close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

think the pup might be pullin my leg...

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Ender, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

okay...let the pup out last night, and she came in with a slight limp. didn't think too much of it, felt up and down her front legs, checked her paw pads and in between to try to find something. she basically licked me the whole time.

couple hours later, she started whining REALLY bad...scared the crap outta me. i tried to comfort her for a few mins, then started looking for a vet that was open at 4 a.m.

then she stopped, calmed down, and was fine.

today...she limps when she is around me, and favors her paw a bit...but when i'm not looking she doesn't do it! let her out and peeked thru the blinds at her, and she was jogging around no problem...stopped for a minute, and started walking around fine!

i have no doubt she might have twisted an 'ankle' slightly or something, but the only time she shows it is around me!

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Is your smart puppy trying to play you up for sympathy, in other words?!

Possibly. The little beggars have been known to do that.

Usually it means that the dog is growing bored and is more than ready to go into obediance training in a serious way.

So do it. If you ignore this it could escalate into full-blown neuroses that are much more difficult to treat. Head those problems off by distracting the pooch. Give it a job, and the dog will be much happier; even if it resists the training at first, your animal cannot feel satisfaction if it is bored.

Remember, Idle Paws Are The Devil's Workshop!!;a

3. WolfmanGK

WolfmanGK Super Plump

On occasion, my dog will whine loudly, like he is being injured or is in severe pain. I took him to the vet, and the vet said it might be gas. I dunno. He has done it 4 times in the past 2 years.

4. Craiger

Craiger 10mm

Could be PANOSTEITIS also AKA Pano

Pano Info

5. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

sorry i didn't update...

a couple days after i posted this, i noticed her limp got a lot worse...and she was doing it when she didn't know i was looking.

took her to the vet, who figured she sprained it...couldn't feel any breaks or anything else. gave me some Rimadyl (sp) to take care of the pain, and insisted i keep her 'laying low,' for a week.

shes been fine since, and i stopped the meds several days ago.

6. DEUCE-DOBE

DEUCE-DOBE Landshark&Sis'

I had a 'similar' situation... my dobe was at the dogpark, he and a chihuahua (that small mexican breed) were playing, the chihuahua takes off running, under a parked car, my 8 month old (at the time)dobe decided he could go under as well... until the last second when it was too late and dented-in the side of this car (the owner was fine with it -old Jeep). He limped then was fine, then limped more later at night. So, at about 1am, my wife and I are driving to the all hours vet. Sure enough, just a charlie-horse. Sometimes they will exaggerate for attention.