Things Chick-fil-A Funds - and (now) Doesn't Fund

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by 4Rules, Nov 30, 2019.

1. 4Rules

4Rules

2. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Are they still funding nice clean restaurants with good service and pretty good food?

If so then I will still eat there.

RichardB, J_Rico, HarlDane and 8 others like this.

3. B C

B C

From the article

"In 2017 Chick-fil-A donated money to the same corrupt SPLC that still outrageously lists FRC as a “hate group.”"

I thought I read a leftist group donated money in Chick Fil A's name? Either way, the SPLC is a hate group and should be designated as such.

If you haven't noticed, the left has ramped up their anti-Chick Fil A news lately. You've probably noticed a lot of Popeye's mentions in the media trying to talk up their chicken sandwiches. Being a Christian and having Christian values is apparently wrong. Turning a blind eye to Islam is fine though.

4. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Celebrated evangelist Rev. Franklin Graham revealed Thursday that Chick-fil-A’s CEO has assured him that the fast food chain has not “bowed down” to demands from LGBT activists following the news that it is ending donations to three groups that oppose gay marriage.

In a social media post, Graham wrote that he called CEO Dan Cathy to discuss the issue and said he came away thinking the controversy had been overblown, affirming that Chick-fil-A “has not changed who they are or what they believe.”

Has Chick-fil-A caved? Some are saying they’ve rolled over, that they’ve conceded to the LGBTQ protests because they released a statement about their charitable giving. They announced that in 2020 they’re giving to fight hunger and homelessness and support education. What’s wrong with that?

I picked up the phone and called Dan Cathy. Dan was very clear that they have not bowed down to anyone’s demands, including the LGBTQ community. They will continue to support whoever they want to support. They haven’t changed who they are or what they believe. Chick-fil-A remains committed to Christian values. Dan Cathy assured me that this isn’t going to change. I hope all those who jumped to the wrong conclusion about them read this.

In my opinion, the gay movement wouldn’t ever be happy with Chick-fil-A unless they were open on Sunday, gave all of their charitable donations to LGBTQ organizations, and flew the rainbow flag over their stores! Their hatred for Chick-fil-A is rooted in founder Truett Cathy’s strong stand for biblical “traditional” values and his desire to honor God.

No fast food chain does a better job. I went through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A yesterday morning, and I thought I might get dinner there—but a whole lot of other people had the same idea! A Chick-fil-A sandwich with waffle fries sounds really good right now!

Graham’s comments come after the Atlanta-based company said Monday that starting next year, it will focus its giving on three areas: hunger, homelessness, and education.

“This decision was made to create more clarity — and to better address three critical needs facing children across the communities Chick-fil-A serves,” the company said in a statement.

5. Pluto57

Pluto57

I boycotted Chick-Fil-A for a year when they dropped their coleslaw. I figure that was long enough. As long as they focus their donations on the areas that they say they will, I'll continue to patronize their restaurants.

6. evlbruce

evlbruce

Not going to write them off, but now not going to go out of my way.

7. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

I don't blame people or organizations for donating to both sides (within reason), these days it seems like if you don't you lose half of your customers.

What I don't like are institutions that take the side of reducing our rights in some way. That's typically when I pull the personal boycott (Dick's Sporting Goods).

8. Pack26

Pack26

Same here. I meet three retired friends weekly for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A. Much better than Burger King or McDonalds.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  9. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

I stopped for a while after they dropped carrot-raisin salad.
    I still don't understand that.

10. fg17

fg17

I get get as annoyed by bible thumping holier than thou anti LGBTQ folks as I do by anti gun, pro illegal immigration, safe space folks. But I don’t do boycotts, however I did stop eating all that fast food garbage awhile ago. So none of them are getting my business.:animlol:

RichardB likes this.
  11. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Right-wing Christians are as bad as leftist Libs.

Just like the NFL- I don’t give a flying f*+#% what they do or don’t support, make me food, as I want NFL players to entertain me, not discuss their political leanings.

B C likes this.
  12. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Who give a crap whom fast food restaurant owners give their charity to?

HarlDane likes this.
  13. jr24

jr24

Aren't any around me, never eaten at one anyway.

14. flyover

flyover

None around me to even try their food.

15. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

What this thread needs is a few more tags.

16. jmohme

jmohme

Never eaten there before, so no, it won't change anything for me.

17. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

They caved. I don't understand why. Every CFA I've seen is always busy and very successful.
    The LBGTSIECDCQ (whatever) groups weren't hurting their business one bit. Should have stuck to their guns and not let a tiny percentage change their core beliefs.

Caver 60 likes this.
  18. P99er

P99er GT Ombudsman

Let's hope those wanting to eat Chik-Fil-A won't have as long to wait. It would be nice to see those long lines disappear.

19. DukeNukem

DukeNukem

I know McDonald’s is the devil but I am a sucker for a Big Mac. Chicken sure causes a lot of trouble in the world.

20. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

I understand, I don’t want food that looks like it has dead flies in it.

upload_2019-11-30_23-16-43.jpeg