close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking about a G26 but need info on a pearce grips.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lugi, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Lugi

Lugi

Here's my thing....wanted a g26 for a long time but the grip is way to short for me my g19 is even alittle small but my 17 fits good...my question is....if I get a g26 and get a pearce grip " PG-26XL" a inch bigger will that bring the handle down to like the length of a 17?

Thanks guys.

2. jrpro130

jrpro130

It will bring it to roughly a 19 grip but still smaller. What is your purpose of use ? I think if you are going to carry with the ext mag you might as well get a 19. I have the 27 and 23 and my 27 with the grip ext is just as long as the 23. If any difference it is negligible.

I personally prefer to carry with the flush magazine and carry the ext in my pocket. I have just learned to shoot with the flush. You just tuck your pinky under doesn't effect my accuracy shooting one bit, just easier to carry than the 23.

Cliff notes, basically the 19 and 26 with extension are the same grip. Keyword basically

Should be wrenching instead of using TapaTalk

3. James Dean

James Dean

Buy the G26. You can't go wrong. I shoot it better than my G19. I like the Pearce +3 for the grip on the draw. After you shoot it for a while you will find you can shoot it just as well without it.

4. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

These are sleeves to put on g17 mags so that you have a full length grip on your subcompact (and thereby indicating the actual difference in grip length)
    http://x-grips.com/products/glock-26-27/
    [​IMG]

Obviously, the Pearce is nowhere near this long:
    [​IMG]

5. Lugi

Lugi

Thanks guys...and jrpro130 I do have a G19. :whistling:

:supergrin:

6. Bruce M

Bruce M

More than a few people with average to large hands shoot the G26 adequately with the pinky finger under the gun; some have reported shooting the G26 better than bigger versions. From my corner the best choice might be to try shooting one first before investing either the grip or the gun.

7. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

+1 for Bruce! Save some money and see if either fits your needs or wants first. You can even think about the GAP floorplates for the 26 which hold your 2 finger grip a bit more snugly and gives better control without adding extra length.

8. Lugi

Lugi

Sounds good. :supergrin:

9. Snapper2

Snapper2

With the Pearce extension I tend to "milk" the grip. I shoot better with the stock setup or the gap extension which I have installed on it now. Just my experience though.

10. mxkid6

mxkid6

When I had my G26, I bought the pearce grip extensions and also the GAP plate thinking it would make a difference. I took the gun out to the range often and would have three different mags with the different setups; stock, pearce and the GAP plate. As I would shoot them I would always end up going back to the stock setup. It does feel a little odd at first but with a little time you will get attached to it, at least in my case! Like others have said if you can, try and rent one or borrow a friends. Be sure to put a decent amount of rounds through it to get a good feel for it.

11. tango44

tango44

Compacts and sub compacts will never be a full size by just adding extensions.
    Each on its own

12. ruhip

ruhip

I really like the GAP floor plate when carrying deep in the waist band. I gives you a great grabbing location to draw the gun out of deep concealment when you need it in a hurry.

13. abq87120

abq87120

I sold my G26 with a Scherer extension and bought a G23. The grips are almost the same length. The grip is the difficult thing for me to hide when carrying deep. I figured I might as well get some oomph for my trouble. It weighs about four ounces more than the G26. Also, I got an LWD 40-9 and an LWD 357 Sig barrel for it. They drop in with no other mods. I can shoot three calibers for about $750 via GSSF.

14. barth

barth six barrels

If you want a G26 with a G17 grip?
    Then get the G26 and some G17 mags with X-Grip sleeves.
    X-Grip makes sleeves for G19 and G17 mags to effectively extend
    the grip on baby Glocks.
    I have and use both. They work great.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  15. Lugi

Lugi

Thanks, I'll just stick with my19,17 and 21.

16. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Me too. I also agree with another person who said that you might as well carry a G19 if you want a "pinky extension."

17. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

I have a pierce grip on one of my mags for my Gen4 G26. But I carry with the flush mag and after a number of trips to the range can shoot the 26 just as well without the grip. If I want to go bigger I carry the 19.

18. Slug71

Slug71

Just ordered a PG26 for my Gen4. Will get a GAP plate for one of the other mags and keep the 3rd open for options...
    Just need to find someone willing to part with one GAP plate now....

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012