Congratulations, looks well planned and thought out!I retired permanently when I turned 58.
- my personal savings equaled ten times my pre-retirement salary
- I was fully vested in a state funded teacher retirement program that guaranteed:
a) 75% of the average of my five highest years of wages for the remainder of my life
b) 100% coverage of all medical/pharmacy/vision/dental insurance expenses for life
- I waited until my full retirement age (66) to begin receiving social security
- my home was mortgage free (and my property taxes were frozen for life when I turned 65)
- both of my vehicles were paid off before I took retirement
- I had zero credit card debt both before and after retirement
When I travel I spend 3-6 months on the road. Direct deposit and auto bill pay mean that I do not have to be at home to manage my affairs.
I have the flexibility to spend whatever I want to, on whatever I want to, whenever I want to.
I am so busy during my retirement . . . that I do not know how I ever found time to go to work every day.