Glock 20sf Thinking about a 10mm

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rusty Guns, Aug 17, 2019.

1. davethehiker

davethehiker

I had mine custom made here:
    https://www.ttgunleather.com/

2. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

some years ago I picked up a glock 20. I really liked it, then added a Storm Lake 6 inch barrel which really made it better. Then a year and a half ago I picked up a glock 21 upper, put it on G20 lower added some Glock 21 magazines and had a very accurate .45. Last, I picked up some of the 29 round glock look a like .45 magazines from SK. They worked well. Now I'm thinking of getting a G21 lower and a 6 inch barrel. It just never ends.

3. TXscooterguy

TXscooterguy Old, One-legged, Fat Guy

I have a Glock 40 gen4. It has a Vortex Venom on it. I installed Lone Wolf's threaded barrel and compensator. I found the grip a tad big. I got Lone Wolf's large Timberwolf frame. I couldn't be happier. (And I can use the Timberwolf frame with my Glock 21 to boot.)

4. NoJoy

NoJoy

That’s good news. KKM suggested I modify the stock extractor on the 41. The emailed me a picture and how to do it.
    But if your KKM 10mm 41 is running 100% with stock mags, then I am going to try that before any “upgrades” to the extractor.

5. davethehiker

davethehiker

It was a few years ago when I bought my G29. I had a lot of problems with stove piping at first. Back then I had a "gun guy" who has since passed away. He replaced the extractor for me but it did not help. Then a member of GT drove to my house to give me some one-on-one shooting instructions. I learned how to stand and brace myself for the recoil of hot ammo.

Limp wristing is an unfortunate name for the problem I was experiencing at the time. For me, the G29 was unlike other weapons like my G23 and G27 that were forgiving of poor technique. I discovered that I could shoot the G29 from my hip and never experience a FTF (or hit anything). The name "limp wristing" was causing me to strangle the grip and that did not help. I no longer have problems with FTF or stove piping. I learned that I had to unlock my elbows and think about keeping the weapon still in a point in space as I fire. I was a slow learner, but now I no longer experience FTF.

6. Green thumb

Green thumb

It doesn't take long to become addicted to 10mm. It does take some of the fun away from shooting my 9mm's, and now the 22's feel like air soft guns.

davethehiker likes this.