Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Honest confession.

The G26 has literally never been fired since buying it brand new. Not a single round. Now it is "used" but it is virgin new including the box and docs, The G27.4 is "like new" with case and goodies that I have never fired it after just one mag thru it.

Yes, then I have a G30S that I won't ever sell or trade. And the G23C Gen 3 that makes the 27 just not attractive to me. Both of them are like brand new. But they are much better for me.

My despair in owning the 26 and 27 is that I just hold on to them so I can pass them on to my kids. No other reason than that. They just don't scratch my itch.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I like shooting the G26 and G27, they shoot well for me. The problem is carrying them. As strange as it sounds, the shortness of them and the resulting short holsters make them carry less well than a G19 or G23. With those, the holster is longer and puts pressure further down the leg, making the holster well balanced. With the short holsters of the subcompacts, the holster tends to want to lean outward at the grip, making it feel top heavy. My G30, my G19/23 carry better for me than my G26 and G27. Sounds counterintuitive but there is it.

Think I may try a OWB scabbard holster like a Kramer for my G26/27 and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
26,656 Posts
I have never regretted selling a gun I didn't shoot very much --and I guess I have never sold a gun I did shoot a lot.

I was actually very happy to sell my G26 - I can't say it was a mistake to buy it - it seemed like the perfect CC gun - shared mags with my G19s - seemed to feel about the same in my hand.

It just wasn't for me -

·
Mr. Awesome
12,214 Posts
I carry my G27 and 442 more than any other. No way I would get rid of my G27. I also have a G26.5 that is new. Not real interested in selling it, but I would only sell one of the two, if I had to sell some guns.

·
Florist
20,606 Posts
I like shooting the G26 and G27, they shoot well for me. The problem is carrying them. As strange as it sounds, the shortness of them and the resulting short holsters make them carry less well than a G19 or G23. With those, the holster is longer and puts pressure further down the leg, making the holster well balanced. With the short holsters of the subcompacts, the holster tends to want to lean outward at the grip, making it feel top heavy. My G30, my G19/23 carry better for me than my G26 and G27. Sounds counterintuitive but there is it.
Yup, I learned this in 2006, soon after I began carrying my G26 IWB. Two or three times I even had the gun and holster flip out from the pants when I bent down. Switched to carrying the G26 in a G19 IWB holster.

·
Registered
8,502 Posts
Honest confession.

The G26 has literally never been fired since buying it brand new. Not a single round. Now it is "used" but it is virgin new including the box and docs, The G27.4 is "like new" with case and goodies that I have never fired it after just one mag thru it.

Yes, then I have a G30S that I won't ever sell or trade. And the G23C Gen 3 that makes the 27 just not attractive to me. Both of them are like brand new. But they are much better for me.

My despair in owning the 26 and 27 is that I just hold on to them so I can pass them on to my kids. No other reason than that. They just don't scratch my itch.

The G27 and G33 are THE ultimate CCWs, if you have one I would suggest holding on to it you might need it some day.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My wife actually bought me my G26 in 2005, probably 8 thousand rounds later without ever a hiccup I’d never ever consider selling it, even if she didn’t buy it for me.

For you guys talking about holster issues with the 26/27, probably 10 years ago one Sunday at church on Father’s Day, all the dads got a raffle ticket while walking in, I just happened to win a $50 gift card. That same day I bought a Bianchi Black Widow belt slide holster, with the card I think I spent $6 or $7 out of my own pocket, best money I’ve ever spent! ;) Seriously, didn’t know what to expect, it’s turned out to be one of my favorite holsters ever! Wish they offered one for my P30sk, wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one!

·
Registered
10,982 Posts
Honest confession.

Glocks are hardly heirlooms that you pass down. They are mass produced tools. When you no longer need them, dispose of them. Might as well plan on passing down a staple gun.

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Glocks are hardly heirlooms that you pass down. They are mass produced tools. When you no longer need them, dispose of them. Might as well plan on passing down a staple gun.
I said I would pass them down. I did not say that they were heirloom guns.

Is a Smith and Wesson Model 10 an heirloom gun? Or a Ruger 10/22? An AR15? Or god forbid a common Beretta?

Hardly. And I wouldn't claim them to be.

But still nice guns to pass down to my children.

Are you suggesting that I ditch them rather than pass them down, because they are not heirloom? 'Cuz that is what it sounds like you are suggesting.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I'd probably at least hang on to the 26, either to keep or pass down. Sell the 27 if you are looking to get rid of any.
Your kids or whoever they are passed to may or may not care for the .40 caliber and might appreciate having a 9mm more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts