close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thinking about a 92FS

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by g2122, Mar 29, 2010.

1. g2122

g2122

I'm thinking about venturing out into the world of bottom feeders with hammers. I have 3 Glocks, 2 in .40 and 1 .45ACP. I've been thinking about purchasing Beretta 92FS. I've never owned a 9mm or a conventional double action semi-auto. It appears for the price, the Beretta is a good gun. I know it is big, but I've got a G23 and Smith J frame for carry. Also, one thing I like is the magazines don't cost an arm and a leg. Has anyone had any major problems with the gun? How about customer service?

2. badr1

badr1

great guns.....side note I'm listing a stainless Beretta 96 in a minute with 2 hi caps and you can keep your .40 collection going strong:whistling:....any interest drop me a PM

3. LawDog2006

LawDog2006

The first handgun I bought was a 92FS and I love it. Thousands of rounds and it's beautiful.

4. texanredraider

texanredraider

Great gun. Haven't had to contact customer service, so can't comment on that. If you get the 92, I would recommend getting some Mec-gar magazines. They have a flush-fitting 18rd magazine for the 92 that works great.

5. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Don't do it. The locking block is only rated for 5,000 rounds before it calls it a day. And the slide will fly off if you use +p ammunition, and smack you in the face. And the double-action trigger is sooooo hard to master... and holding it is like holding the fat end of a baseball bat... and it's soooo heavy....

Just kidding. Disregard all of the above- those are just my favorite bull**** reasons the Beretta haters will throw at you when you mention the 92.

In all seriousness, the Beretta is one of the best guns I've owned, and I highly recommend it. Hell, I liked mine so much, I had to get two! (One 92FS and one M9) :thumbsup:

6. raven11

raven11

reliable, good SA pull, magazines are as cheap and plentiful as a glock

can't ask for much more then that

7. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

They are really horrid guns. About the size of a desert eagle, weighing in at 3 tons, you will never be able to hit the broad side of a barn with one. The trigger feels like its 100 yards away. Slide fly off and behead people. Locking block go off after 5k like frag grenades. Absolutly horrid.Do yourself a favore and dont buy one. Infact if anybody here needs theirs properly disposed of send them to me. I will make sure it never has a chance to harm you.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  8. FEDLEO

FEDLEO I'm the rootenist tootenist shootenist

I love me some berrettas. I would tell anyone interested to get one. They are great. One of the most tested firearms on the market.

9. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

They really are great guns. Currently own 6 of them working hard on 7 and 8. Accurate as any combat handgun out there, nice trigger and flawlessly reliable IMO. As far as combat handguns go they dont get much better, again IMO. A little on the heavy side but translates into soft shooting. They were never ment to CCW (though people can and do), but are great as a full sized duty sidearm

10. raven11

raven11

:rofl::rofl:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  11. Ugly_Jerry

Ugly_Jerry

Great gun. I've had mine for a while now and love it. Awesome single action trigger and great accuracy. I put a set of thin Trausch grips on mine and the grip is now slimmer than my Glock 22's.

12. moeman

moeman

The cool thing about a Beretta is when you detail strip it for cleaning--all and I mean all the surfaces have top notch finish--that includes inside the frame and other places other manufacturers in their price range skimp.

Then there is the slide action. It fells like its on ball bearings. You can shoot and shoot and shoot and they don't miss a beat.

I own guns from several other top notch companies (HK, Sig, Springfield 1911's...) and Beretta is by far the best made gun at its price point.

If you are new to the 92fs then do yourself a favor and spend five minutes and five bucks and change out the hammer spring to a "D" spring. The trigger becomes way above average for a DA/SA gun.

Check out the video link how (and check out the other videos to get and idea just how great a design it is). The link below that is one of the places to get the "D" spring.

http://www.beretta92fs.com/video.php?id=211

http://www.olhasso.com/PS/parts.htm

[​IMG]

13. Small Tony

Small Tony

The 92fs is one great gun. Probably my favorite 9mm. Not to mention good looking. lol This is my INOX............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc

Ah yes, the 92. I only own one 92FS but I really like this gun, a lot. :wavey:

[​IMG]

15. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

I own several Berettas, including the 92FS, 92 Compact, and a few 96's, slick slide and DA. I carried a 92 for several years. Very reliable, well made production firearms. I have no reservations about the Beretta products.

16. RF7126

RF7126

I love my Beretta. I'd carry it instead of my Glock for duty if they'd let me.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  17. cdog533

cdog533 Zombie Killer

I have a 92FS Inox, my first gun, got it in '93 after being fired upon... long story, but I figured I better prepare to shoot back.

Shoots good, looks new. Shot a lot of stock gun and bowling pin matches with it. Maybe 5k rounds.

I called them once in '94 about some problems I had with it not feeding crap reloads and they were very nice but told me not to shoot crap reloads. Problem was solved.

The guy from Beretta said "....these guns are high-capacity meatcutters and like factory ammo..." I liked his wording.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  18. blueiron

blueiron

Great pistol!

I never liked them until I shot one, then I was hooked.

19. banger

banger

First before everyone gangs up on me, I really like my Glock's.

I also really like my Beretta's.

There is one compelling reason to buy a Beretta that Glock can not make.

It IS the current U.S. military issued pistol.

That fact alone is enough to earn it a place in my collection.

Without doubt, it will be replaced SOMEDAY, but it has been issued for over 20 years. So it can't be all bad.

20. g2122

g2122

Thanks guys. I've already started looking around. That 9mm ammo prices are looking nice as well. I'm hoping this may get my wife interested. The 9mm Beretta should be a little softer shooting than my Glock 40s or .45.