Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was refreshing to hear them say on tape and not lie about how they are skewing Covid numbers upwards. As I was mowing the lawn yesterday im listening to a radio show about computers(Kim Kommando Show) I listen for about 20 minutes then they get interrupted for the Sunday briefing from the Illinois Governors office not really wanting to stop and change the station I listen in..I didnt care as im in PA but I listen..about 15 Min in some nice lady their healthcare expert im assuming finally admits..

If you are Covid+ but you clearly die of something else...it gets counted as a Covid death...even if you clearly die of something else..this was refreshing to finally hear someone admit this instead of trying to cover it up, skip the question or give a PC answer...and why are they skewing these numbers UP...who could it possibly benefit..or possibly hurt..I think we know who and why dont we..... this is the video feel free to skip to the 15:00 mark where she explains how they are skewing UP the numbers.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM4_xJYD1uk&fbclid=IwAR2aRhl8Y-G1tH6e9YW0sTkcmMbh6IYlz3ttSh9cSwIBUo7zUabm3DtFfko

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,548 Posts
I do wonder;

Are some states over-stating their COVID deaths for political reasons? Get more federal funds? More press and attention? Give the voting population the idea that the situation is worse than it is, so the politicians can then look like they're really making a difference?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do wonder;

Are some states over-stating their COVID deaths for political reasons? Get more federal funds? More press and attention? Give the voting population the idea that the situation is worse than it is, so the politicians can then look like they're really making a difference?
all of the above because worse in this case = they can say Trumps bad, they can get more $$

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
If you look at the way flu deaths are counted, if anything, we are undercounting...

It's not a coincidence that hospoare leaving dead bodies in spare rooms and opening temporary morgues

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,548 Posts
If you look at the way flu deaths are counted, if anything, we are undercounting...

It's not a coincidence that hospoare leaving dead bodies in spare rooms and opening temporary morgues
If you have any links that show such things happening, please share them.

I know some hospitals have been over-whelmed at times, but there's also many videos showing doctors and nurses sitting around with little to do.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The local hospital where I'm at just put over 300 employees on "temporary leave" because there's nothing for them to do since all elective procedures, etc have been put on-hold. As of the day that was reported there were a whole TWO covid patients there.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
If you have any links that show such things happening, please share them.
I know some hospitals have been over-whelmed at times, but there's also many videos showing doctors and nurses sitting around with little to do.
I believe that a little of both is accurate. Some hospitals have been overwhelmed, particularly in the NYC area, but also other parts of many hospitals are underutilized, because elective procedures aren't being done and a lot of people are staying away from hospitals, where in other times they would have gone.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Per CDC, 2017-18 flu season: 61K dead, 830K hospitalized. This is excluding latent cases.

COVID19 = BIGGEST SCAM IN THE HISTORY.

Meanwhile, banksters are still pocketing our money.

·
Wolverine
9,896 Posts
I believe that a little of both is accurate. Some hospitals have been overwhelmed, particularly in the NYC area, but also other parts of many hospitals are underutilized, because elective procedures aren't being done and a lot of people are staying away from hospitals, where in other times they would have gone.
Exactly. Those that do not understand this are either ignorant of what is going on or in denial.

We have asked people to avoid going to the hospital if they can and are not allowing elective procedures. Hospitals are germ magnets. This has been a critical component of mitigation.

·
Registered
31,784 Posts
How many people that have the virus are dying of something else? It has to be a pretty minuscule percentage.

All you have to do is compare average daily deaths from all causes before this happened to now.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Are some states over-stating their COVID deaths for political reasons?
Recall that the greatest joy a leftist ever has is to be a victim. This relieves him of responsibility for anything that ever went wrong, and gets him the attention that daddy never gave him and which he now so desperately covets.

So yes, the Chinese virus is carte blanche to be the ultimate victim. Both individually and corporately. Consider actor Idris Elbow (yeah that's not his real name), who tested positive but barely had any symptoms (like the majority of those afflicted the virus). He is milking it for all its worth, and won't shut up about it. Its all about the glorious attention of being a victim.

So yeah, I do think that some governors have a compunction to milk this thing while they can, and demonstrate how my state has it way worse than yours.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If you have AIDS and die from pneumonia, did AIDS kill you or did pneumonia?

If you got shot and the gaping hole of a wound became infected, did the gunshot kill you or did the infection kill you?

·
Wolverine
9,896 Posts

If you got shot and the gaping hole of a wound became infected, did the gunshot kill you or did the infection kill you?
In my State both diagnoses would be on the death certificate in both cases you questioned. None of this is as simple as many of you would like to make it. We have a cascade of diagnoses resulting in the proximate cause, as well as significant other diagnoses.

Let’s say the GSW was the result of being shot by a burglar. That would be a homicide by GSW, who died of sepsis from a wound infection, a recognized late term complication. If he had AIDS, would be listed as a diagnosis but not likely as contributing to death, unless there were other factors to be considered.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts

Wut 'da mean "immediate and underlying cause of death"?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts