Thinking about a g-40.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by g-michael, May 30, 2020.

1. g-michael

g-michael

I am thinking about pulling the lever on a g-40. I would use if of course to shoot steel at my home range, a few papers now and then,,but mostly I wonder about it as a hunting handgun. I know the 10mm has the ability. Is the g-40 inherently as accurate as say,,my m-21 ? I have shot a g-40 but only a few times so I can not myself attest to its over all accuracy, but it did 'seem' to clang the steel fairly accurately. I'm rambling,,sorry,,,would it make a good hunting pistol ?
    g-Michael

2. Gucci Glock

Gucci Glock

I have a g20 that I made into a 20L and I find the 10mm is excellent for hunting in my area. I think the g40 being able to accept a red dot would be an added bonus. I was going to buy the 40 but went with the 41 instead because I found some .45 acp mags in my room. No idea where they came from but I figured I needed a gun for them. The only thing I would change about the 40 and 41 is getting rid of the finger grooves

3. g-michael

g-michael

4. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

No doubt the g40 is more accurate than you or I and would make an excellent hunting handgun. The added velocity of the 6 inch barrel is a plus.

g-michael likes this.
  5. thomgetch

thomgetch

I have a g40 with holosun RDS. Extremely accurate and reliable. I have 357 and 40 cal barrels as well. For anything this side of bear or moose the 357 sig config with buffalo bore ammo is what I carry hiking and camping.

g-michael likes this.
  6. Taylor3

Taylor3

I have a G40. Mounted a Vortex Venom Red Dot. The gun is reliable, has a better trigger than most of the other Glocks I own and tends to tame even very hot full house 10mm loads. It is accurate but not the most accurate 10mm I own - have done side by side comparisons with the same ammo. But I would be surprised if you didnt like it after getting it.

7. Taylor3

Taylor3

thomgetch,

Do you mind telling me whose 357 sig barrel you got for your G40? I love 357 sig. took me a while but I found a drop in .357sig barrel for my G20 and love it.

8. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah I’ve kinda wanted one of those myself for a while.

9. thomgetch

thomgetch

I have a lone Wolff barrel from before they went alpha wolf on everything. I think it was Korean made. Shoots great, very accurate. The barrel is heavy for the 9mm slug so like shooting 38 special after a day of 357 magnum. I would check lone wolf for their options. You can of course spend more on KKM or Barstow but this one works great for me.

10. Taylor3

Taylor3

thomgech,

thank you. Will do.