over thought. I have a 12 ga 20" cylinder choke pump that was given to me by the agency I am affiliated with. It is my home/patrol shot gun. There are no geegaws hanging off of it.

·
Private side
11,393 Posts
I found a hardline used , if at all, H&R Pardner 5+1 for 189 in a shop today. I go back tomorrow and I’m not to proud to dicker. Hope to get it OTD for 175. If not, it’s still only 205.

·
Mr. Awesome
10,274 Posts
A couple of months ago, I found an H&R Pardner pump at Wal-Mart, for the too low to pass it up price of $148.88. For the money, it’s great. Especially, with the current crazy.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Remington 870 is my choice for home defense, but you can't go wrong with a Mossberg, Benelli or one of the older Winchester 1200 pumps.

If I were to start over...I'd seriously look at the Mossberg 930 Auto.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Another vote for the 500. I found the 500 flex and love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Daca is caca
3,483 Posts
This was my choice
vFVN7FSXrIIlTlWnOg072d_tCvLe2yRJu47yDSO01FA.jpg

Reactions: FullClip and B C

·
Premium Member
24,840 Posts
Have you ever tried to crop that picture? Please? ;)
My cousin GAVE AWAY (traded) a Mossberg 500b 20 gauge with a minor broken part. (Took me 5 minutes to find it, simple replacement) so you had to hit bolt release between shots.
Bought new 20 gauge 870 got $50 value on trade......
The 20 gauge is slightly limited in ammo choices. But recoil is much less. At home distances. (Under 50’) even WW bulk #7? Shot should be effective against late night intruders.

·
Daca is caca
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
In my household there are three players: Benelli, Mossberg, Saiga.
I dont know how anything can outdo a Saiga/Vepr but I m a sucker for bullpups and I m afraid I can't help myself so the Tavor 12 is around the corner.

·
NRA Life Member
63,420 Posts
I only use Remington 870's for self-defense. $250 for the 870 Express in my truck and $350 at Bud's a couple of months ago for the police trade-in Police Magnum behind the door next to my desk. Another $120 or so for the Streamlight TL Racker forend.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts