Thibodaux Match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DEJ/FL, Apr 20, 2007.

1. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The new Star Ship made it to Houma and in a few minutes, we going to see if we can find the range in Thibodaux! We have 5 in it and it wasn't to bad according to the 2nd and 3rd row passagers.
    The weather is really nice and it is to continue through the weekend!
    More as it happens!

Dan:cool:

2. Clem

Clem

Good luck, guys! Glad to hear y'all arrived OK. Wish we could be there. We miss y'all. Show 'em how it's done! GO TEAM CARVER!!! Tony.

3. ede

ede

glad to hear you all made it ok and the new ride worked out OK for you. i should of ask are you going to take my g30 for a test drive while you're there?

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Well, here it is my first match since having my new hips, I am up early and moving around. The weather is looking great should be about 80°F winds 10 to 15mph. My roomys are now starting to stir. We will head down in about an hour for food then on to the range. Yesterday we asked Cindy N. from Glock about how many are preregistered, and she said only about 35. I sure hope more show up. The range looks great, very well groomed. We also let a new Glock armaor Roger from the three state area. Nice chap. I am ready for my first match with out pain. I should have better concentration I just wish I had better ballance. It will come. Hope to meet new people and make some new friends during this match. Good luck every one.

Pharaoh
    :thumbsup:

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Ed
    I though about it but after repeated test firings and then noticing the rear sight has got ALOT of windage adjusted into it, I dicided to shoot my own G30! At least I can hit the target with mine!:thumbsup:

6. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Good luck to you guys!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the 'Florida Gang' does well.

And a special good luck to Pete, glad to have you back.

Hope to see y'all next week at Anderson!!!

Mrs G-R :hugs:

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The gangs at the Southern Shooting Center are a GREAT bunch of folks! Not only do they have true southern hospitality, they did a GREAT job putting on the FIRST GSSF event. The 5 of us got there around 8:30 and we got our labels and headed over to the shooting bays. Once we got started shooting, we ALL were finished 11:30!!!!
    We will be headed back out tomorrow morning so some of us can finish up shooting the rest of our categories. I can't say enough good thinks about the appearance of the Southern Shooting Center facility! Really First Class shooting range!:thumbsup:

8. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Our plane landed at 12:20 PM today and we arrived at the range at 1:45 PM. After registering and visiting with some longtime friends, Gary and Barb Thibodaux, Brenda and I decided to enjoy some of the areas cuisine and shoot my 5 guns early Sunday morning.

To emphasize and agree with our other CARVER Mount team members, Dan, Don and Pete, the facilities at the Southern Shooting Facility are supreme. The layout and appearance of the range is splendid, too. In addition, the hospitality and RO experience was outstanding!! This is the first of many "upcoming" GSSF matches at this range. If you aren't attending this match, this year, don't forget to include it on your calendar for next year. You won't be dissappointed that you did.

My wife, Brenda, and I will follow our other Team members to the range tomorrow morning and shoot the events that I came to shoot, then head back to New Orleans to fly back to Jacksonville, after stopping at Nashville for a short visit tomorrow afternoon.

See ya at the range soon,
    Bobby Carver

9. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

This was one of the best GSSF matches I've ever attended!

10. BayouSlide

BayouSlide

Speaking as one of the ROs and a member of the sponsoring Cajun Action Shooters USPSA club, it was a pleasure meeting and working with you guys, as well as the great crew from Glock. You're a first class bunch of shooters :thumbsup:

We appreciate all the kind words. At the wrap up meeting after the match, Gary noted we love to do it again next year.

Enjoyed the weekend as much as y'all did. Southern Shooting Center truly is fine facility, and the spring weather in Louisiana treated us kindly with sunshine and a gentle breeze :supergrin:

11. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Sorry I am soooooooooo late posting. I would like to say a "BIG THANKS" to Barb and Gary Thibodaux at Southern Shooting Center. You and your entire crew made all of us feel welcome and right at home. Your hard work and desire to run a first class match really shined bright. You have one of the nicest facilities and greatest group of folks I have had the pleasure of meeting of all the GSSF Matches I have attended. Bet next years turnout will be twice as big when the news gets around.

Anyone who missed this match missed one of the premier matches on the schedule.

12. BayouSlide

BayouSlide

I e-mailed Gary & Barbara links to the Thibodaux threads so they could get to enjoy all the compliments they earned :thumbsup:

As we all know, entry numbers are the key to successful events so please continue to pass the word among the GSSF shooters so that we can build interest and maybe get to do it again next year.

I'm sure y'all agree that South Louisiana ain't a half bad place to spend the weekend...when you're not shooting you can sit down and enjoy some exceptional Cajun cuisine. I heard Gary & Barbara passed along excellent restaurant recommendations to some of you ;)

I really enjoyed meeting some of the people I only knew from the virtual realm. Maybe I'll have to take a road trip this fall and shoot the match in Pensacola with you guys.

Curtis

13. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Make your plans to attend the Northwest Florida Ballistic Challange II on November 10 & 11 near Pensacola, FL! We will make sure you feel right at home!:thumbsup:

14. Juli Kemp

Juli Kemp

The Thibodaux match was my first time to compete in a GSSF event, and I must say that, in spite of my score, it was great fun. I've obviously got a lot to learn - but have some good instructors in family and friends (thanks, Panhandle Bill). Looking forward to doing this again - possibly at Fort Smith. Thanks to the fine folks at Southern Shooting Center for putting on a good match - loved your facility, and the weather you ordered was perfect!

15. BayouSlide

BayouSlide

We remember you, Juli: I think you were our only lady shooter. I was working the Glock M stage. Hope you had a great time and we'll all see you down the road at another match now that you've got "your feet wet".

It's definitely addictive and you'll meet a lot of great folks in the sport :thumbsup:

16. RetiredRob

RetiredRob

I would also like to add my thanks to the fine folks at the Southern Shooting Center for hosting an excellent match. This was my wife's (Juli) first Glock match and all the RO's went out of their way to assist her and give her all the time & attention they could. She shot my G17 and I used my G19. This is a great facility and this will make a great match for us as our son, his wife, and our 2 grand-daughters live in Denham Springs. We are already looking forward to coming back next year !!
    Robert

17. Bamboozled!!!

Bamboozled!!!

I was working 5 to Glock, and I too, remember you Juli. Don't worry, you did wonderfully. Thank you all for your positive feed back, and I hope to see everyone next year.