These Proceedings on TV

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by robhic, Jan 23, 2020.

1. 1cm

1cm

LOL

It was over 232 years ago and it has been a known fact since then. The Founding fathers put it in the US Constitution:

Article 1, Section 6 of the Constitution

1: ... They shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.

2. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

My wife has been glued to the TV. I keep telling her that the prosecution always comes first. Just wait for the defense. ‘Nuff said.

3. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I have not watched a second of this Democrat campaign hit job but have seen snippets of the morons pontificating via news clips. It is even worse than I expected it to be. The Republicans should use their 3 days to shovel the Dem BS into a dumpster, set it on fire, and take an immediate vote to acquit.

Doc McGlock likes this.
  4. jp 19

jp 19

I like this quote from Proverbs

Proverbs 18:17
    17 In a lawsuit the first to speak seems right,
    until someone comes forward and cross-examines.

5. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

The first to speak in court sounds right— until the cross-examination begins. NLT

jp 19 likes this.
  6. El Pistolero

El Pistolero bene vivere Silver Member

7,850 ft up in the New Mexico Rocky Mountains
  7. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Woah Nellie, I could have went for days without seeing that. Now I can’t unsee it.

aircarver and El Pistolero like this.
  8. serve_and_protect

serve_and_protect

Congress also exempted themselves from insider trading restrictions on the stock market.

JFrame likes this.
  9. Karambit777

Karambit777

you see it every time you glance at a news station on TV; and have been for the past 3 1/2 years...

10. nerr

nerr

I can't watch any of the reporting. I keep track on Fox web site and National Review. Right now, it's like watching reruns where you know the plot and the only changes are who's doing the same thing. The only twists are the knots in Dem's skivvies.

11. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

Or stupid to keep re-electing that POS.

12. robhic

Have you seen comedian Tom Shillue do his impersonation of Schiff? Besides being hilarious he really looks like him with some makeup. Scary but funny. He does it on the "Greg Gutfeld Show" on Fox.

fx77 and jp 19 like this.
  13. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:9

I refuse to listen to liberal yapping.

14. jp 19

jp 19

FF to 2:28

View: https://youtu.be/3wKEnKoc1x8

robhic likes this.
  15. Lonestar 48

Lonestar 48 Silver Member

What is getting to me is the way Schiff and the others keep referring to Trump's "drug deal". I guess that came from Bolton, but they are using it to give another "crime" air time for the brainless masses.

16. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

I’m not watching it.

Doc McGlock likes this.
  17. Redstate

Redstate

I am not watching any of this. But I heard that the dems are just rehashing everything from the house impeachment.

I thought this was was supposed to be a trial. Never heard of a trial where there were allowed opening "arguments". It is opening statements. It is where the attorneys give the jury a road map of the evidence they intend to present. They need to be careful not to disclose inadmissible evidence, because the jury will not trust an attorney who says the evidence will show that...; but, the evidence is not admitted.

Then the evidence is presented, first by the plaintiff and then by the defendant. In a real trial, the evidence would have to be be admissible, according to the rules of evidence. IMO, there was very little admissible evidence during the house proceedings.

I would reasonably believe that the senate trial would require adherence to the Federal Rules of Evidence. After the plaintiff dems submit their Admissible evidence, it would be clearly demonstrated the there is no evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors, or for that matter, any wrongdoing on the part of President Trump. The defense would not need to provide any evidence; but could then move for non-suit, and President Trump would rightfully be acquitted.

But then again, impeachment is a purely political process, and the rules firmly entrenched in the Constitution and just plain old common sense and basic principles of justice may not apply.

This circus needs to end now :steamed:. Of course, the dems may come up with another entirely different impeachment. President Trump can then wear impeachment as a badge of honor. After all, it is a badge of honor that a President is doing so many things adverse to the dem agenda. Thank God they don't have a 2/3 majority in the senate.

robhic and czsmithGT like this.
  18. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

It isn't a trial. It's a Commie Dem/media bull**** made for TV pile of garbage.

19. Kennydale

Kennydale

20. robhic

I record the Tucker Carlson show. That way commercials, annoying clips and guests I can't stand (Richard Goodstein for one) can be FF to see the good (if any...) parts.