close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Think I'm getting a new IPad! Anybody else??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by kettlebellman, Mar 9, 2012.

1. kettlebellman

kettlebellman

2. Dragline

Dragline

3. Resqu2

Resqu2

The only thing stopping me is not having $500 to get it with, but I will soon I hope

4. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

No. I won't buy another Apple product unless my life depends on it.

5. nathanours

nathanours Texan

I'm definitely not getting one. It seems very mediocre. The specs that come on the new one look like they should have been on a device released 2 years ago...

6. Swiper

Swiper

I rather get the next version of Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  7. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

I'm still happy with my iPad 1. If I were going to drop $500, I wouldn't replace my iPad if it still worked fine. I plan on spending about that same amount on an AK soon.

8. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

Once you've gone Android. . . . . .

9. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? Millennium Member CLM

Ummmm... You're aware that the specs couldn't have been produced two years ago, at any price? Not at a million dollars a unit, much less $500.

The ability to make a screen at that density is brand new tech, as is the quad-core graphics GPU in a package that small. It's a faster graphics unit than an Xbox 360.

Its ok to not like it, or to feel like the improvements aren't meaningful for your needs, or even to say that you really wanted a quad-core CPU, and feel like it should have one.

But to say that the specs across the board are disappointing, and sound like a two-year-old unit is... Insane, or ignorant.

10. Resqu2

Resqu2

Totally agree, they didn't even have equipment good enough to show it at its true potential at the keynote. That says something in itself.

11. random southpaw

random southpaw

I own a MaBook Pro and an iPhone 4; they are both terrific. My wife also owns a MacBook Pro and my sone has a MacBook and an iPhone 4S.

So, with that, I want to make it very clear that I am sold on Apple products. But, I am not yet "into" the iPad thing. The quality of the iPad, as usual with Apple products, appears to be way ahead of the rest of the industry.

I do not understand why anyone would intentionally "diss" products that lead the rest of the industry.

I continue to question myself over my lack of desire for iPads because I just cannot understand what applications or reasons would make it a compelling product for me. I've shared a bit about that in the other thread. So, if you were one of the fine iPad devotees who listed some of the reasons that I might want to reconsider my position, I did see your posts and I thank you for your feedback.

But I am amazed at the put downs of Apple products. That just does not make sense. The quality of Apple products is first class.

12. Deanster

Deanster Cheese? Millennium Member CLM

And to be fair, apple has been known to use older CPUs and GPUs long past their freshness date, though usually its because Intel is screwing with them somehow (the core i series' integrated graphics requirement is a great example, and the ongoing delays with Xeon CPUs appropriate for Mac pros is another).

But this isn't that situation. The new iPad should be the fastest pad on the market in actual use. There may be a quad core tablet that's faster on CPU benchmarks, but that comes at a major penalty is size, weight, and/or battery life.

13. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Dave Packard (one of the founders of Hewlett-Packard) once said (I'm paraphrasing...)

It is absolutely amazing to me how difficult computers are to operate, and how little they actually simplify the tasks they should simplify, and yet people praise them.

Apples are no different.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012