close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking about a Glock 30

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CCW007, Feb 4, 2005.

1. CCW007

CCW007

I used to have a Glock 19 and did not really care for it, so I sold it. I did not care much for the snappy recoil. I have since shot a Glock 36 and liked the feel and recoil better than the Glock 19, but ruled it out because of the 6 shot magazine. I keep reading on the Model 30 and have seen nothing but good reviews and very few used for sale. So I can feel the bug biting me now. It looks like my range has one they rent so I plan on shooting it very soon. My question is how does the recoil compare to the model 36? Also what size groupings are you guys getting?

2. fasthorse

fasthorse

Rent one, shoot one, you'll buy one. Recoil will blow your mind

3. fasthorse

fasthorse

you won't believe you're shooting a .45 regarding the recoil, it's soo much better than the G36. Writing about it really can't describe it untill you shoot one for yourself. Groups? I haven't tested mine for groups yet, but going back into the threads, read excellent reports.

4. Harlequin

Harlequin I need a weapon

Accuracy is amazing! I'm not that good of a shot, but I get COM hits consistently from a concealed draw as 21 feet and I can hit a spot the size of a quarter at 50 feet.

Make sure the gun fits your hand comfortably, as the grip is a little big. If it does you've found a fine weapon.

5. Chopperdog

Chopperdog

I just can't say enough good things about my G30. I have medium-sized hands and the gun fits me nicely. I am more accurate with my G30 than any of my other Glocks. As far as recoil, I don't find it bad at all considering it is .45 ACP.

Rent one and try it out.

6. CCW007

CCW007

Yep I am looking forward to a range trip this weekend. I do not have big hands, but I like guns with larger grips. Now if I find it to be as good as everyone says I will need to think of a way to convince the wife how much I NEED it. This will be quite the task since I have bought a 2 new guns in the past two weeks;g

7. smile_at_u90012

smile_at_u90012

007 sounded like me, i had a G19 which i loved since 1996,bought a G30 last month and indeed,its accurate as it claimed,i have small hands too but it fits just fine,you might find the recoil stinks your palm/fingers at first(from the checkers?) but it wont bother you long.

8. Chopperdog

Chopperdog

Get an A-Grip. The checkering won't bother you anymore.

9. NucSub

NucSub

Purchased my G30 in November and like it very much.
    If you can rent before you buy so much the better.
    Seems more accurate than I am capable. (need more practice)
    Recoil is amazingly light for a .45.

G30
    Meprolights
    .25 cent trigger job
    modified lower trigger guard.

No if I can find the perfect holster.....

10. Chopperdog

Chopperdog

I carry my G30 in a C-TAC for IWB, and I also use a Smart Carry for when I am at work and need ultra deep concealment.

11. CCW007

CCW007

Well I went to the range and shot one today and all I can say is wow! I was dead on the money. I was able to put one nasty hole in the paper. The grip was thick grip on the gun but it fit my hands great. I see a Glock 30 coming to a gun safe near me;f

12. Scrappy

Scrappy

G30 has more recoil then a G19

13. smile_at_u90012

smile_at_u90012

yes,G30 bites lil more than G19 but thats a 45ACP we are talking about.i am practice firing out of the window from a driver's side,it seems to be a bit more challange than i thought,we have some nasty young thugs in my town like to jack cars and taking your money while your car is waiting at the red lights,also, i am practing shooting from a "speed rock" position just in case i may be walking or standing when this terrible things happen,oh, both practices is done in a safe environment of course.what a free country i am in.

14. PACorps

PACorps Millennium Member

Of all the pistols I've shot, neither my palms nor fingers have ever stank from recoil...from burned powder, maybe;a